What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announces he will depart Dragons at end of 2011

BunniesMan

Immortal
And IF he doesn't go we can point to those sort of articles as the reason why, Roosters 2.0. Is it too much ask for a team so badly wanting Bennett to just keep their mouth shut like he would prefer?

Canard

Immortal
Not the same scenario anymore though is it.

Bennett was for all intents and purposes announcing he was "on the market" to the world. It was like one big "Come and get me" speech.

Evenflow

Bench
And IF he doesn't go we can point to those sort of articles as the reason why, Roosters 2.0. Is it too much ask for a team so badly wanting Bennett to just keep their mouth shut like he would prefer?

You're getting nervous now with Ivan coming out with this aren't you? :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
You're getting nervous now with Ivan coming out with this aren't you? :lol:
A sacked coach talking too much. Yeah so nervous. He was sacked because he was sh*t and is now trying to save face and say he was pushed aside for the greatest ever. He's not exactly unbiased right now.

If you put so much trust in a sacked coachs word, how about a sacked CEO, Bruno Cullen said on the footy show it's only "50-50".

As for Bennett, Tinkler told the papers he's still after Bennett, Tinkler may be fat but he isn't stupid, he wouldn't be wasting his time chasing after Bennett if Bennett really was a done deal.

I'll still have faith in Bennett's words more than anyone elses. He said 3 times in that press conference it's about the challenge. Not about money, not about living in Brisbane (he explicitly said he'd live in Sydney for 3 years if necessary) its about the challenge.

What's challenging about coaching a team you've won with 6 times in 20 years. What's challenging about coaching a team that's won twice in the last 14 years and add a billionaire willing to commit plenty of money to get another premiership. That isn't challenging.

Souths fit what the man himself said perfectly. We're exactly what the Dragons were. A big famous traditional club in a very long drought. We have talented but raw players like Sandow who would be perfect for Bennett to take under his wing and turn him into a star.

I mean if he could do it with Soward, how far can he take a player with actual talent....

If he wasn't bullsh*tting in the press conference, then Souths is the most likely place for him to go.

Mr Fourex

Bench
What's challenging about coaching a team you've won with 6 times in 20 years. What's challenging about coaching a team that's won twice in the last 14 years and add a billionaire willing to commit plenty of money to get another premiership. That isn't challenging.

If he wasn't bullsh*tting in the press conference, then Souths is the most likely place for him to go.

I agree ......IF Bennett is after a challenge, there would be no greater challenge at the moment for him than stiffening up the bunnies absolutely sh*thouse defence. Not to mention working on the competitions 2 most over rated halves. He certainly would have his hands full.

bomberman

Juniors
Benny's going back to the Broncos, always was. If he couldnt go to the Broncos he would have just stayed at StGeorge.

kurt faulk

Coach
Souths fit what the man himself said perfectly. We're exactly what the Dragons were.

souffs are nothing like the saints. 21 straight years of losing seasons, how is that in the same solar system as the saints? souffs are coach killers.

Slammin

Juniors
As for Bennett, Tinkler told the papers he's still after Bennett, Tinkler may be fat but he isn't stupid

He bought the Knights so I'd say he is fairly geniused

I'll still have faith in Bennett's words more than anyone elses. He said 3 times in that press conference it's about the challenge. Not about money, not about living in Brisbane (he explicitly said he'd live in Sydney for 3 years if necessary) its about the challenge.

No he didn't explicitly say he'd live in Sydney. He said he'd live away for another 3 years if he had to, so it is implied he will live anywhere.

Also Wayne did say he wanted a challenge but he didn't say he wanted to coach the challenged. So that leaves Souths out. :)

Liddell

Juniors
I agree ......IF Bennett is after a challenge, there would be no greater challenge at the moment for him than stiffening up the bunnies absolutely sh*thouse defence. Not to mention working on the competitions 2 most over rated halves. He certainly would have his hands full.

:lol: Over rated...Every third post is about how sh*t Sandow is but he's over rated??

Latest posts