What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announcement today: quitting Knights

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Questions

Why has Bennett failed at the Knights??
Good roster and gone no where why?
In 2011 we fell apart under the bennett watch why?
He is 60+ and has family in Qld so why come back to something already done?

Finally is he past it?

Stagger Lee

Bench
This stirring in my pants may wilt if he signs for the Sharks

I just hope the 'reliable' source SMZ has does in fact get it right.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Questions

Finally is he past it?

Fell apart in 2011? - the best football we played in his era was in 2011, SOO screwed us.

And he failed at the knights .... bollox!
tell me again how close they were to a grand final last season.
this season tell me about how they had no money to spend on recruits or wages and how that would not effect the team.

get a grip on reality :lol:

GT0007

Juniors
Questions

Finally is he past it?

I raised those questions as well but of course I will support whoever coaches us next year. If he comes back it won't be to fail, that much I'm sure. The Knights have struggled with injury this year and I dont think recovered from Buderus retiring. Still it's not great for Bennett being the Knights least successful coach.

TruSaint

Referee
Fell apart in 2011? - the best football we played in his era was in 2011, SOO screwed us.

this season tell me about how they had no money to spend on recruits or wages and how that would not effect the team.

Spot on... Period.

Dragonboyd

Juniors
YESYES.png

GT0007

Juniors

We did fall apart in 2011 completely. In the last 14 games we only won 4 (including Semi's) and if we hadnt of won the first 9/10 we wouldnt have made the finals at all. Of course there were several contributing factors but every team has them in one way of another. I'm not against signing Bennett or for it, more so wary

ruthless dragon

Juniors

It is reality peanut.

Plenty of teams have gone on to win after origin, we didn't we fell in a heap.
Whats close? means jack
Money on recruits they had/have a good team.
The point I am making is whether he is past it, try and make a logical response.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Some people underestimate how close we were in 2011. We played brilliantly against a red hot Brisbane side only to go down in golden point (a match we probably should have won).

Then it would have been Manly in the prelim and the Warriors in the grand final. 2 teams we had easily beaten during the season.

I say with some confidence if we had beaten Brisbane we would have gone on to win the comp comfortably.

BennyV

Referee
Some people underestimate how close we were in 2011. We played brilliantly against a red hot Brisbane side only to go down in golden point (a match we probably should have won).

Then it would have been Manly in the prelim and the Warriors in the grand final. 2 teams we had easily beaten during the season.

I say with some confidence if we had beaten Brisbane we would have gone on to win the comp comfortably.

Indeed.

Some of the short term thinking by people who are questioning this signing is moronic. The guy has had the year from hell at Newcastle this year, after taking a mediocre team to 1 win from the GF last year.

Not to mention the record he had with the club before that...from memory I think its pretty good...

Saintsified

Bench
Peter Fitzgerald ‏@PeterFitzy 1m
Interesting Wayne Bennett stories in tomorrow's @telegraph_sport that @NRL_Dragons fans will definitely want to read.

Stagger Lee

Bench
It is reality peanut.

Plenty of teams have gone on to win after origin, we didn't we fell in a heap.
Whats close? means jack
Money on recruits they had/have a good team.
The point I am making is whether he is past it, try and make a logical response.

Plenty of teams have gone on to win after origin - No shit Sherlock, a team wins it every year after origin ;-)

Money on recruits they had/have a good team. - Really? So tell me about all the quality recruits they got before the start of this season? Do you not think that not getting paid wages on time and Tinklers financial have had no effect whatsoever this season?

[FONT=&quot]Michael Dobson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Marvin Filipo[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sam Mataora[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matt Minto[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clint Newton[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Russell Packer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nathan Ross[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]James Taylor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Travis Waddell[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brayden Wiliame[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Some top line recruits there eh pal :lol:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Are you really suggesting Wayne is past it? [/FONT]

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Bennett's still got it...

This.
1 game from the GF last year.
Poor bugger had to handle jail terms, Alex's disastrous injury, Tinklers crap, non payment of players and staff, etc etc etc.
Enough already.
Come home to the Dragons and lets finish what we started. ;-)

Simon Templar

Juniors
If Bennett comes back do we have to take Boyd again? They are joined at the hip right? Boyd was great at the Dragons but has been decidedly average for the Knights for the past three years and there are quite a few better fullbacks including Dugan who hopefully will go back to his proper position now that he won't be using club games for Origin practice. I also think that the Knights have had a pretty good roster but they have been ordinary in attack. I can't see the never ending second man play winning a comp again so hopefully he has some new tricks to go with his undoubted motivational skills. As good as our current halves are none of them has as good a kicking game as Soward did/has so tries from kicks and repeat sets also come less frequently.

TheFrog

Coach
The more desperate Dragons supporters are to get Benny back, as evidenced by this thread, the more I reckon he'll be inclined to go elsewhere.

You've got a rookie coach who has suddenly put you into the finals picture, and every one of you want to shit on him. You deserve what you get.

Latest posts