What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best tries of 2006

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Who did that put down for Canberra... Was it Schif with the whole body hanging out bar the ball???

The Stewart try was an absolute pearler. As much as it pains you Tigers fans, it was like a thief in the night. He had no right to score that try let alone catch the ball in the wet. Sensational stuff.

Azkatro

First Grade
I don't mean to offend those that like the Souths try, but it's rubbish. Although I have never been a fan of tries where a team is attacking close to the line, and because they have no ideas they just throw it around, the ball fumbles to ground, the defense waits, and they keep just lollying the ball to each other until someone finds a way through - that is not pretty to watch!

Sugar

Bench
Azkatro said:
I don't mean to offend those that like the Souths try, but it's rubbish. Although I have never been a fan of tries where a team is attacking close to the line, and because they have no ideas they just throw it around, the ball fumbles to ground, the defense waits, and they keep just lollying the ball to each other until someone finds a way through - that is not pretty to watch!
would you rather see a try scored from diving over from dummy half? i like seeing tries scored from set plays from a scrum or tap,cronulla put on a couple before they choked against the panthers

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Azkatro said:

Its called the school yard play.
Souths practise it all the time it just happened to work for once

Parra Guru

Coach
mxlegend99 said:
Dragons vs Dogs - Round 19
Mark Gasnier after a brilliant linebreak and stepping a few defenders. Solo effort and showed his pace and linebreak skills. To those who say he can only carve up a crappy, out of form team... i'd say they're wrong.

Yeps, this is the one I was thinking of

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Billy Slater and Cam Smith in the game against the Sharks and Inglis's try against the Raiders on the weekend.

Big Pete

Referee
Iosia Soliola's try against the Sharks deserves a mention.

Goes from one side, offloads, Amos finally gets it chips it beautifully for Soliola who grabs it and scores.

bjm8

Juniors
Thought i'd bring up one that hasnt been mentioned, Heighington try vs Newcastle at Cambo rd 10. More Benji brilliance...

effnic

Bench
innsaneink said:
The circumstances make Brett Stewarts last minute try against us what it was, if it occured mid game it wouldnt rate a mention.

tiger_nick said:
I dont think Stewarts try against the Tiges was that great. Any try in the final minutes to win a game will be memorable however there was an awful amount of luck involved in that one. I agree with Ink in that the one against the Knighhts had more skill and was better to watch. If you played them after each other to someone who didnt know the game circumstances I'm pretty sure they'd pick the Knights one.

Cant believe you tigers fans still have sour grapes over that game get over it actually get over 2006 all together, i still wish to this day we lost that game tigers fans are the sorest losers out of any team in the nrl and i would rather of lost than to hear the pathetic crying threads after that game on how you were robbed.

redandgreenduck

Juniors
chileman said:
Brett Stewarts last minute try against the Wests Tigers to win the game at Brookie!
Picking up a bouncing bomb is positional luck....not the best try of the year...you biased moron:sarcasm:

tiger_nick

Bench
effnic said:
Cant believe you tigers fans still have sour grapes over that game get over it actually get over 2006 all together, i still wish to this day we lost that game tigers fans are the sorest losers out of any team in the nrl and i would rather of lost than to hear the pathetic crying threads after that game on how you were robbed.

Where did either of us blame the ref you f*ckwit?? It was a LUCKY try. Yes Stewart did great to hold onto it but that bounce was a 1 in 20. The try beforehand where Kennedy offloaded whilst carrying 3 defenders was 100 times more skilled.

Stewarts try was no more skillfull then Benjis one last year off Princes banana kick at Leichhardt Oval. Do you remember that one? They were basically exactly the same. I didnt see yourself creaming your pants over that one

effnic

Bench
tiger_nick said:
Stewarts try was no more skillfull then Benjis one last year off Princes banana kick at Leichhardt Oval. Do you remember that one? They were basically exactly the same. I didnt see yourself creaming your pants over that one
Tonight on the footy show the number 3 try of the year went to storm try in the last minute of the game which was off a kick and lucky bounce, so are you saying the footy show has it wrong and just the tigers fans are right?

innsaneink

Referee
effnic said:
Tonight on the footy show the number 3 try of the year went to storm try in the last minute of the game which was off a kick and lucky bounce, so are you saying the footy show has it wrong and just the tigers fans are right?

And what did Sterlo say about it?
"More for the situation."

Pretty much what I was saying about Stewarts, ...."circumstance more than anything else"

No ones denying they werent great tries...both of them...but things other than pure football combine to make them memorable....
But some Manly fans are too precious to see that.