What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better Game: Eels/Dogs or Rooters/Warriors?

What was the better game?

• Total voters

pantherz9103

First Grade
Ice777 said:
I agree with that, but it's also fair to say that ANY team can smash any other on their day and that's exactly why the premiership race is wide open. Also Parra aren't a dark horse, IMO they're in the top 3 legitmite premiership contenders.

The preliminary final seems to be too big a mental hurdle for the Eels. I'm still backing a Melbourne-Manly decider.

I don't rate the Bulldogs, I wonder how many Panther fans would, since we can beat them twice even when we look spoon bound :p

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
caylo said:
Hayne did not replace Burt, Inu did. Hayne just shifted from the wing to fullback to accomidate the injury. You can also argue that it would have affected the team greater because any balance was broken. Burt was replaced by a bloke who has played 12 games all year.

So you are saying that the Eels were weakened on Friday night by having Inu playing.. That will dead set do me..

HevyDevy

Coach
Beavers Headgear said:
I enjoyed the skill in the Eels v Dogs better personally

However for me the game of the season is still Manly v Melbourne at Brookvale, that was awesome, finals type footy.

Actually yes, that was a cracker

HevyDevy

Coach
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
manu's benefit of the doubt when you couldn't see if he dropped it or not? the forward pass? f**king, dead set people on here are clueless

roosters game because it had a 16-0 lead then the opposition fight back and lead by 12 then we hit the lead then lose it. more drama.

Yes master.

Manu's try had to be given - that's what benefit of the doubt is in case you'd missed it.

The other was a forward pass, yes.

As I said before there is a difference between quality and drama. One had more quality, the other had more drama.

caylo

Bench
Cockadoodledoo said:
So you are saying that the Eels were weakened on Friday night by having Inu playing.. That will dead set do me..

Hayne would have been on the wing, and his defence is much better than Inu. With Inu on the wing i don't think we lose anything relay than if hayne was there. They are both probably equally in ability. I think we gain alot with Hayne at fullback, alot of people will disagree with me, thinking Burt is a better support player, but i think hayne looks more dangerous with the ball in hand. So no i don't think we were weakend by having Inu there but i was making a point. Timmah claims OMealy was gone, etc etc. But OMealys been out for over a month, and before than wasn't in great form and yet he claims they have lost a NSW and Australian prop. I can't help it that we have good depth. Inu is a freak and i have known it for years, Mateo similar. We produce some of the best outside backs in the comp, and are now seeing the benifits.

I'm trying to shut Timmah up, and i am very very very concerned when people come out and claim we are full strength when we have lost our best player this year (Cayless), and his backup (Cordoba). Parramatta beat the dogs in the forwards, we dominated them, and let our classy backs do their thing. Had Cayless and Cordoba been there e would have done the dogs by 50, and had Mason, OMealy, and Patten been playing we still would have won by plenty. We had to established (but not great) props playing, and two rookies who made their debue earlyer this year. Pretty much Hindmarsh (nathan) and Fui (plus robenson-but he is solid at best) were our only reognised experianced firstgraders. The dogs still had SBW, Ryan, Matuia, Plus armitt who is solid and played in the NRL for atleast 4 years.

miccle

Bench
Eels/Dogs.

Warriors/Roosters game was definitely the most entertaining - but I don't class that as the better game. Some horrible defence and big calls from the ref.

I liken it to many Queensland Cup games I've watched over the years that finish up 44-40 or something similar.

Suspence, excitement and plenty of flair... but not much else. Dogs/Eels was much better quality rugby league imo.

eels_fan_01

Bench
miccle said:
Eels/Dogs.

Warriors/Roosters game was definitely the most entertaining - but I don't class that as the better game. Some horrible defence and big calls from the ref.

I liken it to many Queensland Cup games I've watched over the years that finish up 44-40 or something similar.

Suspence, excitement and plenty of flair... but not much else. Dogs/Eels was much better quality rugby league imo.

Andrew Ryan called it a game of "touch footy" though.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Both were excellent games to watch and both had moments that didn't need to happen.

For the sheer adrenaline and constant heart stopping action Warriors v Roosters. Two of the form teams.

The Dogs v Eels game had some brilliant moments and pitted two wonderful sides against each other.

Also a draw is not something that happens all the time in the NRL and when it does it is usually because there was something fascinating in the match. (dud officials aside).

Also want to add the one point win the Storm had on Monday. Another great game.

I think the Warriors/Roosters had great bite. Nail-biting nerves that is.

effnic

Bench
Beavers Headgear said:
I enjoyed the skill in the Eels v Dogs better personally

However for me the game of the season is still Manly v Melbourne at Brookvale, that was awesome, finals type footy.
Yep agree. You cant beat 1 v 2 with going right down to the 80th min with 1 point in it at the end.

eels_fan_01

Bench
effnic said:
Yep agree. You cant beat 1 v 2 with going right down to the 80th min with 1 point in it at the end.

That was a excellent game dont get me wrong i just think the Storm didnt "storm" out of the blocks in that match. Thats why i think Warriors/Roosters was better.

goboggo

Juniors
As stated - it depends on what you're looking at.

Eels v Dogs - better game.
Warriors v Roosters - more dramatic.

ps - Any Dogs fans that is making his or her decision based on the "we can play better" argument is a fool. The Eels didn't let you play better. We didn't drop the ball in the second half. The only reason that you got down our end is some lucky penalties late in the tackle count. Give it up - your team is nowhere near as good as they were, and - this is important to realise - injuries are a part and parcel of football. If you balance the salary cap out well and have good players coming through your system that you haven't had to buy off other clubs (ie like Parra) you will always have decent replacements.

melon....

Coach
Dutchy said:
If Dogs played as good as they played against us when they beat us at Brooky...or even when we beat them at Telstra..they would of smacked Parra.
Exactly. i cant believe Im agreeing with a Manly fan AND Timah!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Has Finch turned all Parra fans except eelavation into spastics?

caylo

Bench
Melon Finch has played consistantly, he is doing alot of good clean up work at the back. hE isn't Thurston or Lockyer, but be is playing alright. Long kicking game still sh*ts me, and his passing game isn't as crisp and timmys, but he is one of the better 5-8s in NSW to be honest. (not that their is much comp)

eels_fan_01

Bench
melon.... said:
Exactly. i cant believe Im agreeing with a Manly fan AND Timah!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Yeah alright. If Tigers played like they did in the 2005 they would have beaten the Titans. Seriously who gives a sh*t.

Why would Finch turn us into spastics?

goboggo

Juniors
melon.... said:

Finch is a big reason why we are where we are. His defence is great, he's always covering grubbers, and - most importantly - he leads the kick chase EVERY TIME he's not the one kicking.

Plus he and Tim Smith are working well together.

Roosters fans can carry on all they like about Finch, but here's the real story:

Canberra - decent player, everyone raving about his potential.
Roosters - up and down, got switched around a lot by the coach, never settled, became like Ricky - a whinger - on the field. Lambasted by fans, one of the reasons being that he told them to stick it because they were always negative about him and the team.
Parra - playing well again.

Hmmmm, now was it the player, or the environment?

I know one thing's for sure - barring injury Finch will be playing in the Finals. Again.