What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big game this Friday

Divine

Bench
I just hope a few ol' Tiger fans make it out to Jubilee Oval for what should be the match of the round come Friday night.

SerbDragon

Coach
Agree with the tigs fans, they've picked up their game when it comes to defence.

Should be a cracker me thinks. Thank god its at Kogarah, give us some Red V FFS!

Gaba

First Grade
the dragons are capable of keeping marshall quiet, the tigers dont wont much once marshall is kept quiet .Tigers are a bit like the eels shut down thier main attacking player, the others wont hurt, but the tigers have more fire power then the eels. But dragons should be able to handle them.

Another thing the tigers do have is sheens and his game plans , if sheens sits on the sideline could be bad news he will make sure his game plans will get executed.

I would be more confident if i see sheens in the coaching box

Last edited:

ShaiGuY

First Grade
Yeah, agreed.

I think the 50 nil is more tongue in cheek referring to game in June 2004 at jubilee where we won 50 zip with gasnier scoring 4 tries in 60 minutes and piggy scoring a great try at full time to bring up the fifty with him giving the 5 O with his hands in the post try celebration. Link here:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/20/1087669837436.html?from=storylhs

no diff to the kitten fans coming in here and talking about 2005.

Anyhow, my prediction: 16 nil. Wouldn't be surprised if we are primed for a massive defensive effort this wk.

The Dragons are due a slip up. The Tigers are the sort of team that will do it.

Could go either way. Dragons aren't as good as they appear imo. If they had another coach that squad wouldn't be top of the table. Sheens is exactly the sort of coach to create a game plan to shake the Dragons up, and as seen in their few losses this year, once they begin to crumble they fade.

Should be a good game. I'm not confident, but I'm not dreading it either.

You don't watch any games other than Dragons game admit it.

The Tigers have conceded an average of 8 points over the past 4 games.

I agree witht he slip up part of what you said..Tigers are NOT the team to do that, it's either going to be Canberra or Souths... Wabbits have the wood on us...
Raiders game at Canberra Round 24 will make or break our season...

innsaneink

Referee
WestsTigers defence lets in 2-3 more tries than we do
The have beaten Manly at home in game 1 but apart from that
The Warriors, Raiders x 2, Dogs, Eels, Cowboys and Knights are the only teams that they have bested.
Their ambitious and free style of play and high skill levels can score a lot of points against sides that don’t a highly organised defence
The Dragons rock solid defence should keep them in check and we should grind out another win. I’d say a scoreline of 24-12 is feasible but who can pick anything in the NRL

That sounds a lot like your most recent opponents too.
Fact is youve beaten one top eight team in the last two months. (they mustve been on uppers that day)

Wests 26 - Steelers 16

Vic Mackey

Referee
its funny that all dragons memories are of regular round matches....

oh and gasnier may have made fitzhenry, elford, john wilson and halatau his bitch, but never chris lawrence. lawrence is actually a superb defender now and has been for about 2 years

Last edited:

grandorient

Bench
Dragons by a few, superb defence, and our attack is getting more interesting.

Friday night, home ground, hard game for the Tigers last week; too much going for us. On top of that, players like Priddis, showing form of yesteryear. Prior showing good form, there's so much happening at the Dragons at the moment; I'm excited.

GO

gronkathon

First Grade
I hope it is a good contest. So often these high table clashes turn out to fizzle into a nothing.

I think St George fans seem to underestimate our ability to grind. That and Saints are nowhere near the size and power of the Canberra pack which will go into our favour a little.

Injury and the short turnaround is a concern and the fact we played such a physical team on Sunday.

No excuses either way. We need to turn up switched on and see what happens.

The most damming statistic is how good Bennett's records is against Sheens coached sides.

Bring on Friday

Gaba

First Grade
it will be a contest because sheens is known to come up with the game plans, thats why i would feel better if sheens isnt on the sideline because if sheens on the sideline it will intimidate his side to execute those plans, better then they would if he was in the coaching box.

Thats why i would feel more confident if sheens in the coaching box, imo sheens isnt the coach as an opposition side would like to see sitting on the sideline

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
So, to sum up, you're saying it's better for us if Sheens is in fact sitting in the coaches box and not on the sideline.

Godz Illa

Coach
i hope dean young is fit to play, a bigger spastic in first grade i have not seen.
Sorry to hear your own career feel short of first grade Vic

We've missed Dean the last two weeks. He's shown some great form since his well-deserved selection in the City-Country game ahead of that whinging pom Chris Heighington . Speaking of spasticity, did anyone see old Heighno bomb a certain try on Sunday by dropping the simplest of balls? lols

Gaba

First Grade
So, to sum up, you're saying it's better for us if Sheens is in fact sitting in the coaches box and not on the sideline.
lol yep , in saying that the dragons win would probably be even better if sheens was on the sideline, shows they can handle the pressure from the opposition coach intimidation.

its funny that all dragons memories are of regular round matches....

oh and gasnier may have made fitzhenry, elford, john wilson and halatau his bitch, but never chris lawrence. lawrence is actually a superb defender now and has been for about 2 years

I Can't recall a game with Lawrence and Gaz matched up with each other?
oh wait 2006... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iizZzEbkmbw two soffest opening tries i've ever seen...who's side was it down? LAWRENCE lol he was lucky Gaz was attacking the other side...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I Can't recall a game with Lawrence and Gaz matched up with each other?
oh wait 2006... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iizZzEbkmbw two soffest opening tries i've ever seen...who's side was it down? LAWRENCE lol he was lucky Gaz was attacking the other side...

Lawrence was a terrible defender back then, that was his first year in first grade.

He had improved out of sight over the last 18 months and IMO is one of the better defensive centres in the NRL.

Gaba, what the hell does it matter if Sheens sits in the coaching box or on the sideline? FWIW he usually comes to the sideline halfway through the second half of most games.

Ribs

Bench
i hope dean young is fit to play, a bigger spastic in first grade i have not seen.

Exit Sharks geniuss.....enter Tigers geniuss.

I'd say Fitzhenry is close to the simplest genius to pull on a footy jumper that I've seen. Just in front of Gibbs.

Latest posts