What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best team to never win a premiership?

Tidus_Raider

Bench
DJ1 said:
I would have to say that the Roosters teams over the 5 years from 2000 to 2004 would have to be the best teams to never win a real premiership.

Well, they have the chance to put the record straight ths sunday.

eelsta

Bench
Tidus_Raider said:
DJ1 said:
I would have to say that the Roosters teams over the 5 years from 2000 to 2004 would have to be the best teams to never win a real premiership.

Well, they have the chance to put the record straight ths sunday.
AND THE WILL ;-) ;-)

Red Bear

Referee
I hate to admit it but yes, both those manly teamms in 95 and 97 shoulda won it, they were the best teams(but we thashed them 41-8 at North Sydney Oval that year when Flo got his ten out of ten in RLW :D )

Special K

Coach
Parra 01
Sharks 99
Norths 97 is a stand out one for them - I can't believe they never made a gf in the 90s. They had a awesome side. Looking back on paper names like seers, dallas, Buettner and Ikin the side doesn't look so great but back then they were very good. I remember one day in the late 90s when I went to NSO with my grandpa and saw Flo kill Manly geez that was good :lol: but yeah how did they not even make a gf!

Newcastle has a pretty good side in the year 2000 with Fairleigh and Matty there but Brisbane were better.

carlnz

Bench
Best team to never win a Premiership??? Can hardly be a team that choked in the Grand Final.......

Kaz

junior
Charlie Saab said:
Gould went nuts and "threatened" to bring his team off the field...but he said later it was to draw the fans attention to him and not the referee.

Sigh

Nothing has changed over the years.

greentooth

Juniors
If only Stuart hadn't of got injured in the 2nd last round we could have had the Raiders v Broncos GF everyone was after.

Parra 2001 and Manly 1995 were statistically great sides but both were completely outclassed in the grand final. Manly didn't even score a try in the 95 GF and Parra were never in it after they were blown away in the first half.

I would say Tigers 89. Cruised into the GF and lost it in extra time to a very determined Raiders side.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parra 2001.

BTW

Dice, you have know idea, you don't break point scoring records/defensive records unless you have a brillant side.

If you think they were over-rated still....then that doesn't say much about your Roosters of last year and this?.

Also the 95 Manly side, brillant side, and hate to say it but i still love watching that particular side play on old tapes i have.

2002 Canterbury side cannot be included imo, they were only that dominate as they broke the salary cap by something like $800,000, no wonder they were so dominate.

Knightmare

Coach
South Sydney 1969
Western Suburbs 1978 (If Hartley wasn't ref, the Magpies would've been Premiers)
South Sydney/ Balmain 1989 (Can't split them)
Canberra 1993
Manly 1995
Parramatta 2001

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
Knightmare said:
South Sydney 1969
Western Suburbs 1978 (If Hartley wasn't ref, the Magpies would've been Premiers)
South Sydney/ Balmain 1989 (Can't split them)
Canberra 1993
Manly 1995
Parramatta 2001

Do you mean Sharks 1978? or maybe Wests and the Sharks because the Sharks were ROBBED on that day.

Knightmare

Coach
Wests were the Minor Premiers that year, although I will agree Cronulla didn't get a fair run either.

gregstar

Referee
parra 2001
saints / sharks 1999
raiders 1995
raiders 1993
souths 1989
saints 1985
manly 1983
wests 1978
souths 1969

I thought the raiders of 95 because from memory the won the minor premiership only losing 2 games than bowed out of the semis below form
Saints / sharks both had hot teams in 99
souths likewise 89
saints were raging hot favourites in 85