What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announcement today: quitting Knights

BennyV

Referee
I'd love Scott back but he is 30 now so would be playing at 31 next year which would probably be his last season although he is signed to the knights til the end of 2016

Beau Scott would be a killer signing. Even more important if we end up losing Thompson. His aggression, defense and leadership would be invaluable, regardless of his age. On top of that, he is in the form of his life at the moment, wed get a good couple of years out of him and hed be a great influence on the likes of Friz, JDB, Bird, Lolo, Fonua-Blake, and so on...

GT0007

Juniors
Beau Scott would be a killer signing. Even more important if we end up losing Thompson. His aggression, defense and leadership would be invaluable, regardless of his age. On top of that, he is in the form of his life at the moment, wed get a good couple of years out of him and hed be a great influence on the likes of Friz, JDB, Bird, Lolo, Fonua-Blake, and so on...

Oh yeah I agree he would be a killer signing for next year 100% but he is becoming more injury prone and I doubt he will play past 2016 IMO. He is signed to the knights until then anyway. I'd be reserved about letting younger players go to pay him $500K. No way would I let Stockwell go or Thompson go to accomodate. If we can cut some deadwood, get a prop and squeeze the mandatory Darius then sign me up lol

GT0007

Juniors
Bennett will just give us another orgasm and then leave

Love your Nic! I met Shulman when my dad organised us to go into the dressing room before an Amco Cup game. Got to meet most of the team and Billy Smith as well but I do remember Langlands didnt want to talk to any of us kids. Don't blame him now I'm an adult lol

BennyV

Referee
Oh yeah I agree he would be a killer signing for next year 100% but he is becoming more injury prone and I doubt he will play past 2016 IMO. He is signed to the knights until then anyway. I'd be reserved about letting younger players go to pay him $500K. No way would I let Stockwell go or Thompson go to accomodate. If we can cut some deadwood, get a prop and squeeze the mandatory Darius then sign me up lol

And no doubt theres plenty of it. Cut Ah Mau, Harrison, Mataka, and youve got yourself close to enough to cover him.

denis preston

First Grade
Love your Nic! I met Shulman when my dad organised us to go into the dressing room before an Amco Cup game. Got to meet most of the team and Billy Smith as well but I do remember Langlands didnt want to talk to any of us kids. Don't blame him now I'm an adult lol

Langlands was notorious for his nervious dry retching & throwing up before games. He obviously didn't want to bark all over you !

GT0007

Juniors
Langlands was notorious for his nervious dry retching & throwing up before games. He obviously didn't want to bark all over you !

Lol I'm thankful for that. He wouldn't even sign an autograph, had to settle for Henry Tartner lol. As a kid Langlands was my biggest idol. Learnt to step off both feet thanks to him. Shame Benji wasn't playing then lol

GT0007

Juniors
JA rumour thay we are trying to grab him. Likely has a Bennet get-out clause.

I hope so though its not been mentioned as it has like Boyd and he has signed a contract extending past Bennett's so that in itself seems an anomaly

jenninga

First Grade
Lol I'm thankful for that. He wouldn't even sign an autograph, had to settle for Henry Tartner lol. As a kid Langlands was my biggest idol. Learnt to step off both feet thanks to him. Shame Benji wasn't playing then lol

Langlands doesn't talk to his own son ,so I wouldn't worry too much

TheRev

Coach
I hope so though its not been mentioned as it has like Boyd and he has signed a contract extending past Bennett's so that in itself seems an anomaly
Bennett said in his interview that Boyd had a number of get out clauses, i.e. he can really go wherever he wants.

But since Bennett hadnt decided his own future yet, it was pointless to speculate on Boyd's (or so he said anyway!).

GT0007

Juniors
Bennett said in his interview that Boyd had a number of get out clauses, i.e. he can really go wherever he wants.

But since Bennett hadnt decided his own future yet, it was pointless to speculate on Boyd's (or so he said anyway!).

Sorry for the confusion but I was referring to Scott

Last edited:

jenninga

First Grade
Anonymous caller on MMM this morning has confirmed Bennett signing with the Dragons,call was made to producer and not on air.

Como Connection

First Grade
An ex Dragon player from the 70's just rang me to say he had received a sms to the effect the Bennett has signed with the Dragons, FACT, in so much that he passed the message on to me.

GT0007

Juniors
An ex Dragon player from the 70's just rang me to say he had received a sms to the effect the Bennett has signed with the Dragons, FACT, in so much that he passed the message on to me.

I don't doubt u at all Como but how do we know we can trust ur source?

harryzaco

Juniors
keeps escalating :crazy:

I hope a signing doesn't affect the current team dynamic, although Mary gives off a focused attitude to the press.

Latest posts