What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Matty v Big Fat

firechild

First Grade
They carry on the changing cameras too much and the constant fat fat fat shit from mario is gay, but was awesome when robbo was doing stuff to piss him off. Those balls in his car, covering everything in his office etc.

I haven't watched the footy show much in years but turning Mario's car into a ball pit was awesome. I think they need to keep the Mario stuff in the prerecorded category with Robbo's input. I agree the camera stuff and the whiped cream/flour stuff is a bit old.

adamkungl

Immortal
My favourite of all time panel was Fat, Sterlo, Johns and the Chief, I cannot see TFS matching this again, those were the days

Woeful lineup. Not only was it a Newcastle wankfest even more than usual for Ch9, Chief is not funny or interesting in any way.

If only we had some sort of example of Matt Johns having creative control over a show and then we could compare it to the Footy Show.

Wait a minute, there was that show called the Matt Johns show and it was an absolute pile of shit where he talked up the Knights and Storm and didn't say one positive word about the QLD teams all season. The guy literally picked against the Broncos every week when he was on TFS. His own show was so shit his deadbeat druggie scumbag brother who has been fired from 10 clubs as a skills coach didn't even want to be on it.

The last two days have just shown how highly Johns rates himself. Clearly delusional and possibly on drugs like his brother.

sooky la la

bottle

Coach
I don't watch it at all. If Johns was on it I'd watch it less.

The shows that were on One HD are the benchmark for FTA night time shows at present, and given that Blocker is a co-host on one of them that statement is a reflection of how poor the competition is. They actually discuss the game for the majority of the show, and mix up the invitees for a bit of variety. They even actually attempt to discuss real issues in the game and put the heat on interviewees. Staggering.

Hench

Juniors
I don't watch it at all. If Johns was on it I'd watch it less.

The shows that were on One HD are the benchmark for FTA night time shows at present, and given that Blocker is a co-host on one of them that statement is a reflection of how poor the competition is. They actually discuss the game for the majority of the show, and mix up the invitees for a bit of variety. They even actually attempt to discuss real issues in the game and put the heat on interviewees. Staggering.

I actually came to start watching The Game Plan on a regular basis towards the ends of the season.

And one thing I like is that they have a lot of different players come onto the show. As opposed to the TFS that has Benji and Sam Burgess who either can't construct a sentence or I can't understand and then have SBW on the show once a month when he's not even in rugby league anymore which really should piss off people more then what it does.

Hench

Juniors
Some Matty Johns 'highlights'.

circa 2006
- Milton Thaiday should be NSW fullback. *Milton was actually from Queensland*
- Darren Albert should be selected for NSW

circa 2010
- Timana Tahu was the best centre in the game before he left

2006 Week 2 of the finals. Brisbane up 24 - 6 after about 38 minutes. Johns pipes up from the sideline, "Newcastle came from behind 24-6 earlier this year and can do it again." At that time Berrigan goes through the middle, draws the fullback and gives it to Hunt who scores under the post. Johns was not heard from again for the rest of the game. :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
Chief Highlights

There should be a wildcard system that allows teams outside of the 8 to fight for a top 8 spot.

jackie-chan-meme.png

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Does anyone else think the footy show on Thursday's show be a lot more like the recently canned the league lounge ?

The footy show on thursdays was as stale as Bronwyn bishop's vagina 5 years ago. How could they possibly revamp it to make it watchable now ? Getting rid of fatty or bringing Matt johns back isn't going to save it.

M2D2

Bench
I havent watched an entire (thursday) footy show since Matty got punted, the shows quality just went down without him or sterlo on it...I dont even bother anymore, I just watch The Sunday Footy Show Into the Roast. And if ive got nothing on on Thursday i watch the show on One.

POPEYE

Coach
18 years . . . crikey. I watched the first show in anticipation of a great concept.

I watched the tenth or roundabout show to see if it had improved.

Maybe four or five years later when pissed I watched another show for about half an hour.

Well, I did watch the first episode of 'days of our lives' a hundred years ago so I should have known better . . . and it's still going as well I'm told

newman

First Grade
Every Thursday I roll home from the pub, sit on the couch, switch it on for five minutes, shake my head and then go to bed. I stopped doing that about 2 years ago and now I just bypass the whole charade and go to bed.

I did that when Johns was on it, and nothing could bring me back. Only reason I enjoyed it in the first place was I was about 14 years old in the mid 90s and didn't know about good pop culture.

Poor form bagging Vautin on his playing and coaching career,athough Channel 9 need new blood,but Johns is not the answer,his show was a train wreck.

docbrown

Coach
I think they need to keep the Mario stuff in the prerecorded category with Robbo's input. I agree the camera stuff and the whiped cream/flour stuff is a bit old.

Agreed. There's a few guys who should be stuck in the pre-recorded category.

There's no point having a taped segment followed by the same guy in the studio repeating the same jokes/lines we just heard.

docbrown

Coach
I actually came to start watching The Game Plan on a regular basis towards the ends of the season.

And one thing I like is that they have a lot of different players come onto the show. As opposed to the TFS that has Benji and Sam Burgess who either can't construct a sentence or I can't understand and then have SBW on the show once a month when he's not even in rugby league anymore which really should piss off people more then what it does.

It is my hope that we get a decent Sunday football show in the vein of the NFL reports on NBC.

Latest posts