What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announces he will depart Dragons at end of 2011

Evenflow

Bench
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Bunniespoof (i'm not really) but this is the latest article in todays RLW. Of course you'll totally dimiss it because it doesn't suit your agenda but it's only a matter of time before it's official that bennett won't be at the Rabbits next year :lol:

"South Sydney's search for John Langs' replacement is all but over with the Bunnies set to announce Wigan mentor Michael Maguire as coach for 2012 and beyond.

Souths have been in the market for a new coach for months with both Wayne Bennett and Ricky Stuart discussed as options for Lang. "We went pretty hard for Wayne Bennett but when we missed out Michael was always someone the club had on it's radar" a Souths insider tells RLW.

It goes on but i think you get the gist. I look forward to when it is announced and you do a complete about face on Bennett acting as if nothing has changed then continue spouting your delusional crap as to why LOL@Souffs will win the comp next year :lol:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
But Wayne's brother said he's going to souths. And Wayne wants the challenge. And Daruis is going to be their five eighth. And Russell aways gets what he wants.

Bucket

Bench
yeah he is going to announce it after this weekend's game, whoever wins gets his stamp of approval and signature

Collateral

Coach
Dont say we didnt tell you so BM.

or by Wayne Bennett did you mean Maguire...and by Darius Boyd did you mean Nobody?

Spanner in the works

First Grade
He is the worlds best fullback but I think he can make the same transition as Lockyer.

A year from now if we were to get Boyd I'd want Boyd at 6 and Inglis at 1. They'd be our two best backs and should play the key positions.

With Boyd at 6 I think it would make Sandow a better halfback.

And another reason for Boyd at 6, to get him we would have to not resign Sutton so we'll have a hole at 6 while having a whole bunch of players capable of playing fullback and playing it well (Inglis, Merritt etc).

And no I'm not trolling and I'm not mentally deficient either. These are my honest opinions and my IQ is well above 100.

Proud?

Fingerbang

Bench
I heard from Maguire's brother that he was first offered the Broncos coaching role for 2012, before the Bunnies came in with their offer. He then said that his brother thought he wouldn't find coaching the Broncos challenging enough, so decided to take up the Bunnies offer.

some11

Referee
I heard from Maguire's brother that he was first offered the Broncos coaching role for 2012, before the Bunnies came in with their offer. He then said that his brother thought he wouldn't find coaching the Broncos challenging enough, so decided to take up the Bunnies offer.

I admire his penchant for masochism.

Evenflow

Bench
Where's Bunniespoof? Seems to have gone awfully quiet on this particular subject. He either didn't see the article on the previous page (doubtful) or he did see it and doesn't want to make any more comment on it at the risk of making himself look like an even bigger dickhead than he already has.

Though i'm a fair man BP and i'm prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt in case you did miss it, so hear it is again:

"South Sydney's search for John Langs' replacement is all but over with the Bunnies set to announce Wigan mentor Michael Maguire as coach for 2012 and beyond.

Souths have been in the market for a new coach for months with both Wayne Bennett and Ricky Stuart discussed as options for Lang. "We went pretty hard for Wayne Bennett but when we missed out Michael was always someone the club had on it's radar" a Souths insider tells RLW.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Where's Bunniespoof? Seems to have gone awfully quiet on this particular subject. He either didn't see the article on the previous page (doubtful) or he did see it and doesn't want to make any more comment on it at the risk of making himself look like an even bigger dickhead than he already has.

Though i'm a fair man BP and i'm prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt in case you did miss it, so hear it is again:
Souths have been linked with Wigan coach Michael Maguire but the former Storm assistant coach said he wants to continue coaching in Super League next year.

We're not getting Maguire, that was meaningless speculation just like the Bennett to Broncos "certainty" is.

See what happens when you wait for the man himself to say it. You get confirmation. Maguire is not even off contract so that tells you how stupid the headlines were.

I'll say it for millionth time, I refuse to believe unconfirmed newspaper reports that Bennett has known for weeks he's going to the Broncos, reports that come out the day after he strongly denies he's made a decison.

Bennett has not made a decision. In the criteria Bennett himself has used, IMO of all the possible candidates Souths are the best fit, the Broncos are the worst.

Bennett has said he's willing to live apart from his family for a while longer, and he's said he's willing to live in Sydney. His brother and roomate has said the man loves Sydney and that Souths are the most likely choice.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Bennett has said he's willing to live apart from his family for a while longer, and he's said he's willing to live in Sydney. His brother and roomate has said the man loves Sydney and that Souths are the most likely choice.

we're talking about wayne bennett the coach, not wayne bennett the 17 year old schoolboy..

CC_Roosters

First Grade
bugger souths and newcastle i want him to go to the RFL as director of coaching, now that would be a challenge and rewarding for RL

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wayne Bennett is expected to announce his coaching future in the coming days

While Brisbane Broncos are still short-priced favourites to secure Bennett's services, it is understood their cause hasn't been helped by a series of stories in recent days, the first of which claimed the seven-time premiership winner had already struck a deal with his former club.

That was quickly followed by comments from former Broncos coach Ivan Henjak in which he spoke of his sacking and how it related to Bennett. Bennett has previously shown his dislike for his future being played out in the media, having backed out of an agreement to coach Sydney Roosters five years ago when the deal became public.
Against that backdrop, Bennett is also weighing up offers from Newcastle Knights and South Sydney Rabbitohs which would in all likelihood earn him much more money than what he would receive in Brisbane.
The Rabbitohs were thought to be out of the picture, but Bennett's brother Bob breathed life into their bid last week when he said he thought the super coach would end up at Redfern.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/.../story-fn2mcuj6-1226035797671?from=public_rss

Whatever the choice it looks like we'll be put out of our misery soon. Maybe within the week.

Dazraider

Juniors
Would of been great if Bennett went to England and Fixed there national team or a club side that has most of there international players.
he sure fixed NZ and sure he would fix England as well,could do a double and help out france

Latest posts