What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announcement today: quitting Knights

Gomarchin

Juniors
The llayers sprouted the same crap about Price for 2 and a half years. They also had purple patches under him, including winning 3 in a row to start this year. Long way to go before Mary proves he is a long term option and even then, I dont believe he is the best option.

^^^^^^^^
THIS x 10000000000

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
On a positive note 3 years is not a long time in Rugby League and after 3 years we'd be back to square one again.

Agree Minh...whilst I thank Bennetts efforts when he was with us, its time to move on.....he is the master coach and he is not getting any younger.....the only reason I am disappointed is a coach of Waynes capability attracts better players, and as we all know we are desperate for some tough props but as I said time to move on.....like Bath, Gibson and co you cant have them for ever.

since77

Juniors
What I find interesting now is what to do with Mary if not appointed coach.

You could see Mary as assistant to Bennett learning the ropes from the best in the business, but assistant to anyone else I am not so sure. I would prefer Henry get the gig now for 3 years but a slow start in 2015 would see the knives out very quickly with Mary in the wings.

Probably the only coach you could appoint now with Mary as assistant is Daley
Henry's a dud - has achieved nothing with a great forward pack and best half in the world at Nth Qld. I'm not yet sold on Mc Gregor but I hope he gives us all something to think about tonight.

Godz Illa

Coach
i think it's time.

andrew farrar must be signed forthwith.
Don't even joke. Farrar was on the NSW coaching staff, with McGregor. Stranger things have happened.

I fear the coaching situation has been built up publicly as a Bennett v McGregor decision - the comments of our thickheaded board member as well as Mary are major contributing factors to this. So I imagine said boardmember and the faction of dopes he represents will now be pushing hard for Mary, and he will probably get the job. Which is a disastrous situation. Strange things are happening

DUB888

Juniors
It would appear Bennett wants to move back to Brisbane and has gone in the backdoor (Murdoch) to get what he wants. For me his moral and ethical halo has slipped and Griffin is the first victim of this and there may be others. Dragons need to move on immediately and announce a coach for 2015. Mary will be a good assistant along with Hornby and Young on the coaching staff BUT they need a mentor.:-k

gregstar

Referee
i approached douche to indicate i was prepared to take over the coaching role until a big name was available.

he seemed reluctant when told of my carrying a revolver on the sideline to shoot turds when out of form strategy. i stand by it. it worked with my under 9's team.

The Nick

Bench
It would appear Bennett wants to move back to Brisbane and has gone in the backdoor (Murdoch) to get what he wants. For me his moral and ethical halo has slipped and Griffin is the first victim of this and there may be others. Dragons need to move on immediately and announce a coach for 2015. Mary will be a good assistant along with Hornby and Young on the coaching staff BUT they need a mentor.:-k

LOL you don't get to be as successful as Wayne Bennett by being moral and ethical in the business world. In this world you're either the big fish or you're the little fish getting eaten by the big fish. In Rugby League, Wayne Bennett is a motherf*ckin GREAT WHITE SHARK.

The way he has left all his previous clubs in tatters, displaced entire coaching staff at each club he's joined, used our club as a pawn to jack up his asking price which has now left McGregor with a lot of leverage to demand he be paid overs for us to retain him (given there's no other real options out there for us left), and not to mention the way he has seemingly abandoned a squad that HE ASSEMBLED, including Alex McKinnon, to me says all we need to know about his character. At the end of the day he's a winner, and he'll always win at all costs.

bottle

Coach
The character assassination of Bennett is a bit over the top, and uncalled for.
Had choices, as the best always do. Took the option that best suited HIM. Most would.
I'm disappointed, but not bitter.
Sure I feel a bit empty, and concerned for the future at this point. Vilifying Bennett won't help make me feel any better.

Elias1983

Coach
Had choices, as the best always do. Took the option that best suited HIM. Most would.
Sure I feel a bit empty, and concerned for the future at this point. Vilifying Bennett won't help make me feel any better.

+1.

dragonreddy

Juniors

Well said, he owes us nothing.

The Nick

Bench

From all reports he had our club convinced he was about to sign with us, then turned out he was deliberately using us as a pawn.

And he didn't really have choices, he created the Broncos option by going over the board's head and phoning the owner of the major shareholder directly. IMO that's pretty unethical.

gregstar

Referee
From all reports he had our club convinced he was about to sign with us, then turned out he was deliberately using us as a pawn.

And he didn't really have choices, he created the Broncos option by going over the board's head and phoning the owner of the major shareholder directly. IMO that's pretty unethical.
that's conjecture.

it's media dribble from journalists / commentators doing what they're paid to do - invent, theorise & conject.

reporting comes dead last.

Latest posts