What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best pack in the NRL 2007 ??

ShineDog

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
Ryles
Woolford
Poore
Creagh
Sims
Young

has potential.
\

The Dragons pack is the pack of the future. Some of these players will be house hold names " oneday "...

Raider_69

Post Whore
JJ said:
man you must smoke some f**ked up sh*t

who is better then him? Who offer's more then Alan Tongue at lock in todays game?

Gallen - Up there with him, very good on both offence and defence
Johnson - again, right up there with Gallen and Tongue
Carroll - Very good defencively, lives off lockyer for attack. Past his prime anyways, IMO a good player but not in the over all, alrounder level the others are.
Matua - under-rated imo, he is a top class lock forward, i think the best lock is a toss up between him and tongue, with gallen a pubic hair off it, will probably play else when SBW hardens up though
SBW - lets see him play a season in the forwards without being injured first, you cant be the best if your soft as sh*te.
Young - good player, but like Carroll i dont think he is in the mix for the best lock in the game

ShineDog

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
SBW - lets see him play a season in the forwards without being injured first, you cant be the best if your soft as sh*te.

Sonny Bill Williams " soft as sh*te " , I would like to see that.
What planet are you from , Alan Tongue has nothing on Sonny Bill Williams.

ShineDog

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
Broncos will still be good bt they need someone to step into Webby's shoes.

The lose of Webcke will have a major effect on the Broncos in 07.
Thorn has had his day , and no one else has the required go forward ...... to lead up front ( bar Petro).

This lose will see Brisbane miss the top 8 next year.....
LETS WAIT AND SEE.....HAHAHAHA!!

Mr Saab

Referee
Brisbane will not miss the 8 unless Lockyer, Hunt, Berrigan, Petero, Hodges, Carroll, and Tate play less than 13 games each

Kiwi

First Grade
ShineDog said:
The lose of Webcke will have a major effect on the Broncos in 07.
Thorn has had his day , and no one else has the required go forward ...... to lead up front ( bar Petro).

This lose will see Brisbane miss the top 8 next year.....
LETS WAIT AND SEE.....HAHAHAHA!!

Webcke is a big loss for sure. But to say we now have no go forward is just plain stupid. Thorn according to everyone not a Broncos fan had "had his day" and was "past it" when he signed 2 years ago.

How can someone say a forward pack consisting of first grade regulars ( most being rep players ) Thorn, Petero, Carlaw, Thaiday, Parker, Hannant, Ennis, Carroll, Stagg, and up and comers in Eastwood, Kenny and Taylor has no go forward.

As a dogs fan, I'd be more worried about how the loss of asotasi and myles are going to covered in the forwards if I was you.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ShineDog said:
Sonny Bill Williams " soft as sh*te " , I would like to see that.
What planet are you from , Alan Tongue has nothing on Sonny Bill Williams.

:lol: Sonny Bill Papworth is soft as all sh*te, the bloke is made of glass, has ever gone more then 10 games without sustaining injury? Say what you will about Alan Tongue's talent but when it comes to toughness and durablity, Tongue owns Papworth

mattyg

Bench
Raider_69 said:
:lol: Sonny Bill Papworth is soft as all sh*te, the bloke is made of glass, has ever gone more then 10 games without sustaining injury? Say what you will about Alan Tongue's talent but when it comes to toughness and durablity, Tongue owns Papworth

Yes, he has...this year....Tongue isn't fit to polish SBW's boots

caylo

Bench
Raider_69 said:
who is better then him? Who offer's more then Alan Tongue at lock in todays game?

Gallen - Up there with him, very good on both offence and defence
Johnson - again, right up there with Gallen and Tongue
Carroll - Very good defencively, lives off lockyer for attack. Past his prime anyways, IMO a good player but not in the over all, alrounder level the others are.
Matua - under-rated imo, he is a top class lock forward, i think the best lock is a toss up between him and tongue, with gallen a pubic hair off it, will probably play else when SBW hardens up though
Young - good player, but like Carroll i dont think he is in the mix for the best lock in the game

you are as bias as they get, tounge is not close to any of those players, he isnt fit to shine SBW boots as stated... and this coming from a eels supporter who would love nothing more than to see the dogs fail. You can also add Menzies to that list (used to play lock, and prob will go back to playing lock), Carroll is not passed his best, even if he was id pick him over tounge, there are so many good quality players, tounge is solid thats it

Cant go pass the premiers even without Webke they have pure strength and will be on top of most again,,the bulldogs had nothing against them in 06 and i beleive that the broncos will smash them again.
don't want to sound bias though the raiders will have a young pack of forwards that will match it with most

ShineDog

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Brisbane will not miss the 8 unless Lockyer, Hunt, Berrigan, Petero, Hodges, Carroll, and Tate play less than 13 games each

In winning the 2006 Premiership....The Broncos have taken on board - the NRL curse......!!

THE CURSE - Any team that wins the Premiership is doomed to miss the Eight the following season.....History does not lie (check the past 4/5 yrs).:sarcasm:

BRISBANE ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!

willvillain

Juniors
Panthers won in 03 and made the finals the next year.

That 'missing the finals curse' only started last year when the Dogs missed the finals.

But the Premiership curse IS real - but the Broncos media will be out in force to say they'll become the first team to go back to back since......the Broncos!

ShineDog

Juniors
willvillain said:
Panthers won in 03 and made the finals the next year.

That 'missing the finals curse' only started last year when the Dogs missed the finals.

But the Premiership curse IS real - but the Broncos media will be out in force to say they'll become the first team to go back to back since......the Broncos!

Are you sure??...I thought the Panthers missed the eight the following year.

thats right, Panthers finished 4th, knock off the Dragons week one of the semis when they led 24-0 at half time, but the Saints turned it on, complacency set in, and Penrith just hung on to take it 31-30. they had the week off, and the Dogs finished them off a fortnight later, I think it was 28-14, when the Dogs got a few tries while Wesser was in the bin.

mattyg

Bench
Marshall_magic said:
thats right, Panthers finished 4th, knock off the Dragons week one of the semis when they led 24-0 at half time, but the Saints turned it on, complacency set in, and Penrith just hung on to take it 31-30. they had the week off, and the Dogs finished them off a fortnight later, I think it was 28-14, when the Dogs got a few tries while Wesser was in the bin.

30-14

Wesser got binned for a blatant professional foul, we would have scored for sure if he didnt hold down Willie Tonga.

And we didnt score any when Wesser was in the bin, we scored 1 about 2 minutes after he came back on the field and then piled on the points in the last 20 minutes.

The amount of times i've watched the 2004 season highlights DVD is pretty sad actually :lol:

Rammo

Juniors
Brisbane nailed us three times this season but yet our supporters still come out and say how great our pack is.

The Bulldogs' pack will always be number two to Brisbane unless they prove otherwise by nailing Brisbane next season.

The Bulldogs' pack couldn't be rated as the best of all time because it isn't even the best at the moment. Brisbane have the wood on us and we have to wear it for the next six months or so until we get another crack at them.

3/3 to Brisbane this year. Nothing to cheer about there Doggies.

Rammo

Juniors
Raider_69 said:

You're either the most biased poster on here or the dumbest.

All Tongue can do is tackle like a machine. There's more to being a top quality lock than making tackles. By your logic, Tony Grimaldi was as good as Tongue will ever be.

A mate of mine played against Reni Maitua in the lower grades and he said he's never played against a harder hitter in defence. That's not to mention his attacking prowess.

Alan Tongue isn't fit to lace Reni Maitua's boots.

D

Deleted member 10972

Maitua, Gallen, Johnson, Kennedy > Tongue. And if you base it on potential, then Harrison & Flannery > Tongue to. Just that they are both a tad out of form.

Latest posts