What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Barba

carcharias

Immortal
I wasn't even thinking about him.
It just came out, like when you accidently call your wife your ex girlfriends name.

ghoti

Bench
Ben Barba's signing has been very detrimental to my relationship. Last night, was pretending to listen to a pretty long story about girlfriend's work day and then when she paused, starting talking about which side of the field Barba would stick to since he was used to the left at the Broncs, but Robbo takes the left with us.

Not exactly an isolated incident.

Maccas4177

Juniors
this is not a lie .

Last night I got into bed after bogan hunters uncut in the loungeroom( she won't let me watch that in bed) .
I lent over gave her a kiss and said "goodnight barb" ...she said what did you call me?
..."babe!... I said babe!" .

Lucky it wasn't Thursday night.

I know what you mean. I went to say good night to the missus last night and accidentally said "you've ruined my life, you f^&kin b!tch!"

carcharias

Immortal
Ben Barba's signing has been very detrimental to my relationship. Last night, was pretending to listen to a pretty long story about girlfriend's work day and then when she paused, starting talking about which side of the field Barba would stick to since he was used to the left at the Broncs, but Robbo takes the left with us.

Not exactly an isolated incident.

they're ALL pretty long...and usually very boring involving people you don't know and subjects you know nothing about.

Quigs

Immortal
Got to love the off season.

It just brings out the best in us all and units us in on ongoing crusade.

The off season, it tears away our flimsy exteriors and rips us back to nothing but bare bones.

Eventually revealling to all our basic animal instincts.

Card Shark

Immortal
this is not a lie .

Last night I got into bed after bogan hunters uncut in the loungeroom( she won't let me watch that in bed) .
I lent over gave her a kiss and said "goodnight barb" ...she said what did you call me?
..."babe!... I said babe!" .

Lucky it wasn't Thursday night.

You sure it wasn't Barbara you said said, you old sheep shagger you!!

chewsta

First Grade
So who would you guys have in the 7? We know the odds are against a Barba/Brown Combo and its looking like Stanley has signed with us. Is Stanley good enough to push Robbo out of the 7?

I've never really watched Stanley play so am curious as to what you all think.

island pro

Juniors
I think Stanley and Barba could be a bit of a circus. I haven't seen enough from him for him to push Robbo out. Maybe in time but not at first. If it was someone else at 5/8 then maybe, but we don't need two rocks or diamonds blokes controlling the game at once. Just my opinion. Robbo still has plenty to offer if the flair can be provided by the bloke outside him.

The question will be as well if we sign Stanley, we may have to release Robson, only so many spots on the roster, it would also give Robson time to go to ESL where he has been linked before

Craigshark

First Grade
Robson has to start as Halfback.. Sure he isn't the greatest, but he has a calming influence and is good in defence.

Brown can come off the bench as a utility in 14. I'm sure he'll be happy to do that for a year and learn NRL. He was a better hooker in the lower grades anyway.

I'd go with..

Gordon
Holmes
Feki
Leutele
Gagan
Barba
Robson

I reckon Flanno will leave Feki on the wing, start Ayshford or Beale in the centres and leave Holmes in reserves though.

ghoti

Bench
Kyle Stanley has been junk for Samoa... wouldn't be counting on him. Seemed to struggle to make any decision, let alone a good one and was regularly lost. He'd be a lot better in a squad he's had time to train with (and Samoa had f**k all structure) but you'd have to imagine he'd be turning out for the Jets more often than not.

Robson for 7 easily

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I just can't see where all this love for Robson is coming from?

Sure he can tackle but he can't pass, he can't kick and he has little play making abilities.

If you ask me that doesn't warrant a start at halfback