What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji: try being loyal to your sport

Geez you're harsh.

The Tigers reneged on a 2 year extension that is costing him at least $1.2M. No wonder things have turned pear shaped.

They've also put a crap forward pack around him that does nothing to help him weave his magic.

You are a fool!!

Correct.

He also has not had a halfback worth three pinches of yak crap since Prince left.

A dominant and creative halfback was the piece in the puzzle the Tigers could never fill.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Geez you're harsh.

The Tigers reneged on a 2 year extension that is costing him at least $1.2M. No wonder things have turned pear shaped.

They've also put a crap forward pack around him that does nothing to help him weave his magic.

You are a fool!!

Benji would be getting that money for the next two years if he didn't quit.

benji was demanding a lot more then 1.2 million and do you think benji is worth even half that amount of money? not in his current form and he will get worse by 2016.

macavity

Referee
A dominant and creative halfback was the piece in the puzzle the Tigers could never fill.

Doesn't that hold true for pretty much every team? The Storm and Eagles would have to be the only teams in the comp that couldn't use an upgrade at 7... Geez we are in a dark era for halfbacks...

Edit add Souths. Not that he would have been better than average 15 years ago...

Cuppy

Juniors
If Benji jumps ship to Union his TV career should jump ship with him.

Channel 9 will probably welcome him back with open arms though.

Sleep

Juniors
I can't remember the last time Benji had a decent game. I've always thought he was overrated and this season and the one prior he's been average at best.

This move is best for the Tigers and for him. They get to move on and will be better for it. He isn't worth anywhere close to the money he was asking for. I wouldn't take him at my club for half that.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah I think he's never lived up to his hype, certainly not the amount he was asking.
Off to rugby.

macnaz

Staff member
Geez you're harsh.

You are a fool!!

When and how did they reneg ?? He had a clause in his current contract to renegotiate his salary should the cap increase ( which the club has done ) the contract extension was NOT part of that clause but something the old CEO etc were considering reveiwing while in negotiations !! There was nothing formally promised and also nothing in writing .

Last edited:

Juju

Juniors
Benji overrated... please... Premiership, World Cup, Four Nations.
Can't get much more decorated than that as a Kiwi.

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
I'd disagree that he's not capable of taking on the line any more. I'd say he looks more like he simply doesn't want to, and to an extent I can understand it because the rest of the team is so poor. Against the Broncos recently he caught and passed virtually the whole game. On the few occasions he started to move with the ball - laterally at least - the defence started to open up gaps around him. At no stage did he even attempt to go for a gap/commit defenders by taking the hit.

Regardless of his form, in a marketing sense he'll be a real loss to RL. He's showing no loyalty to the code which has made him relatively rich, and if he leaves before the RLWC, he'll also show he couldn't give a toss about the Kiwis either. As an RL fan I don't buy this 'he's doing best for his family/owes the game nothing' stuff - such a star player leaving will damage our game. Especially if he joins an Australian RU franchise.

natheel

Coach

All happened 5 or more years ago...is really struggling now. Not worth the money he is reportedly asking for

God-King Dean

Immortal
All this 'marketing loss' is bullshit.

Are NZer's suddenly not gonna care about the WC?

'The kids love Benji!' They do?

You go to any local park, & you'll see kids by themselves, kicking a footy around yelling 'MALONEY!', while cooking a sausage on those public BBQs.

aqua_duck

Coach

And gets brushed off by a rampaging Scott Prince 10m out from the try line.....
The bloke is done, lost his running game, that was painfully obvious in the all stars game when he took an intercept and got mowed down by Jack Wighton within 35m. He's now nothing more than a kicker and passer and both those facets of his game are average at best, don't even get me started on his defence, makes Sandow look like Trevor Gillemeister

God-King Dean

Immortal
Nathan Fien: 250+ games, Origin, Premiership, WCC, World Cup.

The difference between the 2 is Fien isn't as talented, & Marshall has a softer c**k.

chrisD

Coach
He's a princess but the talent is still there if a team could be bothered to get him into the right frame of mind.

ek999

First Grade
origin?:?

2001 - before he "qualified" as a Kiwi through his grandmother who turned out to be his great-grandmother.

Lying about your eligibility. Must be where GI got his idea from.

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
Nah mate, just desperation to be part of the mighty QLD machine. Jamie Lyon did the same thing with NSW.... Oh wait, his was desperation to not play

Latest posts