What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Matty v Big Fat

Is that a direct quote? FFS

Even if Johns did say that, I don't see the problem.
They offered him a contract, he said what he wanted, they said no, so he knocked it back.
Shit like this happens all the time.

If it is true,Johns deadset needs to get over himself.

Big Pete

Referee
He's there during half time and pre-games at least, I didn't mention commentating and wouldn't have him doing that either. We already have one senile commentator we don't need two.

I completely misread your post - I thought you said he shouldn't be around Origin games.

Carry on.

Why do you say that? Why would he sign up for something he doesn't want to do?
They made him an offer, he negotiated and they failed to come to an agreement. No big deal really.

because he has stated he wont work with Vautin,for a dude who's show did not last more than a year,his own self importance is out of control.

POPEYE

Coach
because he has stated he wont work with Vautin,for a dude who's show did not last more than a year,his own self importance is out of control.

He does appear egocentric . . . and he's not joking. Appears getting away with something once so why not go the whole hog runs in the family

cleary89

Coach

Maybe you should read some of the 1000 articles you post daily, then you might not make such idiotic statements.

no name

Coach

So you think he should have done something he didn't want to do?

I actually think he has shown a bit of integrity by knocking it back. He could have taken the easy $ and sat back and done whatever they said. Instead he stated what was required for him to sign up.

Mr Saab

Referee
I am happy Johns turned town channel 9. I dont want to see him on tv at all. Also it is a bit rich of Singo to call Vautin an average first grader.....if he was average then what the hell was M Johns?

Tiger_Gold

Juniors
Anybody seen Nines new promo for the footy show this year?
Theres a video of it on the telegraph website.

They are using this whole matty johns / singleton thing as a promo while showing clips from previous years episodes of the footy show. This is EXACTLY what Johns was talking about. Its the same old show with the same crap every week and already it looks like this year wont be any different.

Redback71

First Grade
the two footy shows if they return on One leave most other shows for dead, if your after pure footy talk.

eozsmiles

Bench
I wrote a couple of posts yesterday saying how the footy show's on TV need a more journalistic approach rather than getting well known boot heads to run the show. Today Matty Johns was in the paper saying "The Footy Show" needs a more journalistic approach.
I might retract my earlier statements.

Mr Saab

Referee
When Johns was on the Roast he was USELESS. All he would do was agree wth Gus, and i recall times when Johns would say something and Gus would basically say he was wrong.
Johns should stick to his VERY VERY unfunny voices on radio.....god they are bad, but then that is not suprising as Johns has never ever been funny IMO.

drake

First Grade
Many years ago I was walking through Parramatta mall on my lunch break when I was approached by Matthew Johns holding a mic and a channel Nein cameraman.
Johns says G'day and asks me what I think of the Footy Show.

"Thursday or Sunday?" I ask.

"Let's go with Thursday mate," says Matty with a grin.

"Too much bullshit, not enough football," I reply to our mate. He looks at me, bemused.
"Really?" Matt asks.
"Yeah mate," I say, my own grin growing. "I don't wanna watch ex-comedians play football, and I don't wanna watch ex-footballers play comedian, but I know which would be funnier!"

I didn't make the TV edit.

Shit show. Choice between Matt Johns and Fatty Vautin is like a choice between getting punched in the face or punched in the nuts.

Bigfella

Coach
What about the wird slightly aggressive sexual innuendo in everything he does?

Weird bloke whose ego is back skyrocketing out of control after a brief period of compulsory humility.

Loudstrat

Coach
There is a big difference in how both brothers have handled their TV careers. Matthew Johns has tried to play the funnyman - and got a small hit with Reg Regan - and ran it to death. The TV people knew he had talent in front of the mic, but ego has stopped in the way of the constructive criticism that would come in bucket loads to an untrained person in such a field. As a result, he has been kicked off one network and had a show cancelled on another. Unemployed -he is offered his own job back on a massive wage - and knocks it back.

Andrew is less of a talent behind the mic but is warning to his task and generally plays it straight (except for some off the cuff banter). As a result he is still employed, shows no sign of being sacked, and doesnt care about what creative control he gets of not.

To me, Matthew played in the shadow of his younger brother, and really struggled to emerge from it. All the "bargearse" bullsh*t directed at his brother was his own inferiority complex showing. If he just gave up and stopped having to be bigger than Joey he'd realise how f*cking lucky he is to have been offered $1 million every 2 years.

I guess that's the difference between Matthew and Fatty.

As for Singos comments - neither of them were good enough to play for Parra, and Singo was not good enough to drink there.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I'd dump The Footy Show myself. It's been dead as an idea for at least 5 years. It's an embarrassment to Channel Nine and the code. If that's the best we can do on a mainstream channel...

Latest posts