What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji

Ads

First Grade
Play Marshall and Carney in the halves, playing either side. Robbo in the middle at hooker directing. Then it doesn't really matter what number Carney and Marshall have on their backs.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can't have Robson off the field and Morris provides good service from dummy half. benji needs space, moreso now that the game is faster, having him at third receiver at centre would give him plenty of room and space.

Any closer and he'll be like Carney, running sideways, creating f**k all.

DJDL

First Grade
You can't have Robson off the field and Morris provides good service from dummy half. benji needs space, moreso now that the game is faster, having him at third receiver at centre would give him plenty of room and space.

Any closer and he'll be like Carney, running sideways, creating f**k all.

Picking up right where he left off....

The one thing you can guarantee is that if a forward makes half a break or can offload Benji will be there, have him trail Taga he will pop him a pass with gaps galore.

This is were the positive in being last in the comp we can take risks we need to see what happens.

If we signing Benji & Ennis might be time to shop some players around see if can offload those who are basically taking cap space up which can be used for some younger guys

Poss

Juniors
Benji Marshalls manager Martin Tauber has told Fox Sports News that he will sign with the Cronulla Sharks within 24 hours.

cheese

Bench
Centre is an awful idea... He'd get run over & it totally negates one of his biggest strengths and thats the long ball. Plus he floats and steps, he's a not an out & out hole hole runner. And there's no way there's more space out wide, as your choked by the sideline. Your step becomes more predictable as you'll usually cut inside

I have man love for jeff robson, but he can't dominate a side like benji can on his day

Robson could join the hooker rotation for the rest of the year, before being a full time 9 next season. it suits his strengths perfectly. Sound passing & kicking game & probably the best in our club at short darting runs. Not to forget, the dude is a beast defensively.

I saw Carney having coffee with his manager last week in gymea & it made me nervous ...forcing him out of the halves would be risky, as he would no doubt see it as a demotion plus it would further hurt any SOO aspirations he no doubt has.

..some time next year

1. Val
7. Carney/**
6. Marshall/**
9. Robson

...*splooge*

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
It's down to Cronulla or Melbourne.

He and his wife want to stay in Sydney, but the sticking point for us is how much money he will request in the future, not just this year.

Also, Daniel Mortimer played 5/8 for the Eels, Robson was half back.

Robson played hooker for us in the lower grades until he got called into first grade.
Thought you said Benji wouldnt be a Shark?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Picking up right where he left off....

exactly!

Sharks have to start running more from dummy half. The top teams this year are making big metres from dummy half.

The Tigers have made over 200m from dummy half runs a few times this year, as have the Dragons.

Sharks are struggling to reach 100m gained from dummy half runs.

This is what allows forwards to get momentum and get on top of oppsoition packs. The Tigers had no right, on paper, to dominate Souths and Manly's packs, but they did it.

Tayjack

Juniors
What to do with him????? I wouldn't be upsetting Robson that's for sure. I'd just use him off the bench as a utility and a halves back up, be odds on that carney or Robson will be spending time on the sidelines at some point.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Benji Marshalls manager Martin Tauber has told Fox Sports News that he will sign with the Cronulla Sharks within 24 hours.

There is another club that is interested & its not Melbourne. In fact, every club has made enquiries.

The Titans are still in it, Broncos having a late crack too.
Dark horse could be Manly if they lose Hiku, who hasnt signed, despite what is written.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Yes - it was mentioned very early into the season that this year wi be won on DH runs.
It's proving correct.
Which is why Lichaa is a big loss.
Any team with a speedy evasive hooker is going to reap the rewards

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Centre is an awful idea... He'd get run over & it totally negates one of his biggest strengths and thats the long ball. Plus he floats and steps, he's a not an out & out hole hole runner. And there's no way there's more space out wide, as your choked by the sideline. Your step becomes more predictable as you'll usually cut inside

I have man love for jeff robson, but he can't dominate a side like benji can on his day

Robson could join the hooker rotation for the rest of the year, before being a full time 9 next season. it suits his strengths perfectly. Sound passing & kicking game & probably the best in our club at short darting runs. Not to forget, the dude is a beast defensively.

I saw Carney having coffee with his manager last week in gymea & it made me nervous ...forcing him out of the halves would be risky, as he would no doubt see it as a demotion plus it would further hurt any SOO aspirations he no doubt has.

..some time next year

1. Val
7. Carney/**
6. Marshall/**
9. Robson

...*splooge*
Carney and Marshall are not even half as good at organising the side and plays as Robson is.

That is a clear and obvious fact.

Everyone has seen the improvement in the Sharks structure and attack since Robson returned.

Sharks with Robson this year - 3 games for 59 points
Sharks without Robson this year - 4 games for 28 points

Until you find a better or equal halfback to Robson, there's no way in the world should it even be considered that he is moved to hooker, or a part time role.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Benji to right centre with Taga inside him.
Robson on the left Carney to pop up wherever he wants - predominately right hand side

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes - it was mentioned very early into the season that this year wi be won on DH runs.
It's proving correct.
Which is why Lichaa is a big loss.
Any team with a speedy evasive hooker is going to reap the rewards

Morris is dependable rake, but he's not quick enough.

It's time for the sharks to try new things, nothing to lose.

I'd rest Morris for a few weeks, and start with Lichaa and have Politoni on the bench.

Take Lichha off after 25 mins, bring on Politoni, bring Lichha back on for the last 20 mins

Speed and creativity from DH could spark the forwards into getting a roll on which Carney would dominate from.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Benji to right centre with Taga inside him.
Robson on the left Carney to pop up wherever he wants - predominately right hand side
this would work best. I'd sit Carney between Taga and Gibbs.

Two strong defenders either side of him, he won't be a target then

DJShaksta

First Grade
Morris is dependable rake, but he's not quick enough.

It's time for the sharks to try new things, nothing to lose.

I'd rest Morris for a few weeks, and start with Lichaa and have Politoni on the bench.

Take Lichha off after 25 mins, bring on Politoni, bring Lichha back on for the last 20 mins

Speed and creativity from DH could spark the forwards into getting a roll on which Carney would dominate from.

Exactly right about Morris. I love the guy but he's lost his foot speed.

DJShaksta

First Grade
this would work best. I'd sit Carney between Taga and Gibbs.

Two strong defenders either side of him, he won't be a target then

Yep, the less tackles he has to make the better.
And defending with strong defenders will mean less decisions for him to make in defense.

Latest posts