What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announces he will depart Dragons at end of 2011

Red Bear

Referee
you're assuming that Stone is going to knock back the long term offer TSG have suggested they are going to offer him regardless of whether Bennett comes or not. if we get Bennett, they would like Stone to be his assistant and then take over afterwards, and if we miss out on Bennett then he will be head coach. Tinkler Sports Group have suggested that they rate Stone very highly and he is part of the plan. i doubt they would cut his pay, either.
Well that answers that question

bomberman

Juniors
Been trying to find the wayne bennett press conference where he announced he's leaving, anyone have a link for it?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Does Wayne Bennett's brother Bob know where the master coach is really heading next season? Bob Bennett, who lives with the seven-time premiership-winning mentor, was advising everyone at Wednesday's Men of League heritage round lunch not to rule out South Sydney. The way the Rabbitohs have suddenly dropped off the radar after previously being almost unbackable favourites to secure Bennett's services has raised suspicions that they are deliberately playing down their prospects. Former Souths mentor Jason Taylor, now a Herald columnist and Sydney Roosters under-20s coach, is among those to question whether Russell Crowe would give up that easily. ''It's seems funny that they disappeared out of the mix, and they are all of a sudden saying that they don't feel they are in the running any more,'' Taylor told Fox Sports News. ''Are they just playing it smart by saying that and taking the pressure off? They have got a great roster. There are some really talented players there and I think that is what he is going to look hard at when he makes his decision on where to go next. I am sure he is very keen to win a premiership at a third club and be the first coach to do that.''
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...to-souths-or-8230-cricket-20110331-1cnhv.html
I'm just saying the haters shouldn't completely rule us out just yet. The way were behaving in the papers (and by that I mean not talking to them) is EXACTLY how Bennett would want us to behave if he's considering us. Both the Broncos and Tinkler have opened their big mouths to the papers, we haven't.

Maybe we learnt the lesson of when the Roosters got burnt.

Snappy

Coach
wernt you harping on just yesterday about not to believe what you read in newspapers ?

Evenflow

Bench
wernt you harping on just yesterday about not to believe what you read in newspapers ?

It's a well known fact that Bunniespoof takes a newspapers word as gospel when it suits his agenda and rubbishes them when they don't. Just yet another reason why you can't take the arseclown seriously.

BunniesMan

Immortal
All this column says is that we're not out of running. It's not going on like the columns I was criticising yesterday. There's a difference between "don't rule Souths out yet" which is far more reasonable than "OMGOGOGOMGOGOGOGOGMOG BENNETT TO BRONCOS IS DONE, HAS BEEN DONE FOR WEEKS, EVEN THOUGH THE MAN HIMSELF HAS SAID HE DOESNT KNOW WHERE HES GOING AS RECENTLY AS YESTERDAY!!!!!!".
It's a well known fact that Bunniespoof takes a newspapers word as gospel when it suits his agenda and rubbishes them when they don't. Just yet another reason why you can't take the arseclown seriously.
Hello evenflow. An uncalled for insult for no reason is just the kind of thing I expect from you, good to know you haven't let me down. You are little more than a pathetic troll, but I'll still take the time to respond to you properly because I'm a better person than you.

This isn't about believing or not believing news stories based on how much the stories suit me and my team.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to have a problem with stories that are essentially calling Wayne Bennett an outright liar. I think he deserves more respect than that.

A column saying "don't rule souths out yet" fits with what Bennett himself has said (about not making up his mind yet).

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
All this column says is that we're not out of running. It's not going on like the columns I was criticising yesterday. There's a difference between "don't rule Souths out yet" which is far more reasonable than "OMGOGOGOMGOGOGOGOGMOG BENNETT TO BRONCOS IS DONE, HAS BEEN DONE FOR WEEKS, EVEN THOUGH THE MAN HIMSELF HAS SAID HE DOESNT KNOW WHERE HES GOING AS RECENTLY AS YESTERDAY!!!!!!".
Oh my god oh god oh god oh my god oh god oh god oh god oh god my oh god.

Evenflow

Bench
Hello evenflow. An uncalled for insult for no reason is just the kind of thing I expect from you, good to know you haven't let me down. You are little more than a pathetic troll, but I'll still take the time to respond to you properly because I'm a better person than you.

Hello BP. Now fairs fair, it was hardly uncalled for what i said. Everyone knows your gay hence why i called you Bunniespoof and secondly, i only referred to you as an arseclown because, well you are.

This isn't about believing or not believing news stories based on how much the stories suit me and my team.

Yes it is, it's exactly what it's about. Every single time someone quotes a newspaper article that doesn't suit your argument you can't dismiss it quick enough, just as when you find one to suit your argument or counter someone elses you can't post that quick enough either.

If i could be bothered going back and trawling through threads i'd find a heap of examples but for one i couldn't be stuffed and two i don't need to because everyone knows you do it all the time anyway.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
"GOGOGOMGOGOGOGOGMOG

so that's you're real identity...

0.jpg

blaza88z

Coach
So Bunniesman, we all seen how you went on and on about souths being in the upper tier of betting to win the 2011 premiership and the bookies knowing what they are doing, blah blah blah.

Souths are $7.00 to get bennett in 2012, brisbane $1.50 and newcastle $2.50.

So with this theory, souths are no hope.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths are sh*t and BM is a pile of sh*t.
Dragons are sh*t and Hutty1986 is a pile of sh*t.

As for Bennett, news is Canberra has decided to have a go at him. A waste of time if Bennett to the Broncos is a done deal....oh wait maybe the papers are full of it and it's not a done deal.

All I'm saying is spend less time listening to the papers and spend more time listening to what Bennett himself is saying.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Dragons are sh*t and Hutty1986 is a pile of sh*t.

As for Bennett, news is Canberra has decided to have a go at him. A waste of time if Bennett to the Broncos is a done deal....oh wait maybe the papers are full of it and it's not a done deal.

All I'm saying is spend less time listening to the papers and spend more time listening to what Bennett himself is saying.

And all everyone else is saying is that you're a troll and you're a massive fan of c*ck

Fingerbang

Bench
You f*cking hypocrit....how many times did we have to listen to you sprouting how Bennet to Rabbitohs was a done deal? And how Boyd and Nightingale coming with him was also a done deal.

Pffft.

Latest posts