What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bit of bad news to come out of today..

eelaholic

First Grade
How funny was jimmy!! When we were having a casual chat on his way out he was cracking jokes left right and centre!!

Marcus was an absolute legend! He was handing out posters to everyone in line. He moved from the ball passing game to the dunking game, to here to there, he got involved in everything and was as friendly and chatty as ever! Big wraps to this guy! I even lent him my texta to sign a few of the posters to give to people cause he didn't have one.

All in all it would have been a great day. Though the sh*tty part was you had to line up all day and miss out on stuff going on if you wanted to get stuff signed (which you were only allowed 1). Or if you wanted your kids to have fun on the stuff then they didn't get to see the players cause they weren't allowed to interact. I didn't even know there was a bloody BBQ! And wasn't there supposed to be stadium tours? According to the news letters? How are you supposed to do all that in under 2 hours? Cause come 12pm you are getting told to leave because the staff and players wanted to go home, and you've just spent the last 2 hours waiting around for nothing!

It could have been run a little better, or at least made an actual day of it to cope with the number of fans there wanting to meet their heros. They maybe should have broken the players up into sessions so half would be on the amusement whilst the other half signs, then switch after a while and made a whole day of it!

I think most of the players were annoyed by the fact they were getting bossed around by the eels staff all the time and getting yelled at. I was surprised by the number of jokes players would make when an eels staff (no offence colonel you were fantastic) would come up and bark an order into their ear.

yy_cheng

Coach
Maybe they should use a ticketing system with Time Slots where you book ahead and limit the no. of people for each timeslot as well as the no. of timeslot allocated to each person. I guess some sort of ID needs to be shown.

Something like:

Lot A
Group A1 - Hindy, Morro, Burt [9am - 11am]
Group A2 - B Smith, T Smith, Brian Smith [11am - 1pm]
<and so on>

Lot B
Group B1 - Wade, Grothe, Vella [9am - 11am]
Group B2 - Tahu, Widdo, PJ [11am - 1pm]
<and so on>

Lot C
Group C1 - Caylo, Riddell, Moi [9am - 11am]
Group C2 - Colonel, Nikki, Jess [11am - 1pm]
<and so on>

And when all the players are allocated in groups, the groups could show up again later in the day at another time slot.

wittyz chick

Coach
wittyz chick said:
I don't know but I *may* be able to find out about Delaneys injury by about late tomorrow afternoon if its not known by then :) but I just hope its not serious!!!!!!!!!!!

I stayed true to my word ... except its almost night

Delaney is OK :D Nothing serious!!

He'll be playing PL this week

I also got told it Morris who did it [at this point I had a laugh and said Morris must really want to make sure he has the 5/8 spot]

I got this off my uncle who works with Delaneys dad

Stagger eel

Staff member
wittyz chick said:

I also got told it Morris who did it [at this point I had a laugh and said Morris must really want to make sure he has the 5/8 spot]

well done young lady.

wittyz chick

Coach
eloquentEEL said:
I don't suppose eels_fan_01 lives just down the hallway from you?

:lol: :lol: it took me a while to understand what you meant [that'll teach me to read all threads]

but no :lol: I actually have no idea who eels_fan_01 is besides our newest forum member :lol:

Nikki

Coach
Eelementary said:
Tim and Ben Smith - both smiling and very nice guys. Tim asked us how we were doing and looked interested in our answers (despite the fact he was wearing sunnies, it was easy to see that he was looking into our eyes as we were speaking). Benny was great - I asked him how he like dbeen referred to as the Penguin, and Hindy started inceesantly repeating to himself, "Penguin? Penguin!" and Benny just smiled and looked at us and said, "Oh no - thansk for that! Now he'll be at it all day!"

Hahaha!!! Classic! I can soo see that happenening. God out guy can put some sh*t on each other...

Nikki

Coach
Eelementary said:
How do some of you guys do it?

I mean, I'm standing in front of guys like Nathan Cayless, Nathan Hindmarsh, Paul Stringer, Glenn Morrison, Timana Tahu, Eric Grothe, Tim Smith and many more...And I freeze up. I get this idiotic grin on my face and freeze up...lol

Mate, my trick is to babble the most inane crap that comes into my head! I come out with the weirdest stuff around those guys. I done something really embarrassing before a fan day once and swore Jess and Rowdy to secrecy only to blab it all to the first player I saw. And all in all, as close as me and Hindy got, I dont think I have ever had a decent conversation with him (not that i think that is possible with Hindy).

Eelementary

Post Whore
Good stuff! I'll work on it! lol

I guess it's because I was always a drfiter - living in Europe and South America, you grow to love soccer because...Well, it's the only sport there...

In Barcelona, I tried supporting their European champions basketball team, and their Spanish champion handball team...But to no avail. I was just not interested.

Enter League and the Eels and I've found my passion.

Could explain why I was cool as a cucumber in front of massive footballing stars like Ronaldo and Baia, but freeze up in front of the Eels lol.

Nikki

Coach
Meh, I wouldnt know a soccer player from Adam. League players are constantly on my radar... lol. But opposition players scare me a bit. I just use alot of please and thank yous and you would be surprised about the different reactions you get. I have watched ppl ask for autographs and just walk away but whenever I get one I alway say "thanks mate" and 9 times outta 10 the player will actually stop what they are doing and make eye contact with you to say no worries.

1eyedeel

Juniors
I don't think anyone mentioned Jeremy Smith, who was on the tackling bags the whole time I was there and was great with the kids and was also more than happy to give me five minutes for an interview...

And he was most gracious when a bloke came up to him and said: "Who are you?". "Jeremy". "Jamie?" "No, Jeremy"...

Nice to say a quick hi to some of you forum folk too!

sooperdooper

First Grade
wittyz chick said:

i thought he would be ok