What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji: try being loyal to your sport

hutch

First Grade
As for our game losing players frequently. Well the only two players I can think of that we have lost are Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau.

Craig wing is another. Plus there has been quite a few players in England over the last few years. One is too many, but our big name players affects us more.

Do the Sharkies want another Tiger? If you want we can take Carney off your hands to free up some cap space and a starting spot for him.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Honestly, the club is better off. They have young halves coming through. They can build around that while they are still on low money for a couple of season like Manly did with Foran and DCE/Hodgkinson.

If they offload Blair to some where as well, they could well be top 8 next season with some good recruitment. Assuming they actually have the $ to spend.

I think Benji hasn't been given great advise. His wage would likely increase or at least remain the same after 2 further years as the salary cap will increase. I can't imagine Rugby will pay as much as he thinks. Yes he can do Japan as well, but I doubt his body will stand up to too much work.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Look for him to sulk his way through the next couple of weeks and be released to partner Sowie in the halves at London for the rest of the year.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I thought the tigers were very loyal to Marshall, especially when they were paying him big dollars to sit on the sideline with repeated shoulder injuries. I would have thought that it would have been nice for Marshall to repay the favour later in his career.

axl rose

Bench
Was a real live wire in his younger days. Looks painfully slow these days. Pace and side step has long deserted him. Good luck in Union, no-one will notice.

super_coach

First Grade
the time was right for both parties to go off in different directions. I was very suprised as I could not see any other team paying Benji much more than the offer we tabled,but really with the Weststigers trying to reinvent themself and walk away from the Sheens years it is a good result. For Benji, he needs a new challenge and I just cant see him ever dominating a game in the NRL,so Rugby might be a good life line.

I have been a harsh critic of Benji over the past 18months,but I will never forget what he has done for the tigers

Meth

Staff member
This is professional sports though, isn't it?

Loyalty is dead. We treat the players like cattle. The game is their profession, so they are going to act to make as much money as they possibly can, while they can.

Don't hate the player, hate the game

Stagger eel

Staff member
This is professional sports though, isn't it?

Loyalty is dead. We treat the players like cattle. The game is their profession, so they are going to act to make as much money as they possibly can, while they can.

Don't hate the player, hate the game

What??... The player was tied up until the end of 2015 anyway and on good money...

macnaz

Staff member
This isnt about money.. he got an upgrade on his existing contract , its about getting more than Farrah and a cotract extension. His mananger has stated he will leave and get less so its just about his selfish ego and not getting what he wants. He was once a hero but ive lost all respect for him , so much so I will not be attending any so called fairwell games in his honour.

Card Shark

Immortal
Geez you're harsh.

The Tigers reneged on a 2 year extension that is costing him at least $1.2M. No wonder things have turned pear shaped.

They've also put a crap forward pack around him that does nothing to help him weave his magic.

You are a fool!!

skeepe

Immortal
He dominanted the fight for 10 rounds and that was with barely any training.
Botha got a lucky shot on SBW in the 10th and he was a little dazed but he was no chance of getting koed.

The fight was always a 10 round fight, that was a fox f**kup.

:lol:

Fox, Botha, the referee, the announcer, some of the judges, the bookies and even SBW himself in every single interview before the fight, they all thought it was going to be 12 rounds some f**k up huh?

Back to Marshall, I think the big question is what the f**k was he doing going to Bali for a holiday in the middle of the season?

Diesel

Referee
Not knowing the full story however from an ex club and international captain its a bad look to throw it away for more money