What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Nothing low key about it at all. He met the Flan & agreed weeks ago.
At least 3 current players are gone years end or sooner. Shame because I liked 2 of them.
Marshall will be playing fullback for us.
The thorn in the side is lower tier player trade deals & late offers coming in now everybody knows it is serious.

Where they talked about the weather and the Sharks was never brought up, right?

webShark

Where they talked about the weather and the Sharks was never brought up, right?

Who talked to Ennis then? Seems strange Dogs would release their captain unless they are massively confident in Lichaa.

Can't deny Benji would be interesting to watch but could be Eric Grothe revisited.

cb4

First Grade
Who talked to Ennis then? Seems strange Dogs would release their captain unless they are massively confident in Lichaa.

Can't deny Benji would be interesting to watch but could be Eric Grothe revisited.

I have been trying to find this out, but this time of the year, my people are hard to get in constant contact with.

I can tell you Flanno met with the NRL after he re-signed, about what part he can and can't play in recruitment.

I can't tell you the outcome of the situation as I don't know.

I would imagine that there would be strict grounds and guidelines for him, as it would not be fair to not allow him to recruit/retain players that he wants for next year and onwards.

I have also heard that in the mean time there is a recruitment committee set in place to discuss potential recruits, and retention.

Alot of our retention is already done, but because of previous situations that have hurt us, we will not announce anything until it is all NRL rubber stamped.

shadowboxer

First Grade
wasnt Ennis on BSB recently laughing about the move to the sharks?, as if it was already common knowledge - it was a few weeks back

Card Shark

Immortal
wasnt Ennis on BSB recently laughing about the move to the sharks?, as if it was already common knowledge - it was a few weeks back

I've only ever heard him say he is sorting out a new deal with the Dogs.....although he sounds less convincing nowadays.

Card Shark

Immortal
Alot of our retention is already done, but because of previous situations that have hurt us, we will not announce anything until it is all NRL rubber stamped.

In which case, we will not be announcing a Benji signing anytime soon?....unless the deal has been in the pipeline for quite a while?

webShark

I have been trying to find this out, but this time of the year, my people are hard to get in constant contact with.

I can tell you Flanno met with the NRL after he re-signed, about what part he can and can't play in recruitment.

I can't tell you the outcome of the situation as I don't know.

I would imagine that there would be strict grounds and guidelines for him, as it would not be fair to not allow him to recruit/retain players that he wants for next year and onwards.

I have also heard that in the mean time there is a recruitment committee set in place to discuss potential recruits, and retention.

Thanks CB. As we could predict , the Flanno role is a sham. He talks to Sharpy who represents him on the 'committee'

This current scenario got me beat. Always wanted more flair and now we may have an over the hill flair genius. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. On Ennis, half the forum are likely to be wrong too. I cant stand him, but accept he can play. For the record, I think Lichaa overrated but would have kept him. If Hasler puts all his hooking options into Lichaa he must really rate him. My long shot guess is Moses Mbye into the halves and Reynolds to Hooker with Lichaa on the bench. Can't believe the Dogs would put such massive faith in Lichaa , who had played zero first grade games when recruited.

The big positive for me is the club's acceptance we need more flair and speed. Plus it could spell Reggies for Ayshford.

Benji and TC in the halves would be so un-Flanno/Sharp like I cant believe it could happen. Wake me up.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I'm all for it after mulling it over.

Be like having Tommy B back in. A Sharks playmaker with sleight of hand, guile and trick shots.

Waits for Quigs

southland

Juniors
According to ABC Grandstand: Cronulla continue to assert that they have not had any discussions with Marshall or his management, while McFadden says of the code-hopper: "He's a high quality player but he's probably not what we need right now.

"We've got our own things to work on and although it's disappointing for Benji for sure, I think he'll find somewhere to go. But at this stage we've got other things to focus on."

You guys saying Benji adds brilliant attacking flair should keep in mind he has offered nothing since early 2012.

Would be excited to see him sign but he has shit loads to prove...

Latest posts