What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

magic

Juniors
Souths were really stupid enough not to inform the NRL about this until last night?

What a bunch of f**king idiots.

The have basically sat on this information. Regardless of the circumstances it would have allowed the NRL to be proactive on this issue. But no, they just sit back and wait for it to unfold and hope it doesn't.

Teo did what was required in terms of reporting. His club failed the game in this circumstance

If every rumour or claim was to be reported to the NRL then the bureaucracy would be huge.

On the other hand if the allegations are untrue then what is there to report? Is Danny Weidler the judge of all things?

Rosetta

Juniors
Well Nein are going ahead with the interview, unless she claims some kind of a cover-up I don't see where this can go with police dropping the matter.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Good question. Doesn't say what if any Medical treatment was needed.

I am not naive enough to think this (Women bashing) doesn't happen but this seems strange as too timing Police not pressing charges etc

I don't know whether that is official - it has been stated on here - so, take that for what is worth.

gUt

Coach
Let's assume this goes away with no further action demanded of, or taken against Te'o. Let's say it's a cash grab by this girl (not saying it is, just speculating) and a ratings grab by the merkins at 9:

Surely that's Weidler's ticket stamped for all time by the NRL? Surely after how close the players came to boycotting News Ltd after the Johnny Mannah outrage this will be one step too far?

If it emerges that Te'o bashed her and he's a rotten scumbag etc, good on Weidler and the girl for getting rid of a dirty woman hitting merkin. Somehow I don't think this is how it will play out.

Rosetta

Juniors
Danny Weidler ‏@Danny_Weidler
Fact - Nine did not pay for the story. Fact - I showed souths boss Shane Richardson interview on Monday to allow him and Teo to respond.

Hmmmmmmm.

Feej

First Grade
Surprised that 9 aren't wheeling out Rugby Leagues greatest friend...

tracey.jpg

magpie4ever

First Grade
Waiting for the usual posters on here to claim it's an ALP/ASADA conspiracy to take the heat off the AFL drugs investigation.:D

STG 002

First Grade
this forum is the defence for all things bad that happen in league. take your rose coloured glasses off fools.
it's quite obvious to anyone with half a brain what has happended here.