What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Who said I dislike Sopoaga, Feki or Lootv. Im proba all of those guys biggest fan. However, SOP had soem really bad defenisve reads & he needs to sort them out & get 80 minute NRL fit to be back in grade.
He would be ahead of Peachy in our reserve grade team though.

webShark

He would be ahead of Peachy in our reserve grade team though.
Only if you were coach and your not.

So why Addo-Carr in your list and not Holmes?

You may be a fan of Lootv and Feki but you are about the only fan of both Jono and Ayshford. Cant drop Ayshford as probably get no game if Travis Robinson and Mahe Fonua available. Ayshford epitomises all that is a Cronulla back. Useless, slow, soft and non try scorer

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Only if you were coach and your not.

So why Addo-Carr in your list and not Holmes?

You may be a fan of Lootv and Feki but you are about the only fan of both Jono and Ayshford. Cant drop Ayshford as probably get no game if Travis Robinson and Mahe Fonua available. Ayshford epitomises all that is a Cronulla back. Useless, slow, soft and non try scorer

Reefy doesn't like/rate Val as I've talked him up.

He will never admit that but it's a given.

News just in that Madge has dropped merrit, could you imagine the sharks doing anything like this?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
And GArdz has match stick legs , arms like a snake & a pirates dream. But he plays like he is ready for first grade. IMO the 2 games ive seen of Addo hes more ready & he is fuccjjken fast.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Storm claim they are out of the race...Benji wants to stay in Sydney.
Buuuuuut Bellamy hasnt even spoken to Benji.

Amazing that the only talking is being done by fans.

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy would love to have Benji Marshall but believes he's intent on playing with a Sydney NRL side.
Aiming to returning to the NRL after a failed stint in rugby union, Marshall has been linked with both Cronulla and Melbourne after securing a release from his Auckland Blues contract.
The former Wests Tigers ace would be a valuable acquisition for Melbourne, especially after losing five eighth Gareth Widdop in the off-season and with the State of Origin period looming when the club is always hard hit with star trio Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater away on representative duty.
However Bellamy didn't feel his team were any chance of signing the New Zealand international.
"As far as I know the club hasn't spoken to Benji," Bellamy said on Thursday.
"Any team would love him as a player in their club but I don't think there's any use in us going any further because the word that keeps coming up when he gets asked is Sydney.
"That's where his roots lie and that's probably where he'll end up."
Bellamy believed the 29-year-old would have no trouble transitioning straight back into league and felt the short stint away from the game could be the best thing for him.
"The last couple of years in the NRL Benji might have been getting a little bit stale; that happens to players because he's been playing first grade a long time.
"What's happened is probably a good thing for him.
"He's probably got his hunger back now and whatever club gets him he'll be very, very handy."

webShark

And GArdz has match stick legs , arms like a snake & a pirates dream. But he plays like he is ready for first grade. IMO the 2 games ive seen of Addo hes more ready & he is fuccjjken fast.

Last week's 20s game v Roosters neither Addo-Carr nor Holmes looked ready. The Roosters FB looked good. For us , I thought Brown was reasonable at HB. Jackson Hastings outplayed him though and for me was the best prospect.

Not mentioned much but I quite rate Kurt Dillon at prop.

Maccas4177

Juniors
Last week's 20s game v Roosters neither Addo-Carr nor Holmes looked ready. The Roosters FB looked good. For us , I thought Brown was reasonable at HB. Jackson Hastings outplayed him though and for me was the best prospect.

Not mentioned much but I quite rate Kurt Dillon at prop.

The Roosters fullback looked about 7 foot tall. Every run in the second half looked dangerous. Scored 1 good try that I saw and absolutely butchered another by not passing when he should have.
There was another guy in the Roosters U20's that looked bigger than SBW

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Plenty have said they have fears for Toddy if we jag Benji. I think toddy may benefit from having a second genuine playmaker in the team. Most of the top sides have more than one genuine playmaker. I.e storm ,manly etc.

southland

Juniors
I can see Marshall at the sharks but I can't for the life of me see Sharpy coaching Marshall...

doesn't add up?

Weaponhead

Coach
Marshall is playing for his legacy so he should be very motivated. Clearly the last couple of years at the Tigs weren't great and he failed in Auckland.

This is his last chance to cement his standing as a top line player.

I agree that it should be good for Carney. He won't be solely responsible for creating. He can pick his marks and play with more freedom.

I would like to see them passing to each other and floating rather than being fixed to either side. If they play together then they can lift the tempo. It will be interesting to see if Sharp can shift the game plan to get the most out of both Marshall and Carney. We need to be playing fast with offloads to create space. If we get it right it could be very exciting to watch.

chewsta

First Grade
Seeing a lot of posts in here and a whole thread in the NRL section about something that's happenning with Toddy at the moment and the club is working with him etc.
What is going on with him? I think I'm the only person in here that has no idea what anybody is secret squirrelling about, on TC.. Please tell me it's not bad news guys.

carinashark

First Grade
Shift the game plan! The game plan is already shi$. Oh GAME plan , sorry. Game plan ho,ha,ha. And we can afford Benji?

chewsta

First Grade
ahhhh rightio. cheers Angry.
far out you would think the only girl troubles he would have is which one he is gonna pot that night.