What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

STORM.99/07

Bench
The NRL has every right to suspend him if they believe they have him cold, but natural justice shouldn't be forgotten.

Look at the world and then look at the game and its a reflection of what professional sport is.

The NRL would have behavior standards written in to his contract as they would with everyone else. They only need proof he's tarnishing the games name to suspend him.

Its not a court of law. Its a dictatorship. As it should be.
The nrl didn`t have the same standards in 2008 when thaiday,hunt and boyd were filmed in a toilet with a woman after beating the chooks in the qualifying final.the broncos fined their players $140000 but didn`t suspend them cos they needed them to play in the final the following week.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The nrl didn`t have the same standards in 2008 when thaiday,hunt and boyd were filmed in a toilet with a woman after beating the chooks in the qualifying final.the broncos fined their players $140000 but didn`t suspend them cos they needed them to play in the final the following week.

Things have changed. Simple as that.

Danish

Referee
Te'o hasn't been charged. If he does he will be stood down.

Greg Inglis, Anthony Cherrington, Joel Thompson, Robert Lui, Brice Gibbs, and a range of other players have all had assault charges laid against them over the years. None of them were stood down prior to their trials.

In fact the only player ever to be stood down that I can recall was Greg Bird, who in comparison was banned for a year and chased out of the country.

skeepe

Immortal
Just listening to David Smith, he has already determined Ferguson's guilt.

Absolutely disgraceful. The NRL can go f**k themselves the useless f**king merkins.

betcats

Referee
If he did do it he has taken stupid to a new level. Even just going on the piss with Dugan is f**king stupid after what happened.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

No, but he has a history of alcohol related issues, so I can understand it from that point, my question is why did they not suspend dugan as well???

None of them were CHARGED WITH A CRIME.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Ferguson doesn't have a repeat issues with assault though.

Other than the assault charge , why has he been suspended ?
"repeated behavioural issues"
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...nvestigated-for-incident-at-sydney-nightclub/

The NRL has suspended the registration of Canberra?s Blake Ferguson over repeated behavioural issues involving the abuse of alcohol.

Key word: "repeated". If he was just charged and he had never put a foot wrong in his career before today he wouldn't have had his registration suspended.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
So you've decided his guilt have you?

The NRL are not jumping at shadows, as many people on here are suggesting. The police took less than 24 f**king hours to find merit in convicting him. They must have some pretty conclusive evidence. That, coupled with Fergusons on record history and what the hell were the NRL supposed to do??

They could have just let it go, then cop the negative headlines in the rags tomorrow morning, calling them soft on offences against women. You KNOW that would have happened. They needed to make a stand and they did, and for that I commend them. We do not need more sensationalist garbage on our heads going into Origin 2. I love sticking it to the media and the wowsers as much as the next guy, but we do not have that luxury in this instance.

Ferguson is a moron with a bad attitude. The Raiders were wrong to give him a lifeline and this is the proof of it. Ferguson has played his last game of NRL football and we all know it deep down, so the Raiders and Blues faithful had better start getting used to it.

Just listening to David Smith, he has already determined Ferguson's guilt.

Absolutely disgraceful. The NRL can go f**k themselves the useless f**king merkins.

Yep.

I've lost complete respect for David smith already.

I thought the era of reactionary leadership was over and we actually had someone in charge that had a spine.

I was very , very wrong.

BunniesMan

Immortal
NOONE at the NRL has said he is guilty. Noone is disputing his right to the presumption of innocence.

You can be punished without it meaning everyone thinks you're criminally guilty.