What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest anti-league nuffy in the Sydney media

Brutus said:
'Heaps' entered the category of "nuffy' today by praising AFL boss Andrew Demetriou for his handling of the West Coast Eagles' problems, mainly the Ben Cousins issue. Hughes has got to be kidding right? It's the friggin AFL's fault that crap like this has been allowed to occur in the first place.

He's the reason I stopped listening.

He spat the dummy something shocking after missing the radio rights and now he spends his time either critcising the NRL or crawling up AFL arses.

He makes me ill.

Brutus

Referee
I'm glad someone finally stuck it up the NRL on the radio rights issue regardless of self-interest.

But this continual praising of Demetriou is annoying the hell out me. He actually said today that the AFL deserves credit for offering to pay for Cousins' rehab. FARRRRRKKK!!!

Mr Saab

Referee
Brutus said:
I'm glad someone finally stuck it up the NRL on the radio rights issue regardless of self-interest.

But this continual praising of Demetriou is annoying the hell out him. He actually said today that the AFL deserves credit for offering to pay for Cousins' rehab. FARRRRRKKK!!!

That'll do me.
He is in the Gavin Robertson class for that effort.
Most stupid comment ever.

borat

Bench
What annoys me about Hughes is when he makes out he is voicing an opinion for the "good of the game" when he actually has enormous self and/or financial interest for e.g. when he is talking about his brother/Corey Hughes/The Bulldogs/radio rights.

But I happen to agree that the AFL should pay his rehab. The WC must have known he had a drug problem but prefered to sweep his misdemenours under the carpet rather than deal with them. The club chose to do this to help themselves and the only person this hurt in the end is Cousins.

So the question is should Cousins pay for it himself or the WC. Of course Cousins should pay for it himself BUT he is a drug addict and drug addicts make irational decisions. IMO a club can't turn a blind eye to drug use and then do nothing about it when the star becomes a full blown drug addict with the money they provide him.

bobmar28

Bench
Allan Gaskall on ABC News Radio once suggested on air that Broncos supporters switch their allegiance to the AFL Brisbane Lions( a few years ago when the Broncos were struggling).
He's usually on early mornings on weekends, I think he copped some flak over that and although he is very careful not to offend these days, if you read between the lines so to speak you will see what I mean. Like this morning when his news presenter said he watched the anzac test last night gaskall replied "couldn't find anything else to watch?"

Brutus said:

But this continual praising of Demetriou is annoying the hell out me. He actually said today that the AFL deserves credit for offering to pay for Cousins' rehab. FARRRRRKKK!!!

the AFL is paying $0 for Cousins' rehab they should probly get the most simple of facts right first

Collingwood Storm said:
the AFL is paying $0 for Cousins' rehab they should probly get the most simple of facts right first

Quite true.

They're just allowing the Weagles' cost of fixing the crackhead to be added to their salary cap.

FMD...

Brutus

Referee
Kept switching over to Tracey Holmes on 2BL just to see what she was talking about during the 2SM ads and all I got was how badly behaved footy players were. She was in studio with another one of her women's lib buddies and all I heard was Willie Mason is boofhead, football players are thick, they need a fulltime job, why don't we ever hear of other athletes like swimmers playing up. This cow has it in for rugby league, and blokes in general, in a massive way.

I don't know why the ABC gave her a job hosting grandstand again. Bring back Simone Thurtell!!!! At least she had a balanced view on things.

McCrud

Juniors
Brutus said:
Kept switching over to Tracey Holmes on 2BL just to see what she was talking about during the 2SM ads and all I got was how badly behaved footy players were. She was in studio with another one of her women's lib buddies and all I heard was Willie Mason is boofhead, football players are thick, they need a fulltime job, why don't we ever hear of other athletes like swimmers playing up. This cow has it in for rugby league, and blokes in general, in a massive way.

I don't know why the ABC gave her a job hosting grandstand again. Bring back Simone Thurtell!!!! At least she had a balanced view on things.

I also heard Tracey today, only for a little while. Pretty pathetic stuff. The Mason-bashing was brought competely out of left-field, had no relevance to the topic at hand.

Got to listen to a half-hour Layne Beachley circlejerk. Apparently Layne and Tracey and life-long friends, so we had to listen to these two 'shoot the sh*t' live on-air.

STFU Tracey, why do we have to listen to this crap?

Brutus

Referee
ABC's Tim Gavel talking to Shaun McRae - "Matt Orford must be a shoe-in for the NSW Origin side due to Manly's fine form to start the season":lol:

He then asked whether Cooper Cronk would be a good choice for NSW or QLD.

C.P

Juniors
Bourbon Beccy Wilson at it again today in her now regular Saturday stick the boot in of League. Having a good old sook about the poor picked on women sports reporters. In amongst the vomit inducing-me against the world sob story was this pearl of wisdom about League vs Flogball

"....unlike the much more civilised world of the AFL "

:crazy: :crazy:

In amongst her tales of being a female journalist/freedom fighter the column also featured these other things to say..

" the feral and nasty element thrived in rugby league, 25 years later, I have no reason to believe it has been eradicated"

And says of League players:

" Young men with just one talent.....
...relatively uneducated, many hunted in packs"

The article indicates at the end that she receives plenty of hate mail. Its good to see that not everyone is swallowing her rubbish.

El Diablo

Post Whore
"....unlike the much more civilised world of the AFL "

:lol:

she's been on the piss again. look out if you're on the road

has she missed out on the recent behaviour of these neanderthals?

i doubt anyone sends her hate mail. she's not worth the time

Ron Jeremy

Coach
El Diablo said:
:lol:

she's been on the piss again. look out if you're on the road

has she missed out on the recent behaviour of these neanderthals?

i doubt anyone sends her hate mail. she's not worth the time

Taxi!!!!

Bourben Beccy:lol: :lol:

Brutus

Referee
Drink driving Beccy is without doubt the worst writer in Australia.

A five year old could come up with with less predictable and better constructed stuff.

Mr Saab

Referee
Brutus..did you hear the email this morning with Zorba?
Some guy was giving it to Quaddie (via email) and zorba said he would rather not comment about other members of 2KY.

Latest posts