What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Imagine a player missing a grand final or missing out on a Dally M because they were stood down after wrongly being accused of assault.

I knew I should have alleged that Ben Kennedy and Andrew Johns assaulted me 12 years ago..

BranVan3000

Coach
Disappointed in Ben if the allegations are true and I hope the club takes appropriate action. Some sketchiness around the way this came to light in the media

Been in trouble a few times since he got here. Has he got a history of bad behaviour?

Btw are these the same pictures that were apparently being circulated a few weeks back?

The Enforcer

Juniors
I said unless the man is in "direct immediate danger". The woman having a weapon would fall under that. If a woman has a weapon and is trying to use it on a man the man obviously has the right to do what is necessary to keep himself safe.
She did, she had about 300 sharpened eye brow pencils.

Snoochies

First Grade
Being a current affair I'm sure we'll get a well balanced story. :roll:

They'll probably even end the show saying that they tried to contact Mr Teo but he declined to comment.

The Enforcer

Juniors
It actually makes more sense if Te'o made the call given she hasn't pressed charges. Her story may not line up if she hasn't pressed charges but has gone straight to the media.

Not excusing Te'o for anything though. If this is true he needs to be sacked from his club at the very least and maybe deregistered for a period.
Te'o could also have decided to make the call before her to make it look good for him if he actually was in the wrong ?

Sleep

Juniors
Errmmm... I remember this being reported when it happened. Why is it news now? Surely it would of been investigated at the time. Sounds like a cash grab to me.

Glen

Bench
I'm hoping the 9 story tonight will include a dramatic reenactment. I love those things

El Diablo

Post Whore
if no police charges are laid then all journos involved in this should have accreditation removed

nöyd

Staff member
answer #1: i will wait for all the facts before answering any questions

answer #2: see answer #1

the dude

Juniors
unfortunately, the public eat this crap up.

If charges haven't been laid then he has nothing to defend.

We'll see what happens..

nöyd

Staff member
a police spokesperson states that all matters have/had been withdrawn by the complainant - source foxsports news

magic

Juniors
Some of the facts that have come to light:

1. It was Te'o who called the police from Corey Norman's phone.
2. It was Te'o who asked the police to remove the woman from the house (in which he had lived prior to moving to Sydney)
3..It happened a month ago, the police have interviewed her and neither she nor they have laid charges. She has not made an official complaint to the police but the usual thing when an assault is reported is that the police take a statement and asked the person if they want to make a complaint. It seems the woman didn't.
4. Neither the police or the woman or her legal people have made contact with the club or Te'o manager or the NRL Integrity Unit.
5. Danny Weidler is all over this with his grubbiness. Richardson handled him so well and gave him enough rope to do himself damage.
6. Let us not have another Brett Stewart episode. His treatment was disgraceful and the girl's father in that situation was found to be a con man of the worst kind.

If it is proven that Te'o did this then he should be stood down and any new contract not registered by the NRL.