What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announcement today: quitting Knights

Godz Illa

Coach
It is reality peanut.

Plenty of teams have gone on to win after origin, we didn't we fell in a heap.
Whats close? means jack
Money on recruits they had/have a good team.
The point I am making is whether he is past it, try and make a logical response.
He's not past it. Took a less than brilliant team to within a game of the grand final last year. That Newcastle fell apart this year is due to a myriad of reasons - the majority of which are out of his control. Packer, McKinnon, Tinkler etc.
Still it's not great for Bennett being the Knights least successful coach.
I'm trying to avoid reading your posts but it's difficult when you keep repeating the same garbage over and over. This is the most meaningless rubbish of all

BennyV

Referee
The more desperate Dragons supporters are to get Benny back, as evidenced by this thread, the more I reckon he'll be inclined to go elsewhere.

You've got a rookie coach who has suddenly put you into the finals picture, and every one of you want to shit on him. You deserve what you get.

Lol yeah, we should definitely choose the unproven rookie over the undisputed champion...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Wayne will be great at the Dragons but at 64 not a long term option. Surely he will retire in a few years. Good if Mary stays on as Assistant. Benny and D Young will also learn a bit from the master.

saint.nick

Coach
Bennett has won 7 premierships, HOWEVER, has had 2 ordinary years at an out-of-sorts club...so let's put the magnifying glass on that instead. F**k logic! :crazy:

Last edited:

Saintsified

Bench
NRL Gossip ‏@NRLGossip 1m
Queensland Origin star Darius Boyd is poised to follow coach Wayne Bennett’s lead and quit his $600,000 contract... http://fb.me/1sFFS5ugz
8:19 PM - 10 Jul 2014 · Details

Queensland Origin star Darius Boyd is poised to follow coach Wayne Bennett’s lead and quit the Newcastle Knights at the end of the season.

Bennett stunned the club on Thursday by announcing that after three years at the helm, this season will be his last in Newcastle.

But he won’t be the only big-name departure.

While there will be no official confirmation just yet, The Daily Telegraph has learned Boyd has privately made it known he won’t be at the club in 2015 despite having a year to run on his $600,000 a season contract and is ready to activate a get-out clause.

Read more: http://www.nospam9/nrl/boyd-p...#ixzz373lb2sCB

GT0007

Juniors
I'm trying to avoid reading your posts but it's difficult when you keep repeating the same garbage over and over. This is the most meaningless rubbish of all

Keep it in context by using the whole paragraph. There are reasons for the knights poor performance but still its not a tag he would want hence being not good. It does make me wary just the same and to assume we will win a premiership like the knights assumed is jumping the gun. As Bennett said himself the knights have been embarassing and he takes some responsibility for that and he is stepping aside so someone else can have the opportunity to see if they can do better. Bennett has achieved more than any other coach however he himself admits he has under achieved at the knights. IMO the knights have quite a good roster but as I also said they are missing Buderus. I would recommend you listen/watch the interview. If he does sign I'll fully support the decision but I'm not going in with rose coloured glasses

BrissyRedV

Bench
The more desperate Dragons supporters are to get Benny back, as evidenced by this thread, the more I reckon he'll be inclined to go elsewhere.

You've got a rookie coach who has suddenly put you into the finals picture, and every one of you want to shit on him. You deserve what you get.

How is it slinging shit on him? For starters, he was signed at the start of the year as an assistant and is a stop gap for this season. And we are talking about signing the maestro and not some chump like Henry. Mary will just have to bide his time and will likely become an assistant to Saint Benny and what a fantastic opportunity to learn from the master himself?

GT0007

Juniors
Bennett has won 7 premierships, HOWEVER, has had 2 ordinary years at an out-of-sorts club...so let's put the magnifying glass on that instead. F**k logic! :crazy:

His last half season for us was also very poor 4/14 and he literally said at a press conference he didnt have the answer and that the players just didnt seem to want to win. These are facts. I stress again I'll support his signing and I hope he recaptures his best with us

Godz Illa

Coach
His last half season for us was also very poor 4/14 and he literally said at a press conference he didnt have the answer and that the players just didnt seem to want to win. These are facts. I stress again I'll support his signing and I hope he recaptures his best with us

Another chestnut

Ritzley

Juniors
The dude I want Benny to bring with him is Jeremy Hickmans. We were a seriously fit team when this guy was running the conditioning program.

taxidriver

Coach

Facts?

BennyV

Referee

Yes, they are facts, but they are tiny aspects of those facts that you have isolated to back up your strange argument...yet you ignore majority of the facts that prove how he is the best coach the game has seen...

I find it very odd that you are so 'wary' of signing a 7-time premiership winning proven champion coach, yet in other threads youve actively said youd be happy with extending the current unproven, barely-tried rookie with no reservations or wariness...

rasaint

Juniors
Mixed feelings, has not done that much at the Knights. What will be will be. We won in 2010 with Sowie, Cooper, Gasnier, Boyd, Morris Smith Costigan and Weyman. That sure helps the coach.

If he returns I will wish him every bit of goodwill and endeavour. Get out that old banner with in Wayne we trust on it.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Yes, they are facts, but they are tiny aspects of those facts that you have isolated to back up your strange argument...yet you ignore majority of the facts that prove how he is the best coach the game has seen...

I find it very odd that you are so 'wary' of signing a 7-time premiership winning proven champion coach, yet in other threads youve actively said youd be happy with extending the current unproven, barely-tried rookie with no reservations or wariness...
logic_zps0971a0bc.jpg

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Bennett's still got it...

Do you think so Minh.....now let me think who would I like to see back coaching us again....Bennett or Price.....Mmmmm ahhhh geez that's difficult to answer leave that one with me for a while.....hang on it could be Bennett and Price again.....oh no...short term gain long term pain.....please wake me up I'm having a nightmare.

Last edited:

Latest posts