What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji: try being loyal to your sport

beave

Coach
Gordon Tallis, such a straight shooter and a man of integrity.

He would never break a contract..................

thorson1987

Coach
He's won 1 premiership and Captained his country to victory in a world cup. Is there a Storm player that has achieved more??

Now lets see.

As captain smith has won,

- Minor Premiership
- Premiership
- 4 Nations
- back to back State of Origins
- World Club Challenge.

Yeah pretty sure smiths resume is a hell of a lot better then Benchies.

super_coach

First Grade
Much to my surprise the garden trellis summed it up in a nut shell. I dont know who is advising Benji, but they have shafted him big time.How could any player who is playing busted knock back two million dollars,madness is a word that comes to mind

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Much to my surprise the garden trellis summed it up in a nut shell. I dont know who is advising Benji, but they have shafted him big time.How could any player who is playing busted knock back two million dollars,madness is a word that comes to mind

Ego is another one. And Karma. Yeah. So is Karma.

bellyache

Bench
Now lets see.

As captain smith has won,

- Minor Premiership
- Premiership
- 4 Nations
- back to back State of Origins
- World Club Challenge.

Yeah pretty sure smiths resume is a hell of a lot better then Benchies.
:lol: WCC and 4 nations got nothin an the world cup, Benji's loyalty for NZ keeps Cronk in the # 7 for QLD and a minor prem over the cap don/t count.. So Benji has a world cup and a premiership!!!!! and Smith is still catching up..
:lol::lol:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
:lol: WCC and 4 nations got nothin an the world cup, Benji's loyalty for NZ keeps Cronk in the # 7 for QLD and a minor prem over the cap don/t count.. So Benji has a world cup and a premiership!!!!! and Smith is still catching up..
:lol::lol:

The Weird merkin is strong in this one.

Springs

First Grade
He's not loyal at all. Leaving the club, leaving his teammates, leaving his fans and leaving the sport that gave him everything he has. That's the opposite of loyalty. It's good that he's honest, but he ain't loyal.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Benji is a spoilt child too accustomed to getting his own way under Sheens.
Potter put him in his place and he doesn't like it.
So he chucks a typical Benji tantrum and walks out on his contract two years early.

His "Legacy", if you could call it that, is that he is a typical Gen Y fuggwit.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
He's not loyal at all. Leaving the club, leaving his teammates, leaving his fans and leaving the sport that gave him everything he has. That's the opposite of loyalty. It's good that he's honest, but he ain't loyal.

So...what do you call loyal?
11 years going out and playing, putting your body on the line (regardless of whether you play good or not this is what they do), wanting your payday like every other professional sports person and wanting it from the same club you grew up as a player with? not wanting to play against that same club? is that not being loyal? Benji may have been playing shite for a while, he may be a spoilt brat & it is probably his time to go but how do you call it being disloyal? Oh yeah, in some people's world (not the real one) players will play for nothing just to play the game for the fans...
What I think about Benji is how he inspired a whole generation of kids with his flair, his stepping, and the magic he brought to league for a while. Yes, he's older and slower & the game may have gone past him but don't underestimate his influence on all those players coming through now. There's certainly more kiwis playing league today because of him.
I wish him well in his future...people should do the same and move on