What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better Game: Eels/Dogs or Rooters/Warriors?

What was the better game?

• Total voters

Corbin

Juniors
Moffo said:
Everyone this morning is saying they were the best two games of the last few years​

Which one was better? This was the first weekend of the year I had some time to watch all the game so i'm feeling pretty lucky this morning​

Cheers,

Moffo​

Honestly you had a great thread and poll up could you at least of got the roosters part right without being a wanker about it?

Red Bear

Referee
I listened to both on radio and i'd go roosters warriors, wish it was on tv instead o frigging brisbane.
Sounded like the most exciting game since Anzac day in 2004

Eelementary

Post Whore
Timmah said:
Stick to commenting on what you know. We've played far better on many occasions. At our best we would've lapped your mob.

We haven't reached our peak this season, and yet we currently sit comfortably in third spot. Yet at full strength you would have lapped us?

On topic - Warriors-Roosters.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm attempting to refute the stupid suggestion we played our best game of the season on Friday. Far from the truth TBH

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fair enough. I can't comment on any other team but Parramatta because I haven't watched them closely enough, but in my opinion, the Eels haven't peaked just yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see Canterbury improve drastically, to be honest.

Timmah

Staff member
With about 3-4 returnees this week and Mase not too far off the horizon I think we'll turn right starting this week with Canberra.

Not counting on it though - we are playing at home :lol:

OVP

Coach
Eelementary said:
Fair enough. I can't comment on any other team but Parramatta because I haven't watched them closely enough, but in my opinion, the Eels haven't peaked just yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see Canterbury improve drastically, to be honest.

I couldnt agree more with your comment there Eelamentary. I dont see the Dogs gettting their big players back in time to make a proper assault. And i think now that a team like the Warriors has moved on from being a "dark horse" to possibly one of the biggest threats of all. I see the Eels now as being THE TRUE dark horse of the comp ... on their day, they can SMASH ANYONE. This comp is well and truly alive and thank god for that ... its already been 10 times better than last year for the simple reason that their is now 2 truly dominant teams, and 10 others who could possibly upset the applecart. Even Souths could throw a spanner in the works from 8th spot... who knows.

caylo

Bench
Timmah said:
With about 3-4 returnees this week and Mase not too far off the horizon I think we'll turn right starting this week with Canberra.

Not counting on it though - we are playing at home :lol:

Timmah get used to the dogs fighting to make the 8, because that isn't going to change for a while. You have a useless backline with tonga the best of an average bunch. Pattern is consistent, but lacks any real punch. You have even more useless halves, why fokes is picking Roberts is beyond me, he touches the ball maybe twice against us, he is a waste of space. Holdsworth deserves his spot, he has a far superior kicking and passing games and get more involved. Your bright light is your forward pack, which is dwindling away. Your forward pack will keep you guys in most matches, but against any team with a hint of class like Parramatta, Melbourne, Manly (i dread to say that), Brisbane, Cowboys (at full strength) you guys will be lapped. You are not a premiership contender, and are rated purely on reputation. With OMealy gone next year i don't see much hope for you guys.

Plus Mason comment that you guys beat a full strength eels outfit. You had your Fullback out, and so did we, You had your leading hard man Mason out and so did we (cayless). You had OMealy out, we had Wagon and Cordoba. We beat you with 2 rookie forward off the bench both played a combined total of 10 games, and to non-representative Props. We beat you guys up front, and you can't cop it because your piss week blind one eyed bulldog scum.

On the topic i have no comment i haven't seen the warriors game, i was very impressed with the intensity in the Eels/Dogs game.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Timmah said:
I'm attempting to refute the stupid suggestion we played our best game of the season on Friday. Far from the truth TBH

No no i agree. Your best two matches were agaisnt Penrith. Sh*t season.

Timmah

Staff member
No no i agree. Your best two matches were agaisnt Penrith. Sh*t season.

Your contributions are vapid at best.

Timmah get used to the dogs fighting to make the 8, because that isn't going to change for a while. You have a useless backline with tonga the best of an average bunch. Pattern is consistent, but lacks any real punch. You have even more useless halves, why fokes is picking Roberts is beyond me, he touches the ball maybe twice against us, he is a waste of space. Holdsworth deserves his spot, he has a far superior kicking and passing games and get more involved. Your bright light is your forward pack, which is dwindling away. Your forward pack will keep you guys in most matches, but against any team with a hint of class like Parramatta, Melbourne, Manly (i dread to say that), Brisbane, Cowboys (at full strength) you guys will be lapped. You are not a premiership contender, and are rated purely on reputation. With OMealy gone next year i don't see much hope for you guys.

Plus Mason comment that you guys beat a full strength eels outfit. You had your Fullback out, and so did we, You had your leading hard man Mason out and so did we (cayless). You had OMealy out, we had Wagon and Cordoba. We beat you with 2 rookie forward off the bench both played a combined total of 10 games, and to non-representative Props. We beat you guys up front, and you can't cop it because your piss week blind one eyed bulldog scum.

Useless backline? City & NSW winger, best goalkicker in the game, Patten lacks punch? :lol: Holdsworth doesn't deserve sh*te, as a Bulldogs supporter I've had the chance to watch all Premier League games and his form in them is questionable at best.

I'll agree we're rated purely on reputation but a team winning ugly has made it's way and plonked itself into the top eight - and any team on their day can win the big one.

We had our fullback out and so did you? Your FB replacement was a NSW and possible Australian player FFS. Our replacement was a drop-ball merchant who has NO confidence in attacking the loose ball. Comparing Wagon (a lock) and Cordoba (a benchie) to O'Meley (an state and international rep).

:lol: In case you missed it - your "rookie forwards" beat our rookie forwards - Hickey and Armit.

We beat you guys in Round 8 and you beat us in Round 21. When did I say I can't cop it, you were certainly the better side on the day.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
I honestly believe we have only really seen the best of Parra this year in about 2-3 games.

The latest Dogs and Tigers game and also the first half of the Manly game. Our problem has been consistency. The problem with Parramatta is which one is going to turn up and normally so far this year one thing i have noticed is we drop off in the second half.

Also losing the previous leading pointscorer in the comp has not helped.

As for the better game it sounds like the Warriors-Roosters one was although i did not get a chance to see it.

Timmah

Staff member
I dont see the Dogs gettting their big players back in time to make a proper assault.

Like O'Meley and Utai this week and Mason v Storm in a fortnight? :lol:

eels_fan_01

Bench
Timmah said:
Despite the fact it's painfully obvious you're a sore winner?

The only thing painfull is your attempt to somehow say that if Bulldogs play like they agaisnt someone else they would have beaten the Eels. Who gives a sh*t. Oh if Eels played like 17 jesus's we would have beaten Melbourne.

Ice777

Bench
OVP said:
I see the Eels now as being THE TRUE dark horse of the comp ... on their day, they can SMASH ANYONE.

I agree with that, but it's also fair to say that ANY team can smash any other on their day and that's exactly why the premiership race is wide open. Also Parra aren't a dark horse, IMO they're in the top 3 legitmite premiership contenders.

caylo

Bench
Timmah said:
Useless backline? City & NSW winger, best goalkicker in the game, Patten lacks punch? :lol: Holdsworth doesn't deserve sh*te, as a Bulldogs supporter I've had the chance to watch all Premier League games and his form in them is questionable at best.

I'll agree we're rated purely on reputation but a team winning ugly has made it's way and plonked itself into the top eight - and any team on their day can win the big one.

We had our fullback out and so did you? Your FB replacement was a NSW and possible Australian player FFS. Our replacement was a drop-ball merchant who has NO confidence in attacking the loose ball. Comparing Wagon (a lock) and Cordoba (a benchie) to O'Meley (an state and international rep).

:lol: In case you missed it - your "rookie forwards" beat our rookie forwards - Hickey and Armit.

We beat you guys in Round 8 and you beat us in Round 21. When did I say I can't cop it, you were certainly the better side on the day.

Hayne did not replace Burt, Inu did. Hayne just shifted from the wing to fullback to accomidate the injury. You can also argue that it would have affected the team greater because any balance was broken. Burt was replaced by a bloke who has played 12 games all year. Your rookie Armitt has been in the NRL for 4-5 years now. I dunno how that is rookie to be honest. Also Wagon is a state rep who made the Australian Squad, and Cordoba is an important player in our team, i think having them both out is equivlant to you guys having one player out. Anyway the more important fact is that Mason claimed we were at full strength, with is just plain wrong. I think full strength we have a far superior team and would put you guys to bed without doubt.