What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest anti-league nuffy in the Sydney media

Brutus

Referee
herbert henry1908 said:
mascord
masters
Voss
Greg Prichard
Warren Ryan
David Morrow
Greg Alexander
John Gibbs
Peter Sterling.
Warren Smith

I would agree with all of those as being quality league journos/league media identities. I would put Graeme Hughes in there as well. He can be a bit repetitive on a few issues, but we must remember that he is on almost 7 days a week for god knows how many hours - things are bound to be repeated, especially when certain callers bring up these issues on a regular basis. He does a good job in getting the RL message out there. Certainly better than someone like Hardley who is only really interested in talking about himself or his fellow panel members or knitting in the nude.

Brutus

Referee
Does Brisbane have any quality league media identities anymore? Any league radio or tv shows in the Queensland capital like there like there used to be?

HevyDevy

Coach
herbert henry1908 said:
mascord
masters
Voss
Greg Prichard
Warren Ryan
David Morrow
Greg Alexander
John Gibbs
Peter Sterling.
Warren Smith

Only three of them are journos - the rest are either hosts or commentators.

HevyDevy said:
Only three of them are journos - the rest are either hosts or commentators.

the lines are blurred on a few of them ,

John Gibbs & greg Alexander for instance host a sports show on radio , they do plenty of interviews which puts them more in the middle ground.

Voss's background is also from radio , which i think makes him more than just a host or commentator.

although the rest , morrow , ryan , sterling and warren smith are mostly just media identities.

HevyDevy

Coach
The thread is indeed about that, but my question is about journos.

Just seems to me that there is nobody that you guys rate at all so wanted to clarify.

Obviously there are a few that you consider to be decent which is good to know.

Brutus

Referee
HevyDevy said:
The thread is indeed about that, but my question is about journos.

Just seems to me that there is nobody that you guys rate at all so wanted to clarify.

Obviously there are a few that you consider to be decent which is good to know.

Someone should start a thread then about good league journos. There are a few as mentioned in some previous posts.

However this current thread is reserved for the nuffies in the media or in some cases, good league media identities/journos who are capable of letting the odd nuffy comment slip.

lucablight

First Grade
Love him or hate him Phil Gould is a quality commentator and "journalist" and you can't deny his passion for the game.

Mr Saab

Referee
Terry Kennedy came up with a gooden yesterday.
Said that it was Tony Priddle that broke his thumb on Lazarus' head in the 93 GF.

Brutus

Referee
Who the f**k is calling the shots at 2SM???

Langers is on for the first hour then is replaced by nuffy king Roberston for the remaining 3 hours.....fARRRRRRRRKKKKKKK

tye

Juniors
Brutus said:
Are you calling Quaddie a league journo?

Freedman doesn't claim to be a league journo, he doesn't work on a rugby league radio station. Think about it clown!

tye said:
Freedman doesn't claim to be a league journo, he doesn't work on a rugby league radio station. Think about it clown!

:lol:

actually your the clown.

read the context first , he never claimed Freedman was a league journo , infact he is disputing the fact that he is a journo at all.

Mr Saab

Referee
Brutus said:
Who the f**k is calling the shots at 2SM???

Langers is on for the first hour then is replaced by nuffy king Roberston for the remaining 3 hours.....fARRRRRRRRKKKKKKK

Langers is only on from 3-4 doing the retro hour.
The rest of the show is a lottery