What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest anti-league nuffy in the Sydney media

Brutus

Referee
Imagine the outcry if say a Gower or even a Lockyer did a 'Cousins'.

League would be forever crucified (if it already isn't).

El Diablo

Post Whore
a reserve grade bench player could do what Cousins did and those knobs would go ballistic and bag League for an hour

it doesn't have to be a big name for them to find a way at having a go at League

Mr Saab

Referee
The Preacher said:
Did you notice the voice drop and the bowed head when Gibbo mentioned, in muffled tones, the name Ben Cousins. It was like he was paying homage to some great idol. Makes me want to vommit when I see this sort of bias from people that will stand up and tell "bald faced lies" when questioned on their favouring one code in particular.

I noticed that also. Gibson has become a mouthpiece for the AFL after his bears were kicked out of the comp

DeeGan

Bench
I had to turn this off - Tracey Holmes's best impression of a being a school teacher chastising Steve Mascord was just too much.

I also caught the "sledging has no part in the game of cricket" :lol:

N.F.I. - I am sorry, she takes the crown from Bec Wilson for never being wrong.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Rodney Hogg looked like he wanted to jump over the desk and remove her from the set...

The way she patronises others and her holier than thou attitiude is disgusting

Brutus

Referee
Mr Saab said:
I noticed that also. Gibson has become a mouthpiece for the AFL after his bears were kicked out of the comp

I don't know why. He used to write scathing articles on how crap AFL is and his disdain for the Swans' bandwagon support.

People that change their colours like that need a good kicking. I'd like to slap around his wobbly chin a bit and tell him to get a grip.

Brutus

Referee
BTW, EL D? thanks for deleting the trash that was starting to appear in this thread. Good work.

Mr Saab

Referee
DeeGan said:
I had to turn this off - Tracey Holmes's best impression of a being a school teacher chastising Steve Mascord was just too much.

I also caught the "sledging has no part in the game of cricket" :lol:

N.F.I. - I am sorry, she takes the crown from Bec Wilson for never being wrong.

Did she say that? I will have to watch the replay for that.
She is sooooooooo far removed from todays sport its ridiculous.
And yes, she is the new "queen" (madussa) of sports journalism in australian sport.

Hindyscrack said:
Rodney Hogg looked like he wanted to jump over the desk and remove her from the set...

The way she patronises others and her holier than thou attitiude is disgusting

She did the same thing a couple of weeks back on the Sports segment (usually done by our friend David Morrow) on the breakfast show on the ABC. She launched into a hysterical tirade regarding Laffranchi and the NRL's new sposnorship deal. Luckily she hasn't been back... The last time I heard her on Grandstand she was having a big love-in with an ex-AFL footballer and soccer nerd Andy Harper as part of some radio reality series on them getting fit or something. Surprisingly, neither of them were subjected to a tirade about any off-field incidents regarding their favourite codes.

How on earth does Holmes even have a job? She's abrasive, biased and unpleasant to listen to on the ABC (and not much better to look at on TV)...

Didn't she disapear with Stan to Hong Kong some years ago? Let's start an appeal to send her back... I'll kick in for the first $20.

Brutus

Referee
She is a horrible looking thing, who obviously thinks a stupid new hairstyle each week will take the focus away from her beastly features.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Holmes is a hypocrite of the highest order, Whinges when a league player farts. Gets hysterical over sledging in cricket, but doesn't seem to be to worried about stealing someone elses bloke. She's a biast two bit whore,and the sooner she's railroaded out of the media the better.

Brutus

Referee
Listening to Fat Quaddie Freedman rating his all-time best RL players is making me sick.

Why isn't this guy on a racing show and a racing show only? Who decided to give this nuffy a sports gig?

I'm still hoping they will read my email highlighting his shocking error in the Sunday paper (the wests tigers v warriors 2005 GF one):lol:

Brutus

Referee
Or Melbourne where he lived for 20 plus years where he picked up his undenying passion for AFL (still knows nothing about the game).

Went to a Canberra private school where he was obviously brainwashed with union. Did you hear him try and defend the Western Farce for attempting a penalty goal at 22-0 down? He'll defend his two fave codes until the cows come home.

innsaneink

Referee
Heard him though wasnt really listening this morning talking about Johns' neck injury and he mentioned "that player from Penrith..."

Latest posts