What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

magpie4ever

First Grade
Strange that this was sorted quickly yet Teo's still going.

Like they said Ferguson's was for booze. Teo was drunk also. Leaving guilt or innocence of the charges both were drunk so why not same sentence??

I don't think there was any issue with Teo's behaviour at the pub or club. I dont know whether there was any mention of being drunk.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Of course the raiders are going to provide him assistance. The thing with Blake is he never pulls out the upbringing as an excuse. He was taken from his parents by DOCs which is normally a sign of a serious problem

Sir Biffo

Bench
Laurie Daley should get his missus to lodge complaints against Thurston, Smith, Cronk, Inglis and Slater. Then precedent would surely state that they get stood down right??

elbusto

Coach
Smith is making the right decisions. The game is bigger than the individual and certain individuals lack the capacity to understand this.

How a player selected to play State of Origin, the pinnacle of our game, allowed this to happen is beyond me.

These guys play a great game for great money and expect they can act like idiots,

They have a responsibility to their Club, their State, and to the game and its followers (us) to set an example so others will follow them.

This is a day we had to have so we can move forward.

If you want idiots to throw punches, take cheap shots, get pissed and do stupid things in the public eye then follow something else.

The future of Rugby League is not going to welcome that form of behaviour.

The NRL's Code of Conduct has been out there for any number of years. Some of these idiots need to realise it, abide by it or go and do something else.
progress.gif

If someone in finance or in your business is being charged with fraud and theft they are stood down suspended.

same in many jobs it they are charged with something

police
teachers

etc

You're a imbecile.

Allegations of fraud in the finance industry relate directly to the business being conducted.

And if someone is charged with a theft that is unrelated to ones workplace they are not stood down. In most cases the employer wouldn't even know.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Of course the raiders are going to provide him assistance. The thing with Blake is he never pulls out the upbringing as an excuse. He was taken from his parents by DOCs which is normally a sign of a serious problem

I hope so, plus the NRL. This young bloke will need some serious and long-term support whether he is guilty or not.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Strange that this was sorted quickly yet Teo's still going.

Like they said Ferguson's was for booze. Teo was drunk also. Leaving guilt or innocence of the charges both were drunk so why not same sentence??

I said it earlier but I would think its because Ferguson has formally been charged by the Police. I have no doubt that if Te'o is charged he too will be stood down and I would back it 100%

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
You're a imbecile.

Allegations of fraud in the finance industry relate directly to the business being conducted.

And if someone is charged with a theft that is unrelated to ones workplace they are not stood down. In most cases the employer wouldn't even know.

Don't do yourself a disservice by wheeling out the personal insults. You are allowing your hatred of the media to cloud your judgement. There is literally nothing else the NRL could have done except what they have. He has not been stood down over the allegations. He has been stood down because of his continual contempt for how an NRL footballer should conduct themselves.

kmav23

Juniors
You're a imbecile.

Police and teachers are stood down if they are been charged,.

Its been proven Fergo prob admitted to be drunk and charged back into the club which is enough for him to be suspended just for that...

why are you defending idiot like fergo

..his damaging the game with Repeated disgraceful conduct..

do you know a few months ago he got pissed and spat at people in the crowd ?

Last edited:

elbusto

Coach
Police and teachers are stood down if they are been charged,.

Its been proven Fergo prob admitted to be drunk and charged back into the club which is enough for him to be suspended just for that...

why are you defending idiot like fergo...his an adult damaging the game ?
You and I are gong to have to stop agreeing with each other Kmav.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I hope so, plus the NRL. This young bloke will need some serious and long-term support whether he is guilty or not.

Prison is full of people who need help, or fckwit animals who don't know how to behave themselves in a civilised society, depending on your point of view.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Not unless they are charged my friend. Nice try any way.

Why couldn't someone just have sex with a big name player and then say pay us 50k or I will claim rape and you will have your registration suspended

just as a hypothetical

elbusto

Coach
Why couldn't someone just have sex with a big name player and then say pay us 50k or I will claim rape and you will have your registration suspended

just as a hypothetical
Not sure this relates to this case with CCTV. Sounds like a 'Four Corners' discussion.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Prison is full of people who need help, or fckwit animals who don't know how to behave themselves in a civilised society, depending on your point of view.

So what or are you saying he should be thrown onto the street.

Look I feel sorry for the alleged victim, but this young bloke undoubtedly needs help.

magpie4ever

First Grade

just as a hypothetical

I'm sure there was a actual case of that. Not the highlighted , though.

elbusto

Coach
So what or are you saying he should be thrown onto the street.

Look I feel sorry for the alleged victim, but this young bloke undoubtedly needs help.
I do not think any of us even understand why he made a mistake like this. I wonder what support processes he has in place?

The woman involved, on the basis of what we know, has every reason to lodge a complaint. It is very difficult to feel any sympathy for him at all to be honest.