What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest anti-league nuffy in the Sydney media

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The funny one was Eric Grothe was pronounced like he was a grot.

Hard to explain it but say the gro from grot then put the 'th' sound after it.

The Preacher

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Ohhhhhhhh sartian!
Where did he end up?
What about Diane Covney Garland..

Bill Coralis went all out for his news crew

2KY used to take the SM news feed and during BSB. Suck-Your-Own-Wine-Stein used to come on and abort the news through to 9-00am. He ended up getting pissed off to just being a roving reporter so they could cut him off whenever they wanted.
When I started listening to Talkin Sport I copped Dianne Coveny-Garland and used to piss myself laughing when she would f**k up every name she tried to pronounce. She was like a Benny Hill script. I think she's doing the roving reporter roll now, though she was doing the weather a couple of weeks ago.:lol:

glockers

Juniors
A friend from Perth was offered the newsreader role on 2SM. When she told me I was like don't do it, they won't pay you on time and the quality is shocking.

Very amusing.

ocko

juniors
Mr Saab said:
Brutus..

How about the news crew every hr for 2SM? How bad are they? Worst news readers i have ever heard. Sound like they needed to be tested by ASDA

they are terrible. i'm studying journalism, i bet you i could do better

ocko

juniors
brooksy19 said:
Worst news reporter is the chick that does the afternoon session at New fm 105.3, you should of heard her attempt Asotasi and Vagana.

lol, what is so hard about asotasi, vagana you can understand, because it's not pronounced as it's written, but asotasi???

Mr Saab

Referee
glockers said:
A friend from Perth was offered the newsreader role on 2SM. When she told me I was like don't do it, they won't pay you on time and the quality is shocking.

Very amusing.

Very true.

Mr Saab

Referee
It has.
Not sure what influence that had on 2SM not recieving any form of broadcast rights in terms of calling games.

The Preacher

First Grade
No, it's the "Super Radio Network" and is owned, I believe, by ex Newtown benefactor Bill Karalis (spelling ?). He used to be in the grog trade in Sydney.
It has a multitude of rural stations under it's control, which is one reason why they have tried to get some calling rights. This year they made a big play for Monday Night Footy as the only broadcaster is Triple M, which just does not have the scope of SM or GB, but they were denied any rights at all. :(

Mr Saab

Referee
Its a shame they were denied for all the country folk, but i can understand in a way why they were denied.

Brutus

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Its a shame they were denied for all the country folk, but i can understand in a way why they were denied.

The reason they were denied was because of 2GB's insistence that no other commercial AM station be allowed to call the football. I know Karalis has his problems and the news service is amateur hour, but seriously SM could really benefited the game in the country if they were afforded one little slot out of 8 games to call.

They would have also given diehard RL fans an alternative to the Triple M calls which caters for a much younger and less knowledgable audience.

The Preacher

First Grade
Brutus said:
The reason they were denied was because of 2GB's insistence that no other commercial AM station be allowed to call the football. I know Karalis has his problems and the news service is amateur hour, but seriously SM could really benefited the game in the country if they were afforded one little slot out of 8 games to call.

They would have also given diehard RL fans an alternative to the Triple M calls which caters for a much younger and less knowledgable audience.

That's the ONLY reason they were denied any broadcast rights. :x

Coooooorrrrrrreeecctt !!!

Mr Saab

Referee
Brutus said:
Gavin Robertson alert!

Throw your radios in the microwave!

I am listening to it.
He has no idea. Asking if Bob McCarthy is apart of the immortals and then sucking up to callers like "ya know know mate" Kurty.
They way he is talking i think he is back for a while....#$%^

Brutus

Referee
I heard him ask if Macca was an immortal. You'd expect him to know something about the immortals with it being in the news recently. There's only a handful of them.

Latest posts