What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announces he will depart Dragons at end of 2011

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Never let something as irrelevant as facts get in the way of a silly hypothesis. The hallmark of a f**king geniused troll, aka Bunniestard.

BJP76A

Juniors
I think the biggest things he's changed are:
1) The attitude that the club should put local players before quality imports. The premiership was built on the efforts of Weyman, J Smith, N Fien, etc. As long as the club goes for quality over loyalty to locals we can get some squads on the park that don't have weak players which is where we have an advantage over other teams.
2) No superstars hogging the cap. No situation like in Nth Qld or Parra where one or two players hog the cap forcing the club to put dregs into the 17.
3) Standardised training across all the squad. When we lost Hunt last year it was pretty dire but others stepped up because they were ready to do so. Saved our season.
4) Consistency. The big missing factor prior to Bennett. If Steve Price can maintain the attitude of the squad we'll stay good but who knows.

Just a question, who at Parra is hogging the cap ? Last I heard they still had about 600 k left to spend for this year, where as the Dragons had to shed some quality forwards to accomodate the sauce man making a return ?

One Warrior

Bench
There is another great challenge out there that Bennett would love and that would be taking the Warriors to their first premiership, but Wayne would never move to Auckland, too far from his family.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Just a question, who at Parra is hogging the cap ? Last I heard they still had about 600 k left to spend for this year, where as the Dragons had to shed some quality forwards to accomodate the sauce man making a return ?

Hindmarsh and Hayne are our highest paid players. They arent on overs for senior stars at any team. So id say somewhere around $400K for both. (Hindy was our highest paid player before Jarryd last resigned, not sure if Jarryd went past him or not)

We could deadset have a $800K free with Mateo and Inu who were on aroung $250K each and Cayless who was on $300k(ish) and then losing Tahu and Grothe while only signing McGuire, Webb, Walker and Atkins.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Lol @ people thinking Hayne and co hog Parra's cap. They have way more than half a million unspent this year because of their inept recruiting and retention.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Back on topic, quick interview with Wayne Bennett's brother (and roomate) was on the footy show today. Says he loves Sydney and is likely to stay here for a few more years.

Big lol @ all the sydney haters who supposedly know Bennett so well and have said for months he would never coach Souths because he hates Sydney.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Back on topic, quick interview with Wayne Bennett's brother (and roomate) was on the footy show today. Says he loves Sydney and is likely to stay here for a few more years.

Big lol @ all the sydney haters who supposedly know Bennett so well and have said for months he would never coach Souths because he hates Sydney.

Direct quote speaking to ABC sport: "Only two people will know, Wayne and his wife Trish," said Bob Bennett of his brother's plans.

-AAP

I guess you'll rubbish that as trashy journalism given it doesn't support your idiotic line of thought.

some11

Referee
Direct quote speaking to ABC sport: "Only two people will know, Wayne and his wife Trish," said Bob Bennett of his brother's plans.

-AAP

I guess you'll rubbish that as trashy journalism given it doesn't support your idiotic line of thought.

hiimbunniesman.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
The seven-time premiership-winning coach announced this week he will leave St George Illawarra at the end of the season and Souths are desperate to sign him as a replacement for John Lang who will stand down at the end of this campaign.
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/sandow-would-relish-bennett-at-souths-20110402-1cs5g.html
All you haters who were jumping up and down when you heard we supposedly resigned ourselves to not getting him...all of a sudden we're "desperate" for him. Bennett's brother reckons its us, now theres articles in the paper about how our players want to play under him.

Things certainly seem to be developing interestingly...

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/sandow-would-relish-bennett-at-souths-20110402-1cs5g.html
All you haters who were jumping up and down when you heard we supposedly resigned ourselves to not getting him...all of a sudden we're "desperate" for him. Bennett's brother reckons its us, now theres articles in the paper about how our players want to play under him.

Things certainly seem to be developing interestingly...

Bennetts brother (by his own admission) has no idea where he's going.

Haters apparently = anyone with a f**king brain.

blukablu

Juniors
Why would you want Bennett at Souths anyway? He's unlikely to be there for longer than a few years. It's just another band-aid fix which won't pay off. Maguire or Bellamy who could be there for 10+ years and build a culture of not being physically geniused would be the best option. These quick fixes they always try have given them about as much success as an aborted fetus.

Loudstrat

Coach
Wherever he goes I hope he f*cking makes up his mind soon so this wrinkly old nuffy can f*ck off out of the news.

Hutty1986

Immortal

He lives in Wollongong, not Sydney you f*cking muppet

BunniesMan

Immortal
Why would you want Bennett at Souths anyway? He's unlikely to be there for longer than a few years. It's just another band-aid fix which won't pay off. Maguire or Bellamy who could be there for 10+ years and build a culture of not being physically geniused would be the best option. These quick fixes they always try have given them about as much success as an aborted fetus.
Why would I want Bennett? FMD that goes in the running for the dumbest question of all time.

If he came to Souths for 3 years, we would be premiership favourites for 3 years. I'd put money on us winning at the very least once, you have no idea how much we want that 1 premiership to end the drought.

And after 3 years with him if he chose to leave we would then be in a better position for a long term coach. My pick would be Bellamy.

I'd be happy if we went after Bellamy now but he's still got years to go on his contract. He is in my opinion the #2 coach in the NRL.

As for Maguire, I've heard good things about him but I personally don't want a coach who hasn't had head coach expierience in the NRL.

Snappy

Coach
If he came to Souths for 3 years, we would be premiership favourites for 3 years.

If you think just having Bennett will make you favourites, you are kidding yourself. Sure he is a great coach, but he is not the be all and end all of the NRL.

Again... Moron.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If you think just having Bennett will make you favourites, you are kidding yourself. Sure he is a great coach, but he is not the be all and end all of the NRL.

Again... Moron.
Before the season started we were 3rd favourites. With all the key guys coming off contract this season resigned or almost resigned we will be equally talented in 2012, add Bennett (and Boyd) I'd predict the bookies would have us as 1st favourites.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

Again... Moron.

Id say if Souths got Bennett with their current line up, they would be favourites among the bookies by a very very long way.