What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

So he was formally charged by NSW police according to the fox sideline commentator, he will face court the day before origin.

More of a dig at what I think was a pretty light punishment from the NRL for Tamou's drink driving.

You think?

It was effectively $50k + 2 games for a first offence.

Don't get me wrong , I consider drink driving a very serious offence.

But given most professions that don't rely on a drivers licence wouldn't hand out any penalty at all , I have a hard time believing its a light penalty.

Meth

Staff member
You think?

It was effectively $50k + 2 games for a first offence.

Don't get me wrong , I consider drink driving a very serious offence.

But given most professions that don't rely on a drivers licence wouldn't hand out any penalty at all , I have a hard time believing its a light penalty.

Yeah, I've already been through my thoughts on this on the thread about Tamou. I'd hate to take the attention off Fergusson. But I would have liked to see harsher punishment.

Spot On

Coach
Poor Lozza. Gets a win in game one then Tamou gets on the drink, Hayne does a hammy, Fergo gets on the drink. What next? Seven years without a series win and just when you think we've got the upper hand we shoot ourselves in the foot. If NSW were to win game 2 now it will surely rank as one of, if not the greatest victory in NSW Origin history.

I forgot to mention Mitchell Pearce is the halfback. It would be the greatest ever NSW Origin victory. Ever.

NrlCoach

Juniors
The legal stuff will run its course, the NRL will hand down their punishment... after that, the Raiders should give him a 10k fine and move on

**** the moral high ground.
LOL U Watm8 . You acting like Fregusion is going to win you a premiership Wighton to Centre f**k Frego off

images

Raider_69

Post Whore
I really really hope the Raiders play him this week against the Tigers (unless he's banned by the NRL)

Let the courts handle it, let the NRL dish their sentence out, add a 20k fine from the Raiders and move on.
Sacking him will hurt no one (including him btw) but the Canberra Raiders.

The NRL have played their hand with disgraced footballers, time to play ours. We can continue to be nice guys and finish last, or we can get on with the job of trying to win a premiership.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Poor Lozza. Gets a win in game one then Tamou gets on the drink, Hayne does a hammy, Fergo gets on the drink. What next? Seven years without a series win and just when you think we've got the upper hand we shoot ourselves in the foot. If NSW were to win game 2 now it will surely rank as one of, if not the greatest victory in NSW Origin history.

I forgot to mention Mitchell Pearce is the halfback. It would be the greatest ever NSW Origin victory. Ever.
That's the part that gets me pissed. You would think after 7 long freaking years the team would be aware just how important it is to put your best effort in and get the damn job done.

Personally I would throw them both out of camp anyway. Considering their history... WTF does it take to get it through their heads?

I actually feel sorry for the Raiders. They have been gifted so much talent, but none of them have any self control.

dontbro

Juniors
In regards to the earlier comments relating to restraint of trade issues if the NRL were to prohibit Fergo from playing with another club, that is not exactly correct.

If the Raiders terminate his contract for a fundamental breach, which a conviction would no doubt be considered fundamental, then the Raiders have been deprived of the benefit of the contract with Ferguson. The Raiders are then entitled to seek an injunction which would prohibit Ferguson from applying his trade (i.e. as a football player, and perhaps even wider, as a sportsman) for any other employer for the duration of the contract that hasn't been fulfilled. So if he were on a 4 year contract, and he completed two years when the contract was terminated, well then he can earn his living as a garbo, but not a rugby league player, for the remaining two years.

That's essentially what the Bulldogs were gonna do with Sonny Bill. Until he went to France.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Crimes Act 1900 (NSW) Indecent Assault

The Crown must prove beyond reasonable doubt that the assault was indecent. The word “indecent” means contrary to the ordinary standards of respectable people in this community. It is for you to determine the standards prevailing in our community when deciding whether the Crown has satisfied you beyond reasonable doubt that the act alleged in this case was indecent.

For an assault to be indecent it must have a sexual connotation or overtone. If [the accused] touches [the complainant’s] body or uses [his/her] body to touch [the complainant] in a way which clearly gives rise to a sexual connotation that is sufficient to establish that the assault was indecent. For example, touching the genitals or anus of a male or the genitals or breast of a female.

http://www.judcom.nsw.gov.au/publications/benchbks/criminal/indecent_assault.html

Pete Cash

Post Whore
So innocent players are now having their registration suspended. If he's guilty the nrl should take action but this is madness. Why couldn't people just make allegations against random nrl players in future hell probably be a good way to extort someone. Don't even need to be guilty just charged.

What does it mean to have your registration suspended ? Does it mean he is no longer contracted to the NRL ?

You are just another of raider 69's alts aren't you? Both accounts consistently say women instead of woman and post close together a lot.

No. Just no.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach

That's a bit melodramatic. The forward pack (who played a huge part in NSW's dominance of Qld in Game 1) is arguably better now. Regarding the backs, Dugan is regarded as a worthy replacement for Hayne, which leaves us with a wing spot now vacant. I'd bet Loz will go with Uate who, despite a couple of defensive flaws last season, has been an otherwise competent winger who can also do the power plays in attack.

Billythekid

First Grade

Tamou and fergo had barely any impact in the first game really. I would say that missing Tamou is probably a good thing, woods deserved the spot in front of him in the first place.