What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Willie is the best forward in the world

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
CharlieF said:
As good as those forwards are, they have been overpowered by other packs already this year.

Yep, fair enough - thats whats good about the NRL. Plenty of quality players.

I would suggest that if all the Bulldogs forwards were firing, they'd be pretty much unstoppable.

[furrycat]

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
That was tongue in cheek. Obviously went straigh over your head, not suprised though.

Good luck when he retires?

Did anyoen see the two young blues halves lead the under 19's to victory last night.

Walsh and Mullen, future stars. Both Knights boys signed for a long time. Cheers.

Come on mate. We all know the difference between Under 19's, PL and FG.

Mullen has performed in PL... he's been sh*t in FG.

Don't get your hopes up yet.

CharlieF

Juniors
The Knights should look at what Manly did to the Dogs a few weeks back. They smashed their forwards and although Mason had a very good game that day, he was contained. They were also at full strength. The Knights should watch that game and repeat the dose.

RABK

Referee
sh*t in first grade, he's won 3 mom awards in about 15 first grade games. Not bad with Johns, Buderus and co running the show. And considering he came of the bench in two of those games.

You probably haven't even seen 5 minutes of the bloke so don't tlak sh*t.

[furrycat]

Coach
Haven't seen 5 mins? :lol:

I've been to all the EAS games this year- FG and PL.
I watched all the 2005 knights games on Fox back at home (due to the fact my dad was a huge supporter..)
So I saw more than 5 mins.

Don't make assumptions.

RABK

Referee
Well you said he has been sh*t in first grade - it's fair to make that assumption.

He has never been sh*t, he may have lacked a bit of impact but he has never been "sh*t". He always has a go and is quite often involved in a lot of our tries.

He has been solid with a few great performances and remember, he only plays about 20-40 minutes a game.

Tommy Smith

Referee
How did this thread become about the Knights and Jarrod Mullen?

It's supposed to be about NSW own rampaging bull. The one and only Willie Mason - now my favourite non-Rooster.

RABK

Referee
lol, we'll leave it at that. And before anyone says oh "it's RABK" it was actually Bulldogs supporters who went off topic.

Pigskin

Juniors
he is like "the big fat kid" in an U10's game

shame he is such a poor excuse for a human being, with no brain to boot

Oink !

Nook

Bench
Mason v Fielden at years end will be solid. It's up for grabs but on current form Mason is the best around, by a long way.

Cammo

Bench
Pigskin said:

Oink !

I wish all "poor excuses for a human being" would donate thier man of the match winnings to charity each time.

Some people just won't give credit where it's due. Mason has worked hard on his off field image lately, give the guy some credit for the hard work. Or is that too hard for you?

stuke

Bench
he is working hard on his off field image and it seems like it has had a positive effect on his on field performances too. he was sensational on Wednesday night - showing what he is capable of.

he seems more settled and taking a bigger role in everything this year. good luck to him.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
RABK said:
lol, we'll leave it at that. And before anyone says oh "it's RABK" it was actually Bulldogs supporters who went off topic.

RABK said:
Did anyone see the two young blues halves lead the under 19's to victory last night.

Walsh and Mullen, future stars. Both Knights boys signed for a long time. Cheers.

:lol:

Sure RABK, sure.

Pigskin said:

Oink !

Watch the "big fat kid" tear your backline apart tomorrow night - I know I'll enjoy it ;-)

The only poor excuse for a human being without a brain is north of the border and he's on the sideline now where he belongs - Justin Hodges. "Pick me or look silly" :lol:

Master Vippo

Juniors
Big Willie has it all now. Size speed and his offload is going great guns. Mat Bowen hardly slowed him down when he scored that try. Good on Willie, too bad he plays for the dogs..

Mr Saab

Referee
Willie is a great forward, and if he continues the way he is going he will surpass the likes of Tallis/Sironen as the best 2nd rower of the past 25 yrs.
Plenty wanted to bag him last yr because they thought he was crap (coming back from an injury, but people forget that).
Form is temporary...class is permanent and Willie Mason is class and then some.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:clap:

Well said Saab. Best of luck tomorrow. Wish I could make the trip up.

Mr Saab

Referee
Brisbane are in all sorts. No Webcke puts a dent up front and no hodges puts a dent in the backs. SBW in the centres could be ugly for the Bronx

Mr Saab

Referee
Read where i said "if he continues the way he is going....best 2nd rower"
Clyde is known as a lock...and top 3 all time he was at that position.

RABK

Referee
Yes but surpassing Sironen and Tallis is one thing, but Clyde is on a higher level then those two.

Clyde played as a lock but is selected in the backrow in most "all time" teams.