What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji

Card Shark

Immortal
Robson comes back into the halves & we finally look like a footy team.

How do we reward him....shaft him out of the halves??

Cronullified!

Card Shark

Immortal
I'm sick of thinking about "if" Benji comes (all day and Ennis) and have made my decision .. I would prefer we looked at outside backs if we are buyers as we have all been saying for a long long time .. We need 6ft+ tall Islanders or their equivalent on our flanks. Our halves are not broken so why fix them. Nurture the juniors up and give them a taste. Forget the past greats we have enough of them it doesn't work. Youth is very this season old and used to be good is passe.

Well said. He adds to our Dads Army.

Beau said on the news yesterday that he recently made enquiries with Sharks management on behalf of Benji, so something must be going on there. He said he didn't know where it went after that & was in their hands.

Surely Benji wouldn't quit Rugby without having something in the NRL pipeline, despite his words to the contrary yesterday, like he did when he left the Tigers.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's out of position at 7 or 1. His style is more suited to a centre or fullback today.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well said. He adds to our Dads Army.

Beau said on the news yesterday that he recently made enquiries with Sharks management on behalf of Benji, so something must be going on there. He said he didn't know where it went after that & was in their hands.

Surely Benji wouldn't quit Rugby without having something in the NRL pipeline, despite his words to the contrary yesterday, like he did when he left the Tigers.

Benji literally didn't have anything in the pipeline last year other than Tigers. He just tried a bluff which worked for him a few years before. The Tigers caught him out bluffing. His dickhead manager then had to hastily find him a union team to try & keep what little integrity remained.

Benji's manager is the same bloke who created that shit storm over Moltzen's deal with the Dragons.

southland

Juniors
I'm sick of thinking about "if" Benji comes (all day and Ennis) and have made my decision .. I would prefer we looked at outside backs if we are buyers as we have all been saying for a long long time .. We need 6ft+ tall Islanders or their equivalent on our flanks. Our halves are not broken so why fix them. Nurture the juniors up and give them a taste. Forget the past greats we have enough of them it doesn't work. Youth is very this season old and used to be good is passe.

Yep, nailed it.

I keep watching games and hearing the commentators say: "Great game on debut" "The twenty year old debuton has made his markl" etc etc... where are the sharks up and comers? especially at a time when half the team is injured... Instead of building towards a future sharks have gone into panic mode. Feels like Gallen, Carney, Gordon, Lewis all want a premiereship but only have this or maybe next year to take a shot and so the team culture becomes about picking up players past their peak rather than building a team which is young and hungry. Marshall 7 years ago, f**k yes! Marshall 2014 and beyond? Who knows...

carcharias

Immortal
Man there are some people upset about benji coming back.
They won't like the ch 9 wankfest that will probably come with it.
If the SBW show is anything to go by .

People say he has been shit for 2 years.
Yeah shit compared to himself .
Probably on par with a few other top line players in similar positions though.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Yep, nailed it.

I keep watching games and hearing the commentators say: "Great game on debut" "The twenty year old debuton has made his markl" etc etc... where are the sharks up and comers?

Gus & Rabs broke out the lube over Mills first game....does that ease your pain? No...ok.

It would be nice to discover our very own superstar, I just sit here waiting for him to appear....with my own tube of lube...waiting, watching, wishing.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Benji is 6 ft plus. Bigger than he seems on tv. We'd all prefer outside backs but hey they aren't about ATM or they don't want to play for us. This bloke reckons he has his hunger back. Goodo. Toddy seems happy with it. Robbo seems ok, well get some sponsors and it might ignite our season. We will be a much stronger force in a few years as the spondooly rolls in. We are currently in last place. This can't be a bad move even if interim only.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I cannot wait to see marshall playing for us. You just dont lose natural ability & 29 is not old at all.
he is as tough as nails & his early career injuries are testament to that.
We have folded in the last 2 seasons because of injuries to Todd at critical times. Now we have a better fill in ready to go when the inevitiable happens to Todd & then we just slip Gordo back to full back & its all a very happy world.
I have not been this happy since we signed Todd.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I cannot wait to see marshall playing for us. You just dont lose natural ability & 29 is not old at all.
We have folded in the last 2 seasons because of injuries to Todd at critical times. Now we have a better fill in ready to go when the inevitiable happens to Todd & then we just slip Gordo back to full back & its all a very happy world.

Agree with this.... Nothing to lose. Imagine the media frenzy over a clash with the tigers in round 10 not to mention potential sponsorships should he manage to stay on the field. His versatility is a bonus....just a matter of having a big bopper help shield him in defence wherever he plays. Good distraction from a shithouse start to the season and Arseada also.

carcharias

Immortal

Exactamundo.

Probably end up being better than TC.

so wheres everyone playing?

1. Benji/ Mick Gordon
2. Sosaia Feki
3. Mick Gordon/ Benji
4. Ricky Leutelle
5. Beau Ryan
6. Todd Carney
7. Jeff Robson
8. Andrew Fifita
9. John Morris
10. Sam Tagatese
11. Luke Lewis
12. Wade Graham
13. Paul Gallen

14. Anthony Topou
15. Chris Heighington
16. Tianau Arona
17. Isaac Degois

strongest line up possible this year?

shaggs

Coach
Gus & Rabs broke out the lube over Mills first game....does that ease your pain? No...ok.

It would be nice to discover our very own superstar, I just sit here waiting for him to appear....with my own tube of lube...waiting, watching, wishing.

Is sad shark with you??

southland

Juniors
Ha, yep I guess its a commentators job to froth about anything potentially exciting!

Don;t get me wrong I would be excited to See Marshall in the skyblue black and white im just super cautious due to the cronulla signing preference for older players past their prime... Also distressing if the signing were to block pathways for players like Nu Brown....

Anyway whatever it takes to ignite 2014...

vs Tigers

1********* Michael Gordon / Holmes asap
2********* Sosaia Feki
3 * * * * *Jonathon Wright
4********* Ricky Leutele
5********* Beau Ryan
6********* Todd Carney
7********* Benji Marshall
8********* Andrew Fifita
9********* Jeff Robson ?
10******* Sam Tagatese
11******* Paul Gallen (c)
12******* Tinirau Arona
13** Wade Graham (vc)
INTERCHANGE
14******* J Moriss / Lichaa
15******* Bryce Gibbs
16 Chris Heighington
17 Tinirau Arona
18 Sopoaga / Vave

Not sure if Robson would direct the team around the part from hooker but worth a try.

Would Robson be quicker out of dummy half than Morris or De Gois. Persionally I'd rather we play Lichaa but I'm in the minority on that one...

Also prefer Graham as lock rather than Gallen but these days i guess it doesnt really matter..

stevie013

Juniors
Channel 9 would be spewing if he signed with us. They would have to show us a lot more on the footy show, and in every game from rd 21 onwards!