What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announcement today: quitting Knights

bottle

Coach
The Bronco's chased him in 2011, and they knew he was a free agent as soon as the Tinkler ownership went down. This was in the pipe line a long time ago if you read between the lines.
GT0007 said:
I've read that they had meeting with Bennett back in May so it was on the cards and it might just have been the Cronulla loss that swung the board
So since 2011, or May 2014, or recently. Depends on which lines you read between I suppose.
I don't have a clue, but I tend to think that these deals don't get decided on a whim, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were in train for longer than we have been led to believe. However the fact that there was such conviction on the part of so many that he was headed here supports the view that it was a recent decision. Either that, or a very effective and convincing snow job was underway. Moreover, this involved Lockyer, Parker, and a number of people on the Broncos board suggesting they didn't want Wayne. They are either clueless and have been snowed like the rest of us, or are just good fibbers.

GT0007

Juniors
So since 2011, or May 2014, or recently. Depends on which lines you read between I suppose.
I don't have a clue, but I tend to think that these deals don't get decided on a whim, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were in train for longer than we have been led to believe. However the fact that there was such conviction on the part of so many that he was headed here supports the view that it was a recent decision. Either that, or a very effective and convincing snow job was underway. Moreover, this involved Lockyer, Parker, and a number of people on the Broncos board suggesting they didn't want Wayne. They are either clueless and have been snowed like the rest of us, or are just good fibbers.

I was refering to May 2014 and I'm sure once Tinkler was on his way out there wouldve been talk at the Bronco's. There was talks between them and Wayne as far back as May. I can't understand them paying $4 million over 3yrs

jenninga

First Grade
I was refering to May 2014 and I'm sure once Tinkler was on his way out there wouldve been talk at the Bronco's. There was talks between them and Wayne as far back as May. I can't understand them paying $4 million over 3yrs

Marvellous having News Ltd in your corner.

borat

Bench
I wouldn't mind a Daley/McGregor combination to be honest, dare I say it out loud. Both are unproven to some extent but they seemingly work well together.

I just can't help but think McGregor as coach is just making the same mistakes over again and putting too much pressure on a rookie coach too soon. One who could prove to be a good one in the future.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Yep, I'd have Daley.
Not interested in Sheens.
Not fussed on Henry.
Not sold on McGregor on his own.

There's a big difference in the final amount being touted as the Broncos offer to Bennett of an additional $1m over the 3 year contract ( i.e $1.33m per year).
We need to be aiming for a Hasler or Bellamy to compete. I don't want other teams rejected coaches.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Whislt disappointed that the Dragons missed out on Bennett its hardly surprising that he has returned home. For the mighty REDV Coaching future, I would like to see the return home of Brownie with Mary to be his right hand man assistant. The old firm reunited to identity & develop the next wave of local juniors.

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
Yep, I'd have Daley.
Not interested in Sheens.
Not fussed on Henry.
Not sold on McGregor on his own.

There's a big difference in the final amount being touted as the Broncos offer to Bennett of an additional $1m over the 3 year contract ( i.e $1.33m per year).
We need to be aiming for a Hasler or Bellamy to compete. I don't want other teams rejected coaches.

Yeah I was really hoping Bennett would return as he is good at getting players that he and the team needs to the club, we are desperate for some big forwards and I think he could have been the man to get them here, now I worry we are going to end up with a reject with the same old bullshiet. I hope the Club gets a good coach but Bennett really was the guy that was going to make us successful again.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I will always like Bennett & forever grateful for his part in helping deliver the RedV a premiership, but I will always hate the Broncos & so I hope they struggle for any success under Wayne.

Latest posts