What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Raiders should appeal his suspension. Unlike Tamou, who confessed and pleaded guilty, Ferguson is pleading his innocence, and thus the presumption should be that he is in fact innocent until proven guilty, on what basis can the NRL justify his suspension?

dontbro

Juniors
The presumption of innocence doesn't seem to apply in the NRL. When they feel like playing judge, jury and executioner they come up with some bullshit excuse like "intoxication". f**k me.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So innocent players are now having their registration suspended. If he's guilty the nrl should take action but this is madness. Why couldn't people just make allegations against random nrl players in future hell probably be a good way to extort someone. Don't even need to be guilty just charged.
His registration was suspended not just because of this allegation. But he has an established pattern of misbehaviour and in this case he has been charged. So it's a bit different to just saying anything "against random nrl players".

You could say player X did Y to you, that wouldn't be enough to have his registration suspended and charges laid.

Last edited:

kmav23

Juniors
The Raiders should appeal his suspension. Unlike Tamou, who confessed and pleaded guilty, Ferguson is pleading his innocence, and thus the presumption should be that he is in fact innocent until proven guilty, on what basis can the NRL justify his suspension?

Employees are often stood down from employment when charged with serious crimes.

eozsmiles

Bench
Man I'm sick of this motherhood statement , ' no excuse for assaulting women '

There's no excuse for assaulting ANYONE unless you are in physical danger.

Woman , man or callathumpian.

good call.

What is Fergo's rap sheet like? He must have more sins than I have heard of to be suspended for repeated infringements, like Smith said. This offence sounds like enough on it's own, but that isn't what was said in the media release.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well Ferguson has stuffed up, you'd think he would learn after the Dugan incident earlier, there was talk off the field how he's matured since and all he could think about was football.

He deserves to be dropped from NSW and also Canberra Raiders.

beave

Coach
You need evidence strong probability to be charged by police.

You can not wait for everyone for every court case as you could have guilty criminals playing.

Seriously, have you ever proof read your posts before pressing the 'submit reply' button.

It's hard enough to take you serious with your 'i hate the sharks' rants, but when your serious posts are like reading a Vietnamese girl's wedding vows in English, it makes it really f**king painful...........

Pretty much lost respect for David Smith.

I thought we had finally got a CEO who wasn't reactionary.

New punching rule and now this.

Looks like we're in for years more of reactionary decision making.

First Grade
If thats what the NRL decides they want to do, fine.
Suspend him for the rest of this year, but round 1 2014 he should be running out in the lime green.

I will be furious if the Raiders sack him

I agree with you, suspend him put him in actual proper counselling and let him remain a Raider when he comes back. He stuffs up after that permanent ban

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Don't let the door it you on the arse on the way out, you scummy douchebag. Well done bringing the game into disrepute over women yet f**king again. Shame on Canberra for giving the moron a slap on the wrist and well done to the Blues for pissing away their integrity by selecting him in the first place.

His registration was suspended not just because of this allegation. But he has established a pattern of misbehaviour and in this case he has been charged. So it's a bit different to just saying anything "against random nrl players".

You could say player X did Y to you, that wouldn't be enough to have his registration suspended and charges laid.

That's pure rubbish.

Without the charge he wouldn't have his registration suspended.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Seriously why would you want him?

His a bad influence and always causing trouble.

Raiders are a young team don't need his crap.

Because he's one of the best footballers in the world and makes us a better team and gives us a greater chance at winning a premiership

We've dumped Carney only to see the spineless NRL let him waltz back into the game, on an even bigger wage, with a bigger profile and go on to be the face of the game. We're now seeing Dugan stroll back into the NRL without so much as a whimper from the NRL attempting to back our stand

Im sick of it. Im sick of seeing my club try and do the right thing only to see it bite them on the arse thanks to the limp wristed efforts of the NRL.

f**k the NRL and their absurd guilty until proven otherwise attitude and f**k their limp wristed efforts in backing clubs trying to make a stand against serial pests

Ill be sending an email to the club tomorrow expressing to them should they sack him, that ill be handing in my membership. Time to start thinking of ourselves, no other club puts the game and its image first, why the f**k should we?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The NRL has every right to suspend him if they believe they have him cold, but natural justice shouldn't be forgotten.

Look at the world and then look at the game and its a reflection of what professional sport is.

The NRL would have behavior standards written in to his contract as they would with everyone else. They only need proof he's tarnishing the games name to suspend him.

Its not a court of law. Its a dictatorship. As it should be.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I would support automatic standing down of any player who is charged until their court date. That way we don't have BS "why is player A being stood down when player B didn't" whingeing.

Crimes Act 1900 (NSW) Indecent Assault

The Crown must prove beyond reasonable doubt that the assault was indecent. The word ?indecent? means contrary to the ordinary standards of respectable people in this community. It is for you to determine the standards prevailing in our community when deciding whether the Crown has satisfied you beyond reasonable doubt that the act alleged in this case was indecent.

For an assault to be indecent it must have a sexual connotation or overtone. If [the accused] touches [the complainant?s] body or uses [his/her] body to touch [the complainant] in a way which clearly gives rise to a sexual connotation that is sufficient to establish that the assault was indecent. For example, touching the genitals or anus of a male or the genitals or breast of a female.

http://www.judcom.nsw.gov.au/publications/benchbks/criminal/indecent_assault.html

Hoppa should have been up on multiple counts then.

Flapper

First Grade
His registration was suspended not just because of this allegation. But he has an established pattern of misbehaviour and in this case he has been charged. So it's a bit different to just saying anything "against random nrl players".

This is pretty much it. He has form in mucking up.