What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

magpie4ever

First Grade
Don't become a footy player then? Or better yet, don't f**k up. World we live in. Whats next, your going to cry about not being able to smoke on planes?

f**k yeah, and pubs, clubs and even f**king open space sportgrounds - f**king fun police and nanny state - PCs win continously.:x

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I was going to say I hope there are some trolls out doing the world a service on twitter tonight. Dugan's "end yourself" event was hilarious.

Sandor seems pretty sensible I don't think he is going to be trolled on it and raiders legal I imagine is telling fergo to stay off social media.

Just seems pathetic to troll a pro athlete isn't the standard response basically I get paid to play sport. What have you done with your life.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Look, I hate Stewart. He is a sook, acts like a petulant child, is a sore loser and his eyes are too close together, but he was banned because of the sexual assault claim as much as the drunken behaviour at the launch. Sure that may have been the "official line", but you have to pretty naive to accept that as the 100% reason for the ban.

C'mon mate, if he was banned for the sexual assault charges it would have been more then 4 weeks - more likely until the case was finalised.

If he was acting like a dickhead I dont think it would be that hard to work out, a few quick conversations with the staff should prove that.

Anyway im not sure on all this, I think ill wait to see what happens over the next few days, im sure some more will come out.

I think more than just a few 'quick conversations' should be needed in order to suspend a players registration , don't you ?

At the very least some sort of formal investigation.

C'mon mate, if he was banned for the sexual assault charges it would have been more then 4 weeks - more likely until the case was finalised.

Without the sexual assault allegations it would have never come to light.

And given the seriousness of the charges the NRL should have kept well away until the police & courts were done with it.

Last edited:

Swamp

Juniors
The NRL are not jumping at shadows, as many people on here are suggesting. The police took less than 24 f**king hours to find merit in convicting him. They must have some pretty conclusive evidence. That, coupled with Fergusons on record history and what the hell were the NRL supposed to do??

They could have just let it go, then cop the negative headlines in the rags tomorrow morning, calling them soft on offences against women. You KNOW that would have happened. They needed to make a stand and they did, and for that I commend them. We do not need more sensationalist garbage on our heads going into Origin 2. I love sticking it to the media and the wowsers as much as the next guy, but we do not have that luxury in this instance.

Ferguson is a moron with a bad attitude. The Raiders were wrong to give him a lifeline and this is the proof of it. Ferguson has played his last game of NRL football and we all know it deep down, so the Raiders and Blues faithful had better start getting used to it.
Spot on.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Without the sexual assault allegations it would have never been known though.

And given the seriousness of the charges the NRL should have kept well away until the police & courts were done with it.

Secondary buddy, pissed at a season launch (and his actions there) - how it became known to the NRL doesn't matter.

franklin2323

Immortal
Strange that this was sorted quickly yet Teo's still going.

Like they said Ferguson's was for booze. Teo was drunk also. Leaving guilt or innocence of the charges both were drunk so why not same sentence??

magpie4ever

First Grade
Whatever the result this young bloke will need some serious help - had a less then stable upbringing, has serious behaviourial problems - great shame for such a talented footballer.

I hope that help is available.

Secondary buddy, pissed at a season launch (and his actions there) - how it became known to the NRL doesn't matter.

The point is , there wouldn't have been such a issue about him being drunk if the assault allegations didn't happen.

You're pretty naive if you believe he would have copped a 4 week suspension for that alone.

Tamou got 2 weeks and he admitted to a crime.

No way in the world would Stewart have got that suspension without the allegations.

kmav23

Juniors
Yep , lets just suspend any sort of due process because we've got to look like we're doing something :sarcasm:

If someone in finance or in your business is being charged with fraud and theft they are stood down suspended.

same in many jobs it they are charged with something

police
teachers

etc

Tommax25

Bench
There's stupid, and there's completely f**king brain dead. Fergo is the latter. The DUgan not far behind. Seriously, you're on notice for past bad behaviour, you get given a reprieve, turn on the best form of your career, get picked to play Origin, and then go and do this. Frankly, there probably aren't enough negative and insulting words in the English language to describe just how stupid Ferguson is.

lol@$(c)uff$?

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade

One can easily surmise who this police witness was. Nobody claimed that Stewart crash-tackled the girl, was pulled off her, or was too drunk to remember. In fact, the police officers who later gave evidence said he was courteous and in control.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/sins-of-the-father-20120611-204wg.html#ixzz2WTaBapWm

He wasn't even rolling drunk from the evidence given... Teo should have got the same as Fergo though. Until everything is sorted out.

Tommax25

Bench
Despite this swift and strong response from the NRL will the media still spin it against league? Surely they couldn't find a way, Ferguson yes, but surely they will be gushing for the administration, this is the kind of action they complain never gets taken when they have a cry cause someone pissed in an alley.