What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bit of bad news to come out of today..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jimmy must be the only footballer that signs with a smiley face next to his signature.

nicest bloke at the club imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
When I was leaving at about Midday, I walked Past Fui Fui and what looked to be some relatives, 2 kids and an elder samoan Gentleman, but he was still happy to smile and wave for the fans and speak with the people who were behind us, (even if it was a simple thanks and a smile) from his car.

Now as to Hillsong, they are the most unchristain christians I have ever met. But I don't know the full story, so I am not to pass judgment.

Again to Zapps, spoke with me a couple of times during the day, we had a bit of a joke on the last time, so I had no problems there.

I did say hi to Matt as he walked past and got a possitive nod of the head in recognition, but then again I am not one to speak to the players about much, Just a thank you after the game is all I can ever say to them.

Yeah, the Moi Moi phone thing wasn't that bad I guess...After he signed, I thanked him and he looked up and smiled. At least he appreciated me appreciating him lol.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
nicest players by far were:

Jimmy - who had an old couple chewing his ear off for about half an hour and he never even sounded tired of them

Blake - who joined us for a photo and then thanked us for it, and did the same when WittyChick got one with him

Caylo - nuff said

Eric - who got yelled at by an organiser for quickly signing a girls jersey when he had a break. The girl was obviously there only for him, she had a poster of him, GROTHE on the back of her jersey and a number 5 painted on each cheek. he signed her jersey and gave her a kiss on the cheek

Marcus - who didn't even stop signing when he was in his car! and was handing out unsigned posters to people who weren't in the line, with a smile

Oake - who was king of the kids!

i had a good day, but it was pretty bad when there was NOTHING to do cos every player was on the table. that just encourages the eBay people because they can get every signature in one go. Let them walk around, or at least sit down in groups and you have to go to an effort to get "fully signed" stuff
I had no run in with any players, except when fui had his angry face on and frightened me a little bit :(

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Have to say many of the fans can be very rude though too. At about 12.30 we tried to get Hindy out of the crowd, he tried to sign as much as possible but was under the constraints of time. There were people who wouldn't take no for an answer. Two of the staff were trying to help him through the crowd and one of the girls was almost knocked over. Even when people were told not to ask as he had to leave you were completely ignored and even told to get ****ed......

I was the subject of a small amount of abuse when the FREE fairy floss ran out..... copped similar last year when the FREE popcorn wasn't ready in time.

That's true - some fans are bloody rude!

My sister and I were standing in the signing table line, and Hindy was at the back near where the barbie was being cooked. My sister started hyper-ventilating lol (she is such a fan of the team she shames me at times! lol) and asked if I could go with her to get a photo taken (she had previously had a photo of Captain Cayless taken with her).

I agreed and we started walking over. As we did, he was walking away and mentioned to us that he had to go and take his seat at the table - we both said, "No problems mate!" and he promised us he would let us take a photo with him later.

There were two other girls, however, who would not take no for an answer and kept pushing (both with words and physically) until Nathan had a photo taken with them...

JessEel

yea, i got a photo with benny and was pushed out of the way by a woman with a balloon on her back pack, and then when it was my go, her balloon kept getting in the way of it!

fish eel

Immortal
JessEel said:
yea, i got a photo with benny and was pushed out of the way by a woman with a balloon on her back pack, and then when it was my go, her balloon kept getting in the way of it!

you should have popped it!!!

JessEel

fish, now now, you should know that i am the nice one of our group!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
JessEel said:
nicest players by far were:

Jimmy - who had an old couple chewing his ear off for about half an hour and he never even sounded tired of them

Blake - who joined us for a photo and then thanked us for it, and did the same when WittyChick got one with him

Caylo - nuff said

Eric - who got yelled at by an organiser for quickly signing a girls jersey when he had a break. The girl was obviously there only for him, she had a poster of him, GROTHE on the back of her jersey and a number 5 painted on each cheek. he signed her jersey and gave her a kiss on the cheek

Marcus - who didn't even stop signing when he was in his car! and was handing out unsigned posters to people who weren't in the line, with a smile

Oake - who was king of the kids!

i had a good day, but it was pretty bad when there was NOTHING to do cos every player was on the table. that just encourages the eBay people because they can get every signature in one go. Let them walk around, or at least sit down in groups and you have to go to an effort to get "fully signed" stuff
I had no run in with any players, except when fui had his angry face on and frightened me a little bit :(

I completely agree with that list!

I'll also add:

Ash Graham - he was always courteous and seemed happy to be there.

Joel Reddy - always smiling and courteous.

Tim and Ben Smith - both smiling and very nice guys. Tim asked us how we were doing and looked interested in our answers (despite the fact he was wearing sunnies, it was easy to see that he was looking into our eyes as we were speaking). Benny was great - I asked him how he like dbeen referred to as the Penguin, and Hindy started inceesantly repeating to himself, "Penguin? Penguin!" and Benny just smiled and looked at us and said, "Oh no - thansk for that! Now he'll be at it all day!"

All in all a nice day, albeit with some minor issues.

And, may I ask...

How do some of you guys do it?

I mean, I'm standing in front of guys like Nathan Cayless, Nathan Hindmarsh, Paul Stringer, Glenn Morrison, Timana Tahu, Eric Grothe, Tim Smith and many more...And I freeze up. I get this idiotic grin on my face and freeze up...lol

fish eel

Immortal
JessEel said:
fish, now now, you should know that i am the nice one of our group!!

:lol:

Sorry, should I have said

"You should have got Rowdy to pop it?"

or

"You should have gotten someone to give Eela a boost so he could pop it?"

JessEel

lol, you get used to it, i get star struck with other teams players tho...
the ones that we've known for a while don't seem that big tho, cos we've known them since the were jersey flegg players or premier league players i guess....
Ben and Tim are also :thumb but im not happy ben didn't give me one of those massive smiles in my photo!! :( :( :(

Hellsy

Immortal
You should have demanded it Jess!
Usually if you prod him for it you get it cause he can't help himself :LOL: :LOL:
I get star struck around the other teams players too sometimes...(I luv Matty King).. we just see our boys so often that they are like distant aquaintences

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's just weird..

For all the soccer fans...

When living in Barcelona, I met Michael Reiziger, Ronaldo, Vitor Baia, Luis Enrique and Luis Figo at a Barca singing session...I had no trouble talking to them at all, and they are (compared to League stars) massive footballing stars...

The Colonel

Immortal
The only time I came close was at the Brisbane game last year when Shane Webcke asked me a couple of questions. Most of the players are nice blokes - I have a lot of time for Oakey and Tim.

fish eel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
It's just weird..

For all the soccer fans...

When living in Barcelona, I met Michael Reiziger, Ronaldo, Vitor Baia, Luis Enrique and Luis Figo at a Barca singing session...I had no trouble talking to them at all, and they are (compared to League stars) massive footballing stars...

If I met Ronaldo, I'd be to busy staring at his buck teeth!!

Hellsy

Immortal
Eric is the easiest player to talk to by far.
He is just a naturally happy friendly person
He will talk to you for ages and not get tired of it

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
Don't tap Ronaldo on his shoulder to get his attention tho

or he'll go down holding his knee

:lol:

Bazing!

And yes - I DID spend a lot of time staring at Ronaldo's teeth...But not as much as I did staring at Reiziger's amazing'y-massive jaw lol.

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
Jimmy must be the only footballer that signs with a smiley face next to his signature.

nicest bloke at the club imo.
Easily. Great great guy.

Latest posts