What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett announces he will depart Dragons at end of 2011

Dragon Dave

Bench
Obviously sad that Wayne is leaving us but if I had to choose a team for him to try and fix it would be the Warriors. They have a great squad but are lacking direction. I think he could do wonders across the ditch.

Would never happen but.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Obviously sad that Wayne is leaving us but if I had to choose a team for him to try and fix it would be the Warriors. They have a great squad but are lacking direction. I think he could do wonders across the ditch.

Would never happen but.
You think a man like Bennett would go anywhere near them after the way they've embarassed themselves with Metcalf?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wait a minute... Aren't Souths fans criminals anyway?
Yeah...we're not. Some may be, like I'm sure there's a convicted percentage in every fan base. And there's a difference between nameless fans amongst the masses having a criminal history and high profile players representing the sport having a criminal history, and not just any history, one on the extreme end.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Says the "don't listen to the media speculation" guy.

You're 1 of a kind BM.....(thank god for that)
There is a method to my madness. I ignored the media when they directly contradicted Bennett himself and basically called him a liar. Bennett has earnt our trust.

This however isn't directly contradicting anyone, if for example Bennett said yesterday "I won't decide for 3 months" then I wouldn't put any weight into todays column.

Frailty

First Grade
There is a method to my madness. I ignored the media when they directly contradicted Bennett himself and basically called him a liar. Bennett has earnt our trust.

This however isn't directly contradicting anyone, if for example Bennett said yesterday "I won't decide for 3 months" then I wouldn't put any weight into todays column.

But you would rather listen to media reports who don't quote Bennett but 'his brother Bob'.

Back in your box you sad little "man".

BunniesMan

Immortal
But you would rather listen to media reports who don't quote Bennett but 'his brother Bob'.

Back in your box you sad little "man".
I'm more of a man than you'll ever be loser. Unlike you, I don't go out of my way to make uncalled for personal attacks.

BunniesMan

Immortal
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...and-south-sydney/story-e6frg7mf-1226035964569

That's what happens when someone inside your organisation says Bennett is a done deal the day after he strongly denies making a decision yet. You make him look like a liar and he rejects your offer.

Looks like it's down to Newcastle and Souths.

I
TOLD
YOU
SO.

For how long have I been trying to tell you people, don't listen to whispers in the papers, listen to the man himself. He said it's all about a challenge. He said he doesn't mind living apart from his family for a while longer.

That's the difference. Most of you listened to your masters in the media. The media who don't have a good track record of getting it right.

I listened to Wayne Bennett himself. A man who has more than earned our trust and respect.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Bennett tells Brisbane to piss off. Broncos press conference at 2:30 to announce extension of Anthony Griffin past 2011.

People need to learn to keep their mouth shut. I suppose Henjak is probably to blame, and if so, sucked in Brisbane.

Knights or Souffs. I think Souffs

Dragon Dave

Bench
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...and-south-sydney/story-e6frg7mf-1226035964569

That's what happens when someone inside your organisation says Bennett is a done deal the day after he strongly denies making a decision yet. You make him look like a liar and he rejects your offer.

Looks like it's down to Newcastle and Souths.

I
TOLD
YOU
SO.

For how long have I been trying to tell you people, don't listen to whispers in the papers, listen to the man himself. He said it's all about a challenge. He said he doesn't mind living apart from his family for a while longer.

That's the difference. Most of you listened to your masters in the media. The media who don't have a good track record of getting it right.

I listened to Wayne Bennett himself. A man who has more than earned our trust and respect.

And what exactly has Wayne Bennett said so far about knocking back Brisbane?

Gaba

First Grade
The knights have been a 2nd dragons team ever since brian smith was coach :)

following Brownie's game plans and getting the ex-dragons players and now going after the ex-coach

BunniesMan

Immortal
And what exactly has Wayne Bennett said so far about knocking back Brisbane?

"Dont listen to whispers in the papers" says the man quoting whispers in the papers...
FMD is there any subtlety with you two? Any grey? Or do you live in black and white.

The news about Bennett to Brisbane weeks ago were only ever rumours. Especially with the context of what Bennett said the day before.

These are headlines about a press conference due in an hour. The likelyhood of them being accurate is way way way higher than the rumours I rubbished weeks ago.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Yep, if the reports are true, the way they acted with Henjack, Wayne has done the right thing back rejecting them.

Latest posts