What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Teo Facing 3-4 weeks

sheamas

Juniors
I agree that if Teo has hit him in the head then he should get a week off but I'm still yet to be convinced the he has made contact with the head. Someone could easily be concussed from a hit that hard to the chest just from the whiplash and you would think there would be more damage if he has hit that hard in the chin, like blood. I saw the match on TV and have watched the replay numerous times and I never thought any head contact was made and Teo and the other players all said they didn't see anything wrong with it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Interesting comment Seamus. There wasn't much of a reaction by the tigers players after the hit and most of the broncos reaction was that it was a good hit.

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol::lol::lol:

Proof or gtfo you miserable troll.
If I was going to lie I'd say I'm a NRL 1st grader (there's plenty of them that live in Coogee actually) and can't reveal my identity because we've been banned from posting online.

If I was going to lie I'd actually make the lie something exciting. Not lie about playing 2 months of top level UNDER SIXTEENS. FWIW, I was a centre, at the time I thought I was the next Matt Gidley. I broke my ankle because some fat prop decided he'd have a laydown on my leg and that was the end of that.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If I was going to lie I'd say I'm a NRL 1st grader (there's plenty of them that live in Coogee actually) and can't reveal my identity because we've been banned from posting online.

If I was going to lie I'd actually make the lie something exciting. Not lie about playing 2 months of top level UNDER SIXTEENS. FWIW, I was a centre, at the time I thought I was the next Matt Gidley. I broke my ankle because some fat prop decided he'd have a laydown on my leg and that was the end of that.

Well you've convinced me :roll:

dogslife

Coach

:lol: Sigworthy

user_nat

Coach

That does sound like something you would think.

I'm starting to believe this story.

Snappy

Coach

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bunniesman Gold

Big Pete

Referee
The story would have been more interesting if your career was ended by a shoulder charge to the head.

B+ effort.

some11

Referee
High shot is a high shot. About time the NRL took a stance against this.

Teo launches himself in to the shoulder charge from the ground upwards and finished up actually jumping at Groat, Pritchard just stood his ground and lead with the shoulder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d3feuQiUYU (Pritchard hit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYKSLpq6m-A (Teo hit)

Both were good hits, the Broncos have no problems covering him but they are right to fight the charge.

On par with 'that' williams tackle. Anything less than 7 weeks is disgraceful.

Nice one :lol:

Apey

Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYKSLpq6m-A

Best look at it is 0.42 secs.........he could have gone in lower

I s'pose...

don't know how people can watch that and still think it wasn't even high :lol:

He hit him flush on the chin. Look at the front on replay and the level of Teo's shoulder is dead in line with Groat's chin as he approaches the tackle. He flies in and smashes him exactly where he's aiming. I don't see how the "shoulder charge issue" even comes into it. It's just a high shot, and a bad one at that.

this ^

Glen

Bench
At the end of the day he smashed him in the head and deserves a couple of weeks. Not because we should worry about what the Mum's are going to think and not because the shoulder charge has got to go. Just because HE SMASHED HIM IN THE HEAD

The NRL really needs to have a firmer position on these tackles though

bonestorm

Juniors
Three times worse than Pritchard? I don't think so. Especially since Teo has a clean record, it seems harsh.

AuDragon

Juniors
Teo's front foot is firmly planted at the moment of impact. It's after the hit that Te'o lifts. 2 different perspectives of the moment of impact:

Teo%20hit%201.JPG

Teo%20hit%202.JPG

Also consistent with physics rules, because if Te'o's feet were in the air at the moment of impact, he would have been propelled back by the force resulting from both players colliding!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Should get a downgrade, whether he gets off that is another issue. I would be happy with 1 week but 3 is ridiculous especially when the Tiger marshmallow was at fault as well.

Bretto

Bench
From those still shots you can clearly see Te'o has gone in for a shoulder charge inline with Groats' shoulder/chest. Groat has ducked down at the last second and that's why contact has been made with the head.

That Karmichael Hunt one was 10 times worse, but the same thing happened. He set himself for a shoulder charge on Anastas chest, but Anasta fell into his shoulder with his head.

Same thing with the Pritchard one. Guy fell into Franks shoulder.

Soon we're gonna have guys just falling into tackles to get the penalty (and the concussion lol).

Fair dinkum. It was high, yes. A week? Maybe. 3? Please.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Can anyone remember if Frank Pritchard got any suspension for his shoulder charge on Karmichael Hunt in the '05 or '06 ANZAC test? He knocked Hunt out cold and he had to be taken off on a stretcher, but I can't remember if Pritchard did any time for the tackle. Very similar scenario to Friday night.

Re - Teo's hit on Groat:

Did it deserve suspension? Probably.

3-4 weeks on the sidelines? No f**king way.