What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

thorson1987

Coach
How does one get kicked out of a club ?! You have to be a massive merkin or passed out to get kicked out...

From what I have heard is he wasn't actually kicked out of the club.

He went outside and cops were there with the ambos for something unrelated.

Saw he was intoxicated, advised the bouncers not to let him back in.

Jason Maher

Immortal
There's stupid, and there's completely f**king brain dead. Fergo is the latter. The DUgan not far behind. Seriously, you're on notice for past bad behaviour, you get given a reprieve, turn on the best form of your career, get picked to play Origin, and then go and do this. Frankly, there probably aren't enough negative and insulting words in the English language to describe just how stupid Ferguson is.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Greg Inglis, Anthony Cherrington, Joel Thompson, Robert Lui, Brice Gibbs, and a range of other players have all had assault charges laid against them over the years. None of them were stood down prior to their trials.

In fact the only player ever to be stood down that I can recall was Greg Bird, who in comparison was banned for a year and chased out of the country.

That was then, this is now. I don't make the rules, don't sound so peeved!

kmav23

Juniors
Just listening to David Smith, he has already determined Ferguson's guilt.

Absolutely disgraceful. The NRL can go f**k themselves the useless f**king merkins.

so blame the police and the employer but not fergo....

his being stood down for intoxication and charging back in after being kicked out via the back...

if his found guilty of indecent assault his finished for the yr...and raiders need to sack him

Its the name of the game. Just like Actors taking $50m a movie and then complaining about the paparazzi. If your a big name footballer earning big money, if you f**k up it's going to be public news and you will probably be stood down pending investigation.

That's exactly why it's prejudicial , it's so public.

If a player is charged with a serious crime , standing him down pending a jury trial effects his chance of a fair trial.

Can you not see that ?

magpie4ever

First Grade
So the NRL have conducted a full investigation in the last 10 hours have they?

How much time did they get with the witnesses ? Or with ferguson ? Wouldn't he have been busy with the police & his lawyer ?

Mate, don't ask me; ask Smith and/or the Integrity Unit - they have decided.

byrner

Juniors
Since when is it illegal to be drunk? Its not. And none of us know what happened so it is all speculation.

Bandwagon

Staff member
What irks me here is that any one with more than two brain cells to rub together can see that the reason he has been stood down is that criminal charges have been laid. Dugan's continuing status is undeniable evidence of that.

Yet the administration won't come out and say that is the case, just as they did in the instance of Stewart.

Why is that?

Is it because they know that to do so is plainly wrong?

byrner

Juniors
What irks me here is that any one with more than two brain cells to rub together can see that the reason he has been stood down is that criminal charges have been laid. Dugan's continuing status is undeniable evidence of that.

Yet the administration won't come out and say that is the case, just as they did in the instance of Stewart.

Why is that?

Is it because they know that to do so is plainly wrong?

And the player will take them to the cleanera when they are found innocent

magpie4ever

First Grade
And let's face it: Stewart was banned for 4 weeks because of his drunken behaviour at a season launch not the sexual assault - fact.

Looks like Ferguson got the same - re: ban.

cleary89

Coach
That's exactly why it's prejudicial , it's so public.

If a player is charged with a serious crime , standing him down pending a jury trial effects his chance of a fair trial.

Can you not see that ?

Don't become a footy player then? Or better yet, don't f**k up. World we live in. Whats next, your going to cry about not being able to smoke on planes?

betcats

Referee
So the NRL have conducted a full investigation in the last 10 hours have they?

How much time did they get with the witnesses ? Or with ferguson ? Wouldn't he have been busy with the police & his lawyer ?

If he was acting like a dickhead I dont think it would be that hard to work out, a few quick conversations with the staff should prove that.

Anyway im not sure on all this, I think ill wait to see what happens over the next few days, im sure some more will come out.

Its the name of the game. Just like Actors taking $50m a movie and then complaining about the paparazzi. If your a big name footballer earning big money, if you f**k up it's going to be public news and you will probably be stood down pending investigation.

Spot on. Made the same point many years ago when Andrew Symonds was banging on about having to do interviews all the time, said the same thing every time Daaaaarius Boyd gives a "Yes, no" press conference. Without the media, there would be no money in the game.

If the players want to play for 50-75% less, then I'd cop them not giving the media the time of day, I'd cop them not being treated as, and subsequently punished as, role models. But they love their coin, so they just have to face the fact they they will be treated differently than "the common man", just like a lot other high profile people in this world that get paid because of their profile.

cleary89

Coach
“The fans do not want to see the game tarnished and neither do the players,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr Dave Smith, said today.

“It’s time for people to understand that the game isn’t going to accept this sort of behaviour.

“The first step in Blake’s case is to make a clear call in relation to Origin and tomorrow we will consult with the Raiders to determine the minimum period we would look at in terms of suspension.

“We have worked closely with both the NSWRL and the Canberra Raiders during this process and there remains genuine concern for the welfare of the player.

“We will offer every support to address any issues but there also has to be a clear deterrent.”

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-on-blake-ferguson/tabid/10874/newsid/72962/default.aspx

Well done Smith. Take a bow.

And let's face it: Stewart was banned for 4 weeks because of his drunken behaviour at a season launch not the sexual assault - fact.

Looks like Ferguson got the same - re: ban.
Look, I hate Stewart. He is a sook, acts like a petulant child, is a sore loser and his eyes are too close together, but he was banned because of the sexual assault claim as much as the drunken behaviour at the launch. Sure that may have been the "official line", but you have to pretty naive to accept that as the 100% reason for the ban.

Apey

Staff member
I was going to say I hope there are some trolls out doing the world a service on twitter tonight. Dugan's "end yourself" event was hilarious.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Nrl players get drunk all the time. I find it difficult to believe if Stewart or fergo in this case had just acted like drunken tools they would have been suspended.

Does anyone believe the nrl would be sanctioning Ferguson if he had just been chucked out of a club for being a belligerent twit.