What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announcement today: quitting Knights

RedVee

First Grade
I don't care much about O'Connor preferring his mate Mary. I care that a director has gone to the press on the subject. Fool? Or provocateur?

Dezziedc

Juniors
Lol, quoting a Tallis comment on Bennett to support an argument.
Tallis has no cred. He is still trying to get the egg off his face after dissuading the Cowboys to secure Bennett because he was 'too old'. Then he signed with us, nek minnit.
He's been death riding Bennett from the time he joined us. Last thing Tallis wants is Bennett here and us tasting more success.
If Tallis wants us to end up with Mary it's almost enough reason on it's own to send Mary packing.
You're riding Mary's wave hard Slippery. Are you a relative, or just a friend?
Let's hope you don't end up with as much egg on your face as Tallis has over Bennett.
Its sort of a magic pudding egg. Every morning when he gets up and looks in the mirror it's still there no matter how much he scrubs.

IMO this is not quoted often enough in this forum.

Elias1983

Coach
I don't care much about O'Connor preferring his mate Mary. I care that a director has gone to the press on the subject. Fool? Or provocateur?

Both..

And a moron!!!

What he did stinks of parra's shambolic board...

It was unprofessional, stupid and quite simply arrogant.

TonyT6

First Grade
Both..

And a moron!!!

What he did stinks of parra's shambolic board...

It was unprofessional, stupid and quite simply arrogant.

I think it's pretty easy to work out who has been leaking to the press about our "financial woes", it certainly helps his agenda.

Browny was man enough to get rid of lance Thompson when he found out he was leaking team news to Weidler, I think Lockwood should do the same.

Elias1983

Coach
I think it's pretty easy to work out who has been leaking to the press about our "financial woes", it certainly helps his agenda.

Browny was man enough to get rid of lance Thompson when he found out he was leaking team news to Weidler, I think Lockwood should do the same.

Won't happen....

It's pissed us fans off but apart from that...

Businees as usual for them...

GT0007

Juniors
lol. Of course. I must be slipping.

For mine, McGregor's greatest legacy was his amazing ability turn his winger into the invisible man. I lost count of the amount of times Tingha was left unmarked and wanting, while jowls ran infield towards the defence.

Blacklock was top try scorer in the NRL 3 years in a row in the years he played with Mcgregor and the first player ever to score more than 20 tries 4yrs in a row and you're using that to have a go at Mcgregor.....seriously?

Mary also played 14 games for the blues......are there any supporters left in this forum?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Blacklock was top try scorer in the NRL 3 years in a row in the years he played with Mcgregor and the first player ever to score more than 20 tries 4yrs in a row and you're using that to have a go at Mcgregor.....seriously?

Mary also played 14 games for the blues......are there any supporters left in this forum?
Tingha's success was not thanks to McGregor.

McGregor and Blacklock would have played about 30 games in the same team. They only played together part time over two seasons. McGregor wasn't there in 1998, he didn't play at all in 2000.* By the time McGregor came to Saints, he was at the backend of his career, his days as a NSW and Aust rep were gone.

I'm well aware of Blacklock's record. I could happily devote an entire book to his greatness.

Nathan Blacklock:
The Competition's top try scorer: 1999, 2000, 2001.
Club's top try scorer: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003.
*Club's top point scorer: 2000

Tingha was top point scorer in 2000, while an injured McGregor was sitting out the season.

It's a tribute to Tingha that he had wonderful success with or without McGregor's 'help'. There's a reason why he often ran infield looking for the ball, and no amount of poor service could stop him finding a way to the goal line.

So, if you're suggesting that Tingha owes a debt of gratitude to McGregor, then I respectively disagree - and the facts don't add support to your argument.

Truth is, I was actually referring to McGregor's legacy as in his latter years. His final year in 2001 showed that he was well past his best. IMO, the older he got, the more selfish he became with the ball.

P.S. Thanks for questioning my supporter credentials. You're obviously a big fan of McGregor, I am not. For most of his career, he didn't even play for the team I support. The fact that he played for NSW doesn't make me support Saints more. But by all means, please tell me again what I must do to be a true supporter. Cheers.

Last edited:

GT0007

Juniors
Tingha's success was not thanks to McGregor.

McGregor and Blacklock would have played about 30 games in the same team. They only played together part time over two seasons. McGregor wasn't there in 1998, he didn't play at all in 2000.* By the time McGregor came to Saints, he was at the backend of his career, his days as a NSW and Aust rep were gone.

I'm well aware of Blacklock's record. I could happily devote an entire book to his greatness.

Nathan Blacklock:
The Competition's top try scorer: 1999, 2000, 2001.
Club's top try scorer: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003.
*Club's top point scorer: 2000

Tingha was top point scorer in 2000, while an injured McGregor was sitting out the season.

It's a tribute to Tingha that he had wonderful success with or without McGregor's 'help'. There's a reason why he often ran infield looking for the ball, and no amount of poor service could stop him finding a way to the goal line.

So, if you're suggesting that Tingha owes a debt of gratitude to McGregor, then I respectively disagree - and the facts don't add support to your argument.

Truth is, I was actually referring to McGregor's legacy as in his latter years. His final year in 2001 showed that he was well past his best. IMO, the older he got, the more selfish he became with the ball.

P.S. Thanks for questioning my supporter credentials. You're obviously a big fan of McGregor, I am not. For most of his career, he didn't even play for the team I support. The fact that he played for NSW doesn't make me support Saints more. But by all means, please tell me again what I must do to be a true supporter. Cheers.

I didn't say Blacklock (one of me fav players) owed Mcgregor anything merely pointed out he still scored tries anyway. You werent specific when talking about which stage of Mcgregors career you were talking of and while he wasn't necessarily a favorite player of mine I have to give credit where due. It he played 14 origins he must have been doing something right somewhere. I question your supporter status only because you rarely have anything positive to say. While we have had a nightmare few years there are positives of late and it seems like you want them to fall in a heap so you can say I told you so. While that is a possibility, which it is for any team in the NRL I prefer to enjoy the good moments and be a supporter

Willow

Assistant Moderator
LOL. Well I tried to be nice. Please, keep telling me what I think.

Mrs Mary said:
you rarely have anything positive to say.
:lol: OK chuckles.

Let's recap...

You said:
Blacklock was top try scorer in the NRL 3 years in a row in the years he played with Mcgregor
This is factually wrong. You don't even know when they played together.
GT0007 said:
and the first player ever to score more than 20 tries 4yrs in a row
Which had very little to do with McGregor.
GT0007 said:
and you're using that to have a go at Mcgregor.....seriously?
No, I wasn't seriously having a go at McGregor. That's just your keyboard brain going out of its way to get offended.

You also said:
GT0007 said:
Mary also played 14 games for the blues......
Which is irrelevant.

And:
GT0007 said:
are there any supporters left in this forum?
Perhaps the RL equivalent of breaking Godwin's Law.

But GT, we should stop all this a-fussing and a-fighting.... Let me buy you a Reschs tomorrow. Will you be at the game?

Latest posts