What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson found guilty of indecent assault

As the post I was reponding suggested, the police had no hesitation charging him. DS is obviously making stern warning of enough is enough. And to think this was less than a week after Tamou. It really beggars belief that this pair even went out on the p#ss together let alone get into trouble on the eve of origin camp. I for one am over having to constantly defend the code when these geniuss do their damnedest to bring all the good work of others undone.

He hasn't been suspended for the charges.

And even if he had , how quickly the police charge someone is not a determinant as to their guilt or innocence.

Noname36

First Grade
I personally find the "he had a bad upbringing so that explains his actions" card a bit of a cop out.

Due to my line of work I've known a lot of kids who have had similar (and in most cases horrific) upbringings and none of them carry on like Ferguson does. It doesn't excuse his utter disrespect for his club or the game that's given him everything.

Still though I don't think the Raiders should have to sack him. There's no point given a Sydney club will sign him up anyway unless he's deregistered by the NRL. I can't see that happening but then again we don't know the details yet.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't think there was any issue with Teo's behaviour at the pub or club. I dont know whether there was any mention of being drunk.

at 3am waiting for a taxi rather then driving would suggest some amount of alcohol. Teo could drive he's not a the taxi rank doesn't meet the girl and no trouble. So both are similar

Bumble

First Grade
It's hard to argue with your post. I don't think the NRL has an obligation to help Ferguson out.

That said, I hope they do. He's difficult upbringing does change the complexion a little to me. One only needs to look at crime rates against socioeconomic status to see there is a link.

I'm not sure that permanently deregistering Ferguson really does anything for improving the way women are treated in the game. An extremely harsh punishment together with helping him through his issues is a powerful statement. Provided they can actually get it to work.

I'm a noted soft touch though. It's sad to me to see someone come from a difficult background, have the world at his feet and then f**k it up. It's upsetting.

Yeah - I don't want him thrown in jail for no reason but he certainly shouldn't get the easy way out of getting sacked by the Raiders and showing up at a Sydney club a month later with all forgiven.

De-register him for a year without pay, on a strict alcohol ban (with counselling) and make him get a real job. If he doesn't screw it up, welcome him back in 2015. If he does? Seeya,

kmav23

Juniors
You keep saying police & teachers like they're somehow related to an NRL player. They have infinitely more important jobs.

And I'm not defending ferguson. Your belief that I am only goes to show how stupid you really are.

I'm defending an individuals rights to fair process.

FMD if he was not a NRL player but a guy named ALi from western suburbs who has history of spitting on people when drunk... and he was charged indecent assault

you think he would get 1 person feeling sorry for him ?

would you defend him if he was stood down from his job ?

FMD if he was not a NRL player but a guy named ALi from western suburbs who has history of spitting on people when drunk... and he was charged indecent assault

I can't speak for others , but I'd defend due process for anyone.

This is not about ferguson for me , it's about due process.

Let me be clear , if ferguson is found guilty I hope he serves a custodial sentence. The accusations against him are vile & outrageous.

TimmyB

Juniors

Well I suspect that would be a breach of employment law. It's not a very good analogy.

skeepe

Immortal
Since this is not about him being charged, the next NRL player to be found drunk in public must also be de-registered. The NRL have laid out the rules quite clearly here - get drunk, be de-registered.

Judge, jury, executioner all rolled into one. Why even bother with the courts? Just hang him now.

bartman

Immortal
Ever been to a prison? It's full of people with mental illnesses, learning disabilities, and critically low intellect.

And yeah there's scumbags too.

The world's not such a simple place old mate.
Sounds like your average NRL club these days, no?

kmav23

Juniors
I can't speak for others , but I'd defend due process for anyone.

This is not about ferguson for me , it's about due process.

Let me be clear , if ferguson is found guilty I hope he serves a custodial sentence. The accusations against him are vile & outrageous.

lol

save it for someone who is a decent human and not a spitter,,, :lol:

his on top money $$$ and can afford top legal services

cleary89

Coach
Why couldn't someone just have sex with a big name player and then say pay us 50k or I will claim rape and you will have your registration suspended

just as a hypothetical

Case in the UK about 2 months ago. Chick got tagged up by 2 19 yr old uni boys. Regretted it, said they raped her. She got 3 years in prison.

Now imagine blackmail thrown in. I would think that would be quite a bit of a deterrent.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
Since this is not about him being charged, the next NRL player to be found drunk in public must also be de-registered. The NRL have laid out the rules quite clearly here - get drunk, be de-registered.

Judge, jury, executioner all rolled into one. Why even bother with the courts? Just hang him now.

Hahahaha you post a lot of shit, but I think this takes the cake skeepe. Epic meltdown.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Case in the UK about 2 months ago. Chick got tagged up by 2 19 yr old uni boys. Regretted it, said they raped her. She got 3 years in prison.

Now imagine blackmail thrown in. I would think that would be quite a bit of a deterrent.

How would you prove she lied. It would be the exact same he said she said thing that will likely save Ferguson unless there is video evidence.

rl player: she said if I didn't pay her 50k she would go to the cops
woman: no I didn't

Can you convict beyond a reasonable doubt there.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
I'm sure theres a lot more details then just asking that. Usually if blackmailing someone you would have a fair few messsages. Not just "we f**ked, go to bank and get 50k now at 3 am or I'm calling the cops".

Pete Cash

Post Whore
But the point is it can easily be abused if all it takes is a charge. The police will charge someone in a he said she said sexual assault matter

cleary89

Coach
But the point is it can easily be abused if all it takes is a charge. The police will charge someone in a he said she said sexual assault matter

So, the chick gets someone suspended for a few weeks, gets 3+ years in jail and ruins her name forever. Yeh, that definitely sounds like a good idea!

Pete Cash

Post Whore
So, the chick gets someone suspended for a few weeks, gets 3+ years in jail and ruins her name forever. Yeh, that definitely sounds like a good idea!

She won't be incarcerated you idiot. The girl who accused Brett Stewart wasn't. how can the courts prove the reverse lmao

prosecution : did you lie about being sexually assaulted

girl: nope

case dismissed.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...ld-on-his-career/story-fni3fqyo-1226665304139

It's understood the charge will allege that Ferguson inappropriately touched the groin region of a female.

The Daily Telegraph was last night told that CCTV footage of the alleged incident is inconclusive. It shows Ferguson and former Raiders teammate Josh Dugan being friendly and taking photographs with a group of women for some time, before they are joined by another female, who arrived at the bar with her boyfriend.

The female approaches the group and sits alongside Ferguson. The alleged incident that is under investigation occurred at 10.35pm.

The tape shows the female react angrily and attempt to slap Ferguson across the face, before pushing him several times in the chest.

She then speaks to her boyfriend before returning to Ferguson, pushing him hard in the back so that he collides with Dugan.

The daily telegraph and all but if he just denies doing it the case might be hard to establish with that as the evidence