What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best pack in the NRL 2007 ??

Lego_Man

First Grade
I have to admit, im getting sick of these forward-pack oriented threads which are merely an excuse for Dogs fans to come and flop out their wangs, in the hope that people will flock to admire them. We get the picture, youve got a good pack...however you "juan pharkall" this year so get over it. I'll be rooting against you next year, as per usual.

Inferno

Coach
Raider_69 said:
Costigan, Tongue, Weyman, Bickerstaff, Learoyd-Lahrs would all make pretty much every team's top 17 in the comp. Tilse, Miller and Thompson are also very good players

Lomu has neck issues from memory, not sure if he will be back in 07 or retire, there has been talk of both

Its a good pack for the future, this year will be dicey, in a year or so it will be up there with the best if not the best in the comp.
Our backs are f**king sh*te though, alot of work on some key players needs to be done... best in defence, howell in defence, goodwin needs to step up to FG level, Frawley needs to do something... ANYTHING!

:lol::lol::lol:

Keep dreaming mate, of those I would take TLL and thats it.

Lego_Man said:
I have to admit, im getting sick of these forward-pack oriented threads which are merely an excuse for Dogs fans to come and flop out their wangs, in the hope that people will flock to admire them. We get the picture, youve got a good pack...however you "juan pharkall" this year so get over it. I'll be rooting against you next year, as per usual.

good posting, who will ever forget the classic 'best pack of all time' thread, it didn't even get them to the grand final, it was so great.

D

Deleted member 10972

How can you Dogs fans even rate that pack of yours against some of the all-time great packs. Your 2004 pack was better, Roosters 2002 was better, Broncos 2000 & mid-90's was better, Warriors 2002 was better, Bulldogs 2002 was better, i'll even go as far as saying Warriors 2005 was better, just that injuries forced them into not being able to get their entire pack onto the ground at once. If they did, though:

8. Ruben Wiki
9. Nathan Fien
10. Steve Price
11. Awen Guttenbeil
12. Wairangi Koopu
13. Sione Faumuina

14. Lance Hohaia
15. Louie Anderson
16. Iafeta Paleaaesina
17. Richard Villasanti

And that's a side on the rebound from the losses of J Seuseu, J Vagana, M Tookey, A Lauititi, S Kearney, T Tuimavave, L Swann...all excellent players & clubmen.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Inferno said:
:lol::lol::lol:

Keep dreaming mate, of those I would take TLL and thats it.

costigan regularly made the broncos team before his sacking
bickerstaff was in the dragons team ALL YEAR LONG
Tongue is argueably the best lock in the game now BK is retired (gallen, matua and johnson are right there with him though)
Learoyd-Lahrs is just awesome
weyman needs time to prove himself and stay injury free, but if when he does, you'll be changing your tune

every one of them would make the manly team

ShineDog

Juniors
Lego_Man said:
I have to admit, im getting sick of these forward-pack oriented threads which are merely an excuse for Dogs fans to come and flop out their wangs, in the hope that people will flock to admire them.

You don't have to reply !!!!

Inferno

Coach
Raider_69 said:
Tongue is argueably the best lock in the game now BK is retired (gallen, matua and johnson are right there with him though)
weyman needs time to prove himself and stay injury free, but if when he does, you'll be changing your tune

Thats all well and good but I go for the Sharks

We CUT bickerstaff so there is no way he'd get a run in. Costigan played 7 games this year for the Broncs, so ditto for him. We already have Ross, Stapelton and Douglas all who I rate ahead of Weyman, he'd probably be ahead of Villasanti, but with a full offseason who knows. TLL would probably make our run on side though, he's definately got a big future. We already have guys that can tackle all day in Bird, Thommo and Gallen so to be honest we would have no use for Tongue.

you guys have a good forward pack, but I wouldn't say most of them would make most people's side mate.

ShineDog

Juniors
Marshall_magic said:
good posting, who will ever forget the classic 'best pack of all time' thread, it didn't even get them to the grand final, it was so great.

After I started this thread ...you (Marshall_magic )decided to start up the best backline of 2007 thread , gees your original.

As soon as I started this thread you decided to give me crap in regards to another forward pack thread but there is no problems in starting up the backline thread. ( You can't have it both ways Benji...or can you)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Inferno said:
Thats all well and good but I go for the Sharks

We CUT bickerstaff so there is no way he'd get a run in. Costigan played 7 games this year for the Broncs, so ditto for him. We already have Ross, Stapelton and Douglas all who I rate ahead of Weyman, he'd probably be ahead of Villasanti, but with a full offseason who knows. TLL would probably make our run on side though, he's definately got a big future. We already have guys that can tackle all day in Bird, Thommo and Gallen so to be honest we would have no use for Tongue.

you guys have a good forward pack, but I wouldn't say most of them would make most people's side mate.

my mistake... sharkies... they'd make your team easier then they would the eagles!!
The players i mentioned, i think would without a doubt be in the mix for every team in the comp's top 17. And IMO make most of them... the broncos, storm and bulldogs have strong packs, past that i think they'd all be there.

ShineDog

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
I cannot rate hagen till he starts coaching the eels...

But lets see Is Ricky stuart a better coach then Bennett because he took over for him as the Australian coach?

Can Bennett really coach or is it the players under him Lockyer?

Would love to see Bennett coach the Sharks and see how good of a coach this man really is....as for Stuart (as much as I can't stand him ) he has an excellent record since coaching First grade and Premier League / Jersey Flegg.

Hagan will be an excellent influence on the Eels.

caylo

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Tongue is argueably the best lock in the game now BK is retired (gallen,

Get your head out of your ass seriously. tounge is nowhere near the best lock in the game. God for 1, Gallen, Young, SBW, Carroll, Johnston, i can think of so many players id have above him. The radiers team has an average pack, i would probly have TTL in the parramatta team... that is it, no tounge, no1 else. that is also the parramatta pack(which i rate, but dont compare to the broncos and dogs). Anyway my parramatta pack would be:
8 Cayless (NZ rep)
9 Marsh (QLD rep)
10 Moimoi (Will be a NZ rep)
11 Hindmarsh (best back rower in the world)
12 Riddell (country honors)
13 Robenson (solid player/under-rated)

14 Mateo (will be a super star, watch the PL grandfinal)
15 Wagon (QLD rep)
16 Cordoba (showed great stuff)
17 Tsulous (just look at the hit he put on webkey)
plus Vella(Australian rep), Lowrie, I.Hindmarsh(Country honors), Cannings, Taia, and affamasaga (now thats depth) waiting in the wings

willvillain

Juniors
caylo said:
8 Cayless (NZ rep) past his best
9 Marsh (QLD rep) hasn't repped for years
10 Moimoi (Will be a NZ rep) overrated thug, a long way off playing for the Kiwis
11 Hindmarsh (best back rower in the world) excellent player and has the ability to carry the Eels pack on his own
12 Riddell (country honors) plays his role and is effective in rotation, but as a starting backrower?
13 Robenson (solid player/under-rated) genuine nobody

14 Mateo (will be a super star, watch the PL grandfinal) full of potential, but same could be said about the entire raiders pack
15 Wagon (QLD rep) again, hasn't repped in years. doubtful that he'll be in the top 17 next year.
16 Cordoba (showed great stuff) forced into a big role early, but hardly showed that much
17 Tsulous (just look at the hit he put on webkey) again, potential, but yet to deliver. One shot on Webcke? Pfft, he also got punished by Hoppa. Nothing to write home about.
plus Vella(Australian rep), Lowrie, I.Hindmarsh(Country honors), Cannings, Taia, and affamasaga (has signed with Manly) (now thats depth) waiting in the wings

Now that is a very harsh assessment of Parra's pack, but honestly... take out Hindmarsh and then Cayless and it is a group of players that either hasn't delivered in years, or is currently holding a 'potential' tag.

Parra's strength is obviously their outside backs. They won't win too many games in the forwards, and the halves are inconsistent - but the rest of their backline is lethal. That's what JT understood.

MSIH

Bench
Raider_69 said:

Watmough > Costigan
Menzies > Any Canberra nuff (TLL for your example)
Matai > Tongue
Kite > Weyman

You've got nothing.

I'd take Weyman and TLL for the bench and that is all. Actually Weyman > King with ease. That is all.

lucablight

First Grade
I think Caylo may have got a little carried away there and while I understand some of your assessments of those players if you think Moimoi is an overrated thug then you're sadly mistaken.

MSIH

Bench
Raider_69 said:
my mistake... sharkies... they'd make your team easier then they would the eagles!!
The players i mentioned, i think would without a doubt be in the mix for every team in the comp's top 17. And IMO make most of them... the broncos, storm and bulldogs have strong packs, past that i think they'd all be there.

Haha, your starters could make some bench spots. That is all.

willvillain

Juniors
lucablight said:
I think Caylo may have got a little carried away there and while I understand some of your assessments of those players if you think Moimoi is an overrated thug then you're sadly mistaken.

Perhaps, but he is overrated. Thug might be harsh, though he is building that sort of reputation...

Latest posts