What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Willie is the best forward in the world

Johns Magic

Referee
Timmah said:
The 'Dogs have been average?

Scoring an average of 27ppg is average? You guys are at 32ppg, yes, better than us, but 4th is hardly average. In fact, both our clubs points per game average is better than that of the Cowboys, who are first.

My point? Your club isn't doing that well. Losses to the Warriors, Storm and Cowboys so far have all been far from impressive. Not saying our boys are running rings around the comp, but to suggest we have been any less competitive than you, while maintaining the same ladder position is biased, cocky, a f**king dumb. Hope it comes back and bites you on the ass. Arrogant git.

5 wins over the Rabbitohs, Warriors, hopelessly out of form Canberra, Benji-less Tigers and the Roosters with almost their whole backline out. Pretty scratchy wins at that. A bye has also helped you up the ladder.

You came up against a couple of quality teams in the Knights and Sea Eagles and got your asses handed to you. Penrith beat you.

As said before, you've somehow managed to just get over the line in in a few matches.

Knights have already played the other 4 teams in the top 5.

Bulldogs have played three teams in the top 8, twice getting smashed, and one win against a Benji-less Tigers.

Let's see how the Dogs cope against some top opposition.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Balmain_Boy said:
Your mob was in top form against the Tigers. APart from that you've done enough to win and that's about it.

I think we hit great form against Sydney the other day, particularly that second half onslaught.

I know Newcastle have been more impressive, but when it comes down to it they're only better than us so far this year on F/A Differential.

Timmah

Staff member
You still have no point JM, our clubs are only separated by F&A.

At the end of the year if we've only scrappily won the most matches, we're still minor premiers (hypothetically)

A win is a win, and quite frankly anything can happen given the inconsistency of this comp. My club is 4th and getting there, don't you think that's slightly scary given that in a couple of weeks we'll have a full contingent?

Johns Magic

Referee
Timmah said:
You still have no point JM, our clubs are only separated by F&A.

At the end of the year if we've only scrappily won the most matches, we're still minor premiers (hypothetically)

A win is a win, and quite frankly anything can happen given the inconsistency of this comp. My club is 4th and getting there, don't you think that's slightly scary given that in a couple of weeks we'll have a full contingent?

I do have a point, you missed it.

Bulldogs are scraping in against crap teams. We have already played the top sides and are 3rd on the ladder.

When you've played quality sides this year, you've been belted.

To say you've been "as competitive as the Knghts" is just shoving your head in the sand to be honest. This isn't about the Knights, but the Bulldogs are a shade of their teams in previous years.

Sure you can "scrappily win most matches and still come minor premiers"...but if you keep playing as scrappy as you have been, you won't be in with a shot against the genuine premiership threats. You won't be able to bash and barge your way over them.

Oh, and we smashed the Dogs with an almost full contingent. Sonny-Bill was the only one out, and well...not even God himself would've won you that match.

Ben Roberts and Daniel Holdsworth in the halves...I'm scared :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
OK, be cocky and confident. And say goodbye to '06. I'll tell you now, you won't win.

Johns Magic

Referee
Timmah said:
OK, be cocky and confident. And say goodbye to '06. I'll tell you now, you won't win.

I never said we would, I'm just saying that we've been in better form this year than you have.

Either way, we have more of a chance than you.

Can you just imagine it?

Ben Roberts and Daniel Holdsworth - 2006 premiership winning halves :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
Hence why we still have Sherwin, back next week vs Cronulla.

Johns Magic

Referee
Timmah said:
Hence why we still have Sherwin, back next week vs Cronulla.

Shifty sh*tty Sherwin, back from a long spell in Reserve Grade. I think Ben Roberts is a better half than him nowadays.

Timmah

Staff member
He's won a premiership, and in form is a gun half.

Long spell in reserves? Shows how much you pay attention to anything outside the Knights, biased wanker.

He got injured in his 2nd or 3rd PL game, just when he was turning his form around. He returns next week against Cronulla from memory.

RABK

Referee
Does everyone of your posts have to have a pathetic childish insult in it Dodge?

Johns Magic

Referee
Timmah said:
He's won a premiership, and in form is a gun half.

Long spell in reserves? Shows how much you pay attention to anything outside the Knights, biased wanker.

He got injured in his 2nd or 3rd PL game, just when he was turning his form around. He returns next week against Cronulla from memory.

When was he last "in form" though? Him and Anasta were always a team in the halves who together would be able to do enough playmaking for their gun backline behind their outstanding forward pack. Sherwin can't handle it on his own, and it showed this season.

The forward pack is not what it was without Price, and the backline is lacking, with key players not anywhere near their '03/'04 standard.

Oh, Sherwin got injured did he? Sorry for not knowing that, please excuse me for not following the Bulldogs reserve grade side :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

RBK, You're like Howard testifying to the good character of Dubya - credibility of zero. You talk up your team all you like, and better still, write off ours. Can't wait to see your faces come September :D

Tommy Smith

Referee
*bump*

Tommy Smith said:
And the other thing i like about Mason is that he really, really steps up for big games. Almost Wally Lewis like (Big wrap). He was AWESOME in last years Origin series. He was DEVASTATING in the one before that. He won the Clive Churchill Medal in the 04 GF when he more than matched it with our great forward pack. And his performances for Aus have consistently been great.

I may have to reassess my opinion of Willie Mason. Saying he's the best forward in the world is an understatement.

First of all, he's a clear second to Andrew Johns as the best player in the world atm. On top of that he is potentially one of the best forwards of the modern era.

Big Willie is THAT good. Simply an awesome, destructive, unstoppable force. And he proved it again tonight in the biggest arena of all.

The Dominator

Juniors
What an absolute champion the big man is.

He donated his $2000 man of the match cheque to charity in the same way he does every single time he wins an award.

Is he a fool? Yes perhaps, but he is a fool with a heart of gold.

Fibroman

First Grade
Fibroman said:
He certainly has tremendous impact in attack and seems to lift a notch or two in the big games................but I think BK just shades him overall.

After tonights game, I am leaning towards Mason #1, BK #2.

Timmah

Staff member
Mason IS the best forward in the world, without a doubt. Very much moving up the all-time list, he will be a 'great'.

O'Meley was sensational when on the park as well tonight. If we win the premiership it will be because of Mason, and he'll be (the first?) to win double CC medals.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Timmah said:
Mason IS the best forward in the world, without a doubt. Very much moving up the all-time list, he will be a 'great'.

O'Meley was sensational when on the park as well tonight. If we win the premiership it will be because of Mason, and he'll be (the first?) to win double CC medals.
Clyde? Not sure.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Best prop in the world. SBW will be the best forward in the world without a doubt (injuries permitting). mason has size as his main assett, SBW has ability and toughness. At the moment Mason looks up for it but whether he can keep that up game after game is debateable.

aqua_duck

Coach
Mason just has this aura about him abit like Carl Webb, players can't handle him not only physically but psychologically.

Latest posts