What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announcement today: quitting Knights

doda

Juniors
I hope Bennett does come to the Dragons, on 2MMM they said that Souffs have shown interest as well even though Maguire signed this year for a further 3 years. And the big Dell reckons the Broncos. very exciting.

rainman44

Bench
I hope Bennett does come to the Dragons, on 2MMM they said that Souffs have shown interest as well even though Maguire signed this year for a further 3 years. And the big Dell reckons the Broncos. very exciting.
Well played Dell.

GT0007

Juniors
I wonder what this Titans mid season review is about and why it happened all of a sudden? I think Cartwright is in deep water and the Titans are about to make a play for Bennett and if they fail Henry will be offered the job

The board of the Gold Coast Titans have resolved to immediately commence a complete review of the club’s operations both on and off the field.

The board openly concedes team performance has recently been unsatisfactory despite a tough injury toll in the past three months and this has had an extensive effect on the business as a whole.

It feels a wholesale internal review is necessary so critical decisions can be made on a factual basis rather than implementing a kneejerk short-term response.

The review will start immediately and a report is expected to be presented to the board expediently.

http://www.nrl.com/titans-open-immediate-internal-review/tabid/10874/newsid/80294/default.aspx

BrissyRedV

Bench
You would think that if the Tits are making a play for Bennett, this "internal review" is a farce, and Cartwright would be sacked very shortly. For some reason, I don't think this Bennett saga is going to continue much longer once this week is out of the way.

BennyV

Referee
Indeed, a mid-season review would drag out another week, plua the time it would take to table an offer. Can't see it happening...

Notice how several media sources are now floating stories that contain direct references to funding shortfalls, loans, JV rumblings and the like?
Would these stories have seen the light of day if the Bennett had not been linked to us?
What agenda drives this other than the obvious sales of newspapers?
Could be just our turn to be grist for the mill?

Discuss

BennyV

Referee
I thimk part of it is just looking to sell papers, nothing more. The other part could be certain media wankjobs looking to start fores and destabilize the deal.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Notice how several media sources are now floating stories that contain direct references to funding shortfalls, loans, JV rumblings and the like?
Would these stories have seen the light of day if the Bennett had not been linked to us?
What agenda drives this other than the obvious sales of newspapers?
Could be just our turn to be grist for the mill?

Discuss

They don't like us, they don't like Bennett, they don't like seeing us successful and they are muppets masquerading as journalists/humans.

Oh.....and we don't care what they think :)

GT0007

Juniors
You would think that if the Tits are making a play for Bennett, this "internal review" is a farce, and Cartwright would be sacked very shortly. For some reason, I don't think this Bennett saga is going to continue much longer once this week is out of the way.

That's what I'm suggesting that its a farce and they've decided they need a new coach already. Whether its Bennett or Henry I'm not sure but I have a feeling Bennett's resignation has something to do with the timing here.. They can't be serious with the amount of injuries they've had and losing Jamarl that they are questioning why they are not winning games? However it would be u likely as Bennett doesn't want to rebuild a club from scratch

Indeed, a mid-season review would drag out another week, plua the time it would take to table an offer. Can't see it happening...

I think the offer will be prepared while the farce of a review is being carried out. I don't think it's a farce in terms of not doing it more in terms of knowing the result before it commences with intent

Cagey Mac

Bench
I think that the Bennett saga will continue until the finals makeup is decided.
1. Bennett's value is increased to the club that doesn't make the eight and Brisbane and The Dragons are likely to be mutually exclusive in achieving a finals spot.
2. An announcement of Bennett's new club could be seen to mitigate the performance of the team and the incumbent and give way to a weakening of the case for bringing him to whichever club he chooses.

TheRev

Coach
I think that the Bennett saga will continue until the finals makeup is decided. .

It would be ideal if he waits, for all parties.. But.. He will likely want a big hand in player recruitment, and that will get difficult the longer it plays out, more player managers and players are involved. I'd expect maybe a month to weigh up his decision, talk to players, check contracts etc.

Latest posts