What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Grub in the comp

azzah72

Bench
Well Gallen raked the face of a QLD player. Missed by the ref and the commentators. Luckily for Gallen, he got away with it.

Already mentioned, but Ricky Stuart seems to remember a few things as well.

[Sharks] Coach Ricky Stuart has confirmed there is pressure to strip the captaincy from the Blues enforcer after several unsavoury incidents marred Wednesday's Origin decider.

...Gallen's incidents are well known. Earlier this year he was suspended for three weeks for raking a bandage off Gold Coast's Anthony Laffranchi.

In the same match Josh Graham accused him of grabbing him on the testicles, an accusation for which he was not suspended.

Two weekends ago he slapped Josh Cordoba when the Parramatta utility was seemingly suffering from concussion, prompting a heated response from Parramatta boss Denis Fitzgerald.

Gallen's actions on Wednesday sparked outrage on websites, a window into the public's wider anger.

...Stuart is resisting the push from within the club to sack Gallen

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23967138-23214,00.html

Are you a gronk?

That article has nothing to do with anything that Gallen did that was "Grubby" on wednesday night!

Now you make an unsolicited claim that he raked someones face? Well i didn't see it and thats the first I've heard of it and i am sure many others didn't see it, so i am going to call bull sh*t on that.

I am well aware of Gallens Past Discretions, i know he has done some stuff that is deemed "grubby" but all you clowns are saying he is a grub for wednesday night?!?!

What did he do? Nothing! No body has been able to come up with 1 grubby thing! Stupid? Yeah sure, Grubby? Nope, not a thing!

All the sh*t about him losing his captaincy is Bull, Its a media stir up. Do i think he should be captain? I'm not sure but i know he isn't going to be stripped any time soon.

But i know what It's going to be like from now on, the bloke will do anything! and you lot will call him a grub and make up sh*t, he could help and old lady cross the f**king road and you'll call him a grub for trying to grab her ass or something.

If you guys don't like him then fine, but speak facts, not your own little imaginary, fairy land fiction!

He did some stupid sh*t on Wednesday night, really dumb, made me cringe, but it didn't cost us the game, and none of it was grubby.

It was our Inept Halves that lost us the game by not knowing how to do anything else but bomb the right hand flank or kick it into QLd's shins!

Thats what lost it.

In saying that, keep hating everyone, I Absolutley love it, Puts a massive smile on my face! The more you hate and the more these stupid articles are in the paper, It will fire up the boys.

I'm glad Gallen Farked up on Wednesday night, got it out of his system hopefully and will start having blinders again for the sharkies!!! And i know you will all hate that!! Hahaha :D

Last edited:

gregstar

Referee
it will be amusing when gallen performs his usual dopey cat act at the most crucial time during the semis & cost the sharks the game. he's a dead cert to do it.

stuart gave him the captaincy probably hoping that it would cut the crap out of his game. he must be as p*ssed off as anyone.

the thing that is frustrating is that gallen doesn't need it. he's a good player without having to resort to that sh*t.

since greg bird has cut out the niggle, he's absolutely capitalised on his talent. obviously gallen needs a huge embarrassment to realise he's a chump.

i look forward to reading sharkies fans turn on gallen when he comes up crapper in the key moment of a final.

LESStar58

Referee
Perhaps you need to open your eyes.

0207_origin1_nh_9.jpg

Looks a little grubby to me?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Gallen "millimetres" away from getting suspended after doing something similar to Cordoba? Gallen barely connected, and this was worse than that. If the judiciary has any balls Petero will be cited.

Is that from the first penalty NSW were given because that should not even have been a penalty for mine....

gregstar

Referee
it seems to happen virtually every tackle nowadays.

it's a cheap act. i noticed dean young doing it against the titans in amongst his having a shocker of a first half. i just struggle to cop it - it's a sh*tty cheap, pisspoor cowardly act.

nqboy

First Grade
it seems to happen virtually every tackle nowadays.

it's a cheap act. i noticed dean young doing it against the titans in amongst his having a shocker of a first half. i just struggle to cop it - it's a sh*tty cheap, pisspoor cowardly act.
I ran a poll here a while ago about whether facials were cheap/cowardly or tough/hard/part-of-the-game. Can't remember the result now though I do remember Ron Jeremy loved them.

cheap/cowardly for mine.

j0nesy

Bench
It's been part of league for as long as I can remember. I'm not saying it's right, just saying it's nothing new. The effect is to:
1. Slow the play the ball
2. Attempt to provoke the man in possession
3. Assert dominance over (intimidate) an opposing player

A good knee, elbow or puch up under the rib cage of the offending arm often does the trick and usually escapes the notice of the referee, as it can appear to look like an accident in the event of trying to get up to play the ball. Anyone remember Michael Hancock? Not many players were game to give him a facial massage.

imasharkie

Coach
Another grub to the collection:

Zeb Taia.

His late "Riley Brown" tackle on Paul Gallen after he was called Held on the last tackle of the game.

eaglefan64

Juniors
Gallen & Matai.

Coming from storm supporter thats GOLD.:crazy:

I watched the dragons v storm game last night and your team is full of Grubs. Sure some teams have individual grubs, but the storm are obviosuly coached that way.

A scumbag club full of scumbag grubs

hitman82

Bench
I'm a massive Steve Price fan, but he is guilty of lots of niggly little things, especially around the ruck. I used to hate us playing against him when he was with the Dogs, always getting away with subtle stuff

sharko

Juniors
Anthony Watmough and Steve Matai..both are born and bred grubs..they both abuse women in public and always play dirty where possible.ie gouging and facials..scum of the highest order!

Latest posts