What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji

chewsta

First Grade
Ridiculous dropping Feki, he has been our best back all year. And one of the best in the team every game.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Sorry btr but if Feki is less of a player than Wright cause he wont jump... then someone has lost the plot.
Wright crabs sideways, doesnt run hard at opposition players, no speed, doesnt back up, blocks attacking players by getting in the way of our fullback jumping for the ball. Splitting up Feki & Loot's would be akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Is it just me?? Am I not seeing something others are??

Wright seems disinterested, heartless, not willing to do the 1 percents & overall is just plain ordinary for a NRL player.
I cant see what you are seeing.At all. Whilst I agree he is not playing well, the things he does for the team are more important. Face reality, the majority of tries these days are cheap trys off corner kicks. We have had 1 guy all year who has taken advantage of that & he is in NSW cup. Jono at least has a crack & contests in the air. without him, we have nobody.
1%'ers like taking the ball on hitups 1 & 2 matter. Both do it. 1 %'ers like quick taps etc. Did Feki put his hand up to deliver the ball to Jono. No he didn't.
Jono will play his way back into form & I wouldntbe surprised to see him back in the centres anyway, leaving a space for Feki. But Lootv needs to do a lot more to hold his spot.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
I cant see what you are seeing.At all. Whilst I agree he is not playing well, the things he does for the team are more important. Face reality, the majority of tries these days are cheap trys off corner kicks. We have had 1 guy all year who has taken advantage of that & he is in NSW cup. Jono at least has a crack & contests in the air. without him, we have nobody.
1%'ers like taking the ball on hitups 1 & 2 matter. Both do it. 1 %'ers like quick taps etc. Did Feki put his hand up to deliver the ball to Jono. No he didn't.
Jono will play his way back into form & I wouldntbe surprised to see him back in the centres anyway, leaving a space for Feki. But Lootv needs to do a lot more to hold his spot.

Sorry, dont see it & I kinda think its rich to say Lootes needs to do more to hold his spot with Ayshford & Wright in our team.
Cronullafied...dump the performing players for average, non performers.

Exactly what is Wright doing for the team that Feki or Lootes isnt? Besides jumping.

Ads

First Grade
Wright's only chance of staying in the team is at centre. Ryan will take his spot on the wing. If benji plays fullback then Gordon will be moved to either right centre or wing, Wright will need to be on fire to stay in the team. Cant see them dropping Feki and Luetele.

Your Television must have rooted reception, that's all I can come up with!
Feki and Leutele are our best centre wing combo in the Club ATM!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Feki and Leutele are our best centre wing combo in the Club ATM!
Why? Because LooTv scored a good try? Stapo scored 4. In one day. 2 from cross kick bombs.
Just because they are showing up to be good statistically in defines, does it mean they are going good. The opposition is leaving them alone to run at Todd.
Our best centres wings at present are this.

1. Aysh
2. Jono
3. Gordon
4. Lootv
5. Feki
6. Stapo
7.Ryan
8.Addo-Carr

Now pick 4 out of that lot that will spark our attack. Feki aint in it.

ghoti

Bench
What the hell are you seeing that no one else is reef? Leutele has been defensively infallible, as has Feki when on the left wing. Leutele has been making BIG meters on every touch and both he and Feks do the hard work in our red zone. Only thing is that Leutele needs to work on his ball playing, struggles a bit with draw and pass but showed in Feki's try last week that he's not incapable of it.

Feki hasn't been going for many high balls because few (if any from memory) high balls have gone to the left, this year or the last...both Robson and Carney appear to prefer to kick to the right corner. (I'm sure you'll say that this is coached because Feki is bad under the high ball, but I think it's the kicker's preference that dictates this.)

I like Wright at his best, but he's not in the sort of form to force either of Feki or Leutele out of their positions.

chewsta

First Grade
Feki showed great pace from Jonno's quick tap, to get his try.
His runs are more damaging than Jonno's, his defence is rock solid as is Leutele. Feki can catch the ball Jonno has tennis racket hands.
Ayshford has been very dissappointing, I expected a lot more from him.
As has been said in another thread, Feki and Leutele are playing as though they are the blokes with the most experience. I dont even remember Ayshford taking a hitup from DH or one out from a play the ball?

Snoop Shark

First Grade
It's the old "against the grain" argument.

Reefy has been doing it for years.

Daniel Dumas, Ryan Mcgoldrick, Dustin Cooper just to name a few. It makes for good entertainment nonetheless

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Feki or Leautele have not created anything by themselves. Neither are first to the kick chase, which is the number 1 KPI for our backs. Their defense is not tested enough because the opposition target the other side where Todd is. Im not bagging these guys as I really like them.
But IMO Jono & Aysh offer a lot more & will show this when our side is going better.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Back on Benji...If we sign him, I just hope that its not another Tim Smith debacle. Not attempting to compare the two just hoping its not a failure.
It would be great if we signed a player who sparked the team into action instead of signing a guy who showed...once upon a time...skill and/or potential.

carcharias

Immortal
Back on Benji...If we sign him, I just hope that its not another Tim Smith debacle. Not attempting to compare the two just hoping its not a failure.
It would be great if we signed a player who sparked the team into action instead of signing a guy who showed...once upon a time...skill and/or potential.

Darren says Albert G'day.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

Think Benji would have something to prove wherever he ends up. Think his ego copped a pounding with his failure at Union and would be out to prove he's not a has-been. Won't guarantee us success every time he plays but at least we'll be more entertaining to watch.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Feki or Leautele have not created anything by themselves. Neither are first to the kick chase, which is the number 1 KPI for our backs. Their defense is not tested enough because the opposition target the other side where Todd is. Im not bagging these guys as I really like them.
But IMO Jono & Aysh offer a lot more & will show this when our side is going better.
I must have been watching a different game to you reef when I saw loots beat 3 or 4 incl. SBW for a great individual try. Was also his in and away that created Feki's try together with quick thinking by Jono. Still learning the trade attack wise but his defence is practically faultless imo .

webShark

Why? Because LooTv scored a good try? Stapo scored 4. In one day. 2 from cross kick bombs.
Just because they are showing up to be good statistically in defines, does it mean they are going good. The opposition is leaving them alone to run at Todd.
Our best centres wings at present are this.

1. Aysh
2. Jono
3. Gordon
4. Lootv
5. Feki
6. Stapo
7.Ryan
8.Addo-Carr

Now pick 4 out of that lot that will spark our attack. Feki aint in it.

Like many others I pick Gordon,Lootv,Feki and Ryan. Not much chop I agree. You selected Addo-Carr over Holmes? Why? Because he came through our juniors unlike Addo-Carr. Addo-Carr was poor last week. What have you seen of Addo-Carr? I too am no fan of Feki's but more so than Ayshford. Ayshford bought into Gall Towers so he won't be leaving.

By the way , why the Sopoanga dislike in another thread? You loved him last year. He can watch Peach when he has finished playing Reggies.

You must laugh at all the responses you get to your crap. I am as guilty as the rest. Centre not your best topic. Remember Inu? Where is he now? Dogs kept Mitch Brown over Jono. Granted Jono not as bad as some suggest but Ayshford is.

The 20s is glorified Oz Tag. Ayshford and Jono would not star as they are slow. All the guns are normally speedsters.

To think I used to bag the Limmo. All I wanted was an upgrade.

Last edited: