What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bit of bad news to come out of today..

Nikki

Coach
I've seen it happen way too many times at other clubs and it frustrates me. When it comes to fan/player interaction I beleive we have one of the best. I know I have had my whinge about yesterday, but thats only coz I dont want to see us take on the arrogance that other clubs have. Yesterday for example, the players were allowed to walk around and mingle with fans (albeit, not supposed to sign autographs). I went with a mate to the Roosters Fan day on Friday night where the players were barrakaded (spl) away from the fans and they were actually climbing over one another just to get autographs... WRONG!!! Organising it that way only boosts players egos IMO and that is NOT a good thing. Kids and adults alike should be able to go up to the players, have there photos taken, wish the players well and talk to them on the same level I guess.

the_eel

Juniors
Not good to hear that some of the players were rude! They should be on their best behaviour on fan days.

PIG

Juniors
why don't you guys name who the rude players are then? it's not like they should be protected if thats the behaviour they carry on with. not revealing their names just creates suspicions in everyones minds.

having said that some of the guys get jack of signing autographs for the same adults every single week....i'd be sure of it - not personally attacking anyone here.

Nikki

Coach
PIG said:
why don't you guys name who the rude players are then? it's not like they should be protected if thats the behaviour they carry on with. not revealing their names just creates suspicions in everyones minds..

Well the players I had problems with were PJ, Peto and official Tony Zappia. But of course, my reactions from people would be totally different from others. Those same ppl were probably really nice to others. PJ was the one that picked on the kids tho. Didnt think those Hillsong freaks were like that!

Nikki

Coach
PIG said:
having said that some of the guys get jack of signing autographs for the same adults every single week....i'd be sure of it - not personally attacking anyone here.

Just as well I dont get things signed every week then. Musta been missing alot tho, coz I am sure we have just had 5 months off footy..

Hellsy

Immortal
So I didn't miss much then??

Bad news about Delaney and Cannings, hopefully Delaney's injury is not too bad

wittyz chick

Coach
I don't know but I *may* be able to find out about Delaneys injury by about late tomorrow afternoon if its not known by then :) but I just hope its not serious!!!!!!!!!!!

PIG

Juniors
Nikki said:
Just as well I dont get things signed every week then. Musta been missing alot tho, coz I am sure we have just had 5 months off footy..

like I said, not trying to attack anyone inparticular- and I agree with u that that's what their job is to do at fan days- but i'd get the sh!ts signing autographs for the same perso everyweek if I had somewhere else to be as well....the guys aren't robots.

Nikki

Coach
Agreed. If I walked up every week and asked for things over and over again, especially after a game then I would expect to be eventually told where to go.

Eelementary

Post Whore
PIG said:
why don't you guys name who the rude players are then? it's not like they should be protected if thats the behaviour they carry on with. not revealing their names just creates suspicions in everyones minds.

Players who were rude/or gave off that vibe to me and my family: PJ, Moi Moi and to an extent Petersen.

Players who made efforts to smile or make small chat: Cayless, Morrison, Stringer, Grothe, Tim and Ben Smith, Blake Green.

Everyone else was quiet to us but polite.

I was just a tad disappointed in PJ and Moi Moi - two of my favourite players.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And I don't want to sound like an asshole...

But being a professional sports star isn't all games, training, endorsements and the occassional signing session. They have responsibilities as 'heroes' to many, many people to behave in a manner befitting their club and fans.

I didn't think it was a huge deal, mainly because I love the club so much I tried to brush it off.

But to hear a guy you look up to whinge about the size of the line and another guy sign your poster in a half-hearted manner because he's too busy with his phone...No matter if he's an Eel or not, it's disheartening.

Eelementary

Post Whore
parra piggy said:
hey eele did you see me there?

'You' you as in Parra Piggy?

Piggy as in Riddell?

Or the stuffed toy? lol

I'm pretty sure I saw Hollywood there - tall, unbelievably striking man with a moustache...That's right, eh HJ?

parra piggy

Juniors
the phone thing is a bit wrong, they stay on it all day long. they would not be able to catch a ball whilst on the phone hey

Nikki

Coach
Eelementary said:
But to hear a guy you look up to whinge about the size of the line and another guy sign your poster in a half-hearted manner because he's too busy with his phone...No matter if he's an Eel or not, it's disheartening.

If I was in charge of these boys, phones would be banned on Fan Days. In saying that, as Henry was leaving a little kid ran up to him for an autograph. Henry was on the phone, politely told the person on the other line he would call them back and gave all his attention to the kid.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
maybe business hasn't been going so good for PJ and/or Petersen (with Ballplaya and the garage respectively)?

with Fui, it may be that he's just extra shy and quiet?

certainly not making excuses for them... just trying to think of reasons why they would come across like that

Nikki

Coach
Yeah, Fui dont speak english too good so I dont expect to much from him. I have seen him with a friends kids in a moment that would melt anyones heart so yeah, I cant really comment on him. But he was nice to me yesterday. But as i said in an earlier post, different ppl would have got different reaction from players.

wittyz chick

Coach
Nikki said:
If I was in charge of these boys, phones would be banned on Fan Days. In saying that, as Henry was leaving a little kid ran up to him for an autograph. Henry was on the phone, politely told the person on the other line he would call them back and gave all his attention to the kid.

I remember seeing that :D I was happy to see that not ALL of them love their phones more then their fans (and I'm not trying to sound mean so sorry if it seems like I am)

Latest posts